2013 Schedule Help! | The Boneyard

2013 Schedule Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hey all—need a little help here.

I’m getting married next year (2013) and am trying to pick a date that won’t conflict too much with the uconn football schedule. According to this schedule http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-13/big-east/2013-connecticut-huskies-football-schedule.php which I know is not always accurate, we start off with Towson which I don’t mind if I have to miss, then have an open date that would probably be an away game, then Maryland followed by Michigan. There is no way I'm missing the Maryland game or Michigan game.

My question is—has anyone heard of what that Sept 7th game could be? My boys and I do an annual RV trip to one good away game and I’d hate to have to miss it if that weekend we end up with a great OCC away game.

Thanks for any info..

Reaction Score
my advice is to get married during baseball season. even if the Huskies don't have a compelling game that weekend, your bride-to-be probably won't be too thrilled to see guests checking their iphones and what-not for scores during the reception. i've been to weddings during march madness and football season where the wedding ends up taking second place in the mind of a lot of the guests.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Congrats, get your games in now while you can. It's a guess at this point. If 12/7 is indeed the last day of the regular season, there are 15 weekends for 12 games. That's 3 bye weekends, so you could get lucky. If you go with October or later, you should be safe as Michigan/Maryland will almost certainly be in September and likely on the stated dates.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Don't get married! Don't do it! But congrats, if you must. :)

Reaction Score
HAHA-- well the good news is that she gets season tickets with me and has an interest in not missing any good games. We have to get married in Aug because of our work schedules and other factors. I'm not worried about the wedding but more the honeymoon depending on where we go-- Trying to make it early Aug to that I'm back in time and don't miss any games. I would assume that second weekend of the year we will be away plus I think we need to add another OCC game bc temple will now be a BE game. Of course who the hell knows what'll happen by then, we could be in the bigskiwesteast coast conference by then..

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
HAHA-- well the good news is that she gets season tickets with me and has an interest in not missing any good games. We have to get married in Aug because of our work schedules and other factors. I'm not worried about the wedding but more the honeymoon depending on where we go-- Trying to make it early Aug to that I'm back in time and don't miss any games. I would assume that second weekend of the year we will be away plus I think we need to add another OCC game bc temple will now be a BE game. Of course who the hell knows what'll happen by then, we could be in the bigskiwesteast coast conference by then..
haha nice, congrats. I'm in the same boat but for this year... unfortunately, our date is set - November 24. Waiting for the schedule to be released to see if we are missing a game...

Reaction Score
haha nice, congrats. I'm in the same boat but for this year... unfortunately, our date is set - November 24. Waiting for the schedule to be released to see if we are missing a game...

Total amateur move Mike.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I know man, I know. Anxious to see if it's a home or away game. We are both season ticket holders and hate missing games. Bridal party bus does have satellite TV at least!

Reaction Score
my advice is to get married during baseball season. even if the Huskies don't have a compelling game that weekend, your bride-to-be probably won't be too thrilled to see guests checking their iphones and what-not for scores during the reception. i've been to weddings during march madness and football season where the wedding ends up taking second place in the mind of a lot of the guests.
You have friends who got married during March Madness? I hope you didn't buy them a gift!

Reaction Score
the worst part is that the husband is more into MArch MAdness than just about anyone i know. it was all the signal i needed to tell me who's running things in that household. it's got to be rough to have that point made so clearly so early in the marriage

Reaction Score
Dude...All the Big East Schools have no idea when most of the games are going to be in 2012 let alone 2013...I think in 2013 everyone can play August 31st since it is the Saturday of Labor Day weekend. You might look at that day..it is nice for your guests who have to travel to do it over a 3 day weekend.

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
Can I just say how awesome it is that this is a legitimate question. Well done sir

Reaction Score
You are thinking short term, what huge game are you going to miss because it falls on your anniversary weekend. Bed and breakfast in Vermont instead of the Tenn game? Get married in August.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom