2013 Starting D-Line | The Boneyard

2013 Starting D-Line

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
While we are discussing possibilities, what is the consensus or possible combinations for the Starting D-Line?

Anchor End - Josephs (I think he comes back on a mission)
Tackle - Pruit
Tackle - Stephen/Myers
Rush End - Norris/Willman

Reaction Score
If Joseph comes back, he starts obviously. The end position is up for grabs between Wilman, Norris, Battles, McBryde, and possibly a true freshman or two. Pruitt filled in at DE, but I'd expect to see him back inside along with Campenni, Stephen, and Myers. Barring injury, I think those 4 will primarily see the snaps at DT. The questions loom on the outside. I'd feel much better if Joseph was returning (has anyone heard on that?). Am I missing anyone?

Reaction Score
boy are we going to miss williams, is ted jennings gone?

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
What is the time frame to hear about Joseph (and Bennett, for that matter)? Does anyone know when the NCAA deals with stuff like that? Obviously, Joseph coming back for us would be huge...

Reaction Score
What is the time frame to hear about Joseph (and Bennett, for that matter)? Does anyone know when the NCAA deals with stuff like that? Obviously, Joseph coming back for us would be huge...

I'm not sure what the time frame is, but I have heard that Cincy's QB (Kay) was granted his 6th year already. Joseph has a better chance of getting an extra year because he never redshirted in the first place. I don't have high hopes about Bennett coming back, and I'm fairly certain that Jennings is done here.

Reaction Score
Norris and McBryde showed flashes last year. I do think Trevardo is a huge loss. Joseph back would be huge. I think we will have a decent rotation at both DT, and DE, but we need someone to step up and be a difference makers like Reyes, and Williams have been on the DL. Also the Big Kid from Europe whose name escapes me is wild card. If he's learned to play you have to figure he would least bat down passes others normally wouldn't.

Reaction Score
I think this is the best DL that we have had in awhile. The backups played well last year and last year's recruiting class was loaded - Myers etc. Need to develop a pass rusher though. Don't see speed off of the edge. Joseph needs to come back.

Reaction Score
I think this is the best DL that we have had in awhile. The backups played well last year and last year's recruiting class was loaded - Myers etc. Need to develop a pass rusher though. Don't see speed off of the edge. Joseph needs to come back.

The best DL will mean nothing if you don't have good DB support. With Gratz and Blidi gone, I hope last years back ups are ready to start.

Reaction Score
any talks on going to 34 defense. Not sure if we have a true NT, but seems like we have the most depth/talent @ lb

Reaction Score
any talks on going to 34 defense. Not sure if we have a true NT, but seems like we have the most depth/talent @ lb

There has always been some. Probably a bit more this season.

Either Stephen, McBryde, or Myers will be the NT in that situation, with Jennings and Pruitt or Campenni on the outside.

Reaction Score

Stephens is a true NT. Our D lineman are better suited to the 3-4.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
I expect to see a nice push up the middle with Stephens and Pruitt/Campeni. DT seems to be the strength of the line. Joseph will be huge if he comes back and I think Norris could develop into a good pass rush DE. I think the push up the middle will benefit the DE's and the OLB. Not sure if Donohue, the stewart kid or ahiru will be starting, but they will be a big key into what the D does this year. Besides the CB's of course.

Reaction Score
I'm going out on a limb and saying the D will be really food next year

1. DL - it's not a toss up w/Norris/Willman, Norris will be a stud. I see Louis moving back to inside and playing a swing role a la Reyes.
2. LBs - big fan of Vann, Ashiru and anxious to see Stewart
3. CBs - Jones moves here and is paired with Williams (w/Stevenson as nickel)
4. S - Adams and Brown (w/Marder as 3rd in)

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I love the depth we have on D - so much so, I'd love to see if Floyd can move to O, where the depth is less so
I was worried about the secondary. I am not as much anymore. Trick will be to find out who can play corner.

Reaction Score
Wonder if a 6'4" kid can play corner? Or would Obi only get a look at Safety? Wirth really covered the field last year and was stout in the middle. Pruitt has the mobility to fill in for what Wirth did last year. We should see a good amount of rotation with all the D-lineman we have. Norris should be alot quicker this year after being thrown in as a true freshman. Keep the bodies fresh and it makes for more competitive practices if everyone plays.

Reaction Score
William seemed to make nice plays for us this year. He is a big kid and seemed t o get to the qb. Look forward to seeing more from him.

Reaction Score
Wonder if a 6'4" kid can play corner? Or would Obi only get a look at Safety? Wirth really covered the field last year and was stout in the middle. Pruitt has the mobility to fill in for what Wirth did last year. We should see a good amount of rotation with all the D-lineman we have. Norris should be alot quicker this year after being thrown in as a true freshman. Keep the bodies fresh and it makes for more competitive practices if everyone plays.

Have you seen the Seattle Seahawks play? I think big corners are the new trend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc