2013 Recruits can start anytime now ;) | The Boneyard

2013 Recruits can start anytime now ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Okay... we have the incoming class of 2012 scheduled to arrive in two months to the storrs campus... now all we need is a class of 2013 to rival the 2012 class.

Are we still feeling good with Chong and DeShields??? Who else is a must? Reimer or McCall?

Reaction Score
Chong 99% I think she will be the first to commit
DeShields 90% Uncertainty at Tennessee helps that was the one program that could play the close to home angle now thats gone it goes to best overall program in my estimation.
Reimer 50% ND-UCONN battle ND probably has a slight edge.
McCall I have no guess on

*These percentages are all guesses

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Chong.

DeShields.

McCall.

Samuelson.

My wild guesses.

Reaction Score
Chong 99% I think she will be the first to commit
DeShields 90% Uncertainty at Tennessee helps that was the one program that could play the close to home angle now thats gone it goes to best overall program in my estimation.
Reimer 50% ND-UCONN battle ND probably has a slight edge.
McCall I have no guess on

*These percentages are all guesses
From the recruiting site:
Chong hs offers from Louisville, Ohio State, Virginia Tech and interest from UConn, BC, Hofstra, Marist, North Carolina, Rutgers, St. Johns, Seton Hall, others.
So no offer from us yet apparently.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Is Samuelson any better than her sister at Stanford?

Different player; not as tall, maybe shoots the same (or a little less accurate) but quicker and better defender. Word has it that neither is as good as the youngest Samuelson who graduates in 2015.

Reaction Score

I think I read somewhere that Maryland is right in it with Diamond too.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Interesting when you look at the team and who is leaving at the end of 2012. KF and CD are the major losses, so I would think getting one or two good guards would be more important than forwards. Obviously DD you take on talent alone regardless of team needs and the coaches obviously think very highly of TR as she got a very early offer (based on Uconn's normal process, not the general trend in WCBB.)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think I read somewhere that Maryland is right in it with Diamond too.
Yep, the Terps are a strong contender for Diamond.

Re Samuelson, a bit like her sister, but shorter. She likes Geno from her sister's recruiting. The youngest one--class of 2015--is ranked 4th in her class. Apparently she is the best of the sisters by a fair amount.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
I hope we can pick up another Kelly Faris-type player, tough nosed defender, rebounder, "glue" player...maybe a little less hesitant to shoot. Don't think those kind of players are a dime a dozen, though.

Reaction Score
I hope we can pick up another Kelly Faris-type player, tough nosed defender, rebounder, "glue" player...maybe a little less hesitant to shoot. Don't think those kind of players are a dime a dozen, though.
If such a player is out there, Geno will find her.

Reaction Score
I don't think I have ever seen another Kelly Faris. There are glue players, but Kelly is in a different class from that. It is arguable that no one on UConn affected the two most important numbers on the scoreboard more than Kelly this season.

Reaction Score
Okay... we have the incoming class of 2012 scheduled to arrive in two months to the storrs campus... now all we need is a class of 2013 to rival the 2012 class.

Are we still feeling good with Chong and DeShields??? Who else is a must? Reimer or McCall?
The fact that some people on this board worry about UConn's recruit, even a little, completely boggles my mind.

UConn will probably land 1-2 studs in this class. And even if they don't, people shouldn't worry - the last couple classes without top 10 recruits (Faris, Hartley/Dolson) have turned out just fine.

Take a deep breath.

Reaction Score
I have a general question about recruiting: The recruiting calendar on ESPN's Hoopgurlz site lists March 30-April 05 as a dead period, April 06-08 as a quiet period, and April 9-12 as another dead period. What's the difference between a dead period and a quiet period?

Reaction Score
I have a general question about recruiting: The recruiting calendar on ESPN's Hoopgurlz site lists March 30-April 05 as a dead period, April 06-08 as a quiet period, and April 9-12 as another dead period. What's the difference between a dead period and a quiet period?
That's getting kinda personal, isn't it?:D

Reaction Score
chong wont be the first to commit .. she still has no offer.. unless shs walks on lol .. you canlt commit to a school with out a scholarship offer

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
chong wont be the first to commit .. she still has no offer.. unless shs walks on lol .. you canlt commit to a school with out a scholarship offer

What is your source for stating that she does not have an offer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom