2013 power forward Jordan Bell | The Boneyard

2013 power forward Jordan Bell

Status
Not open for further replies.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Amazing how the bar is lowered for athletes. The article says he is excelling both on and off the court. Apparently, a 2.7GPA is excelling.

Reaction Score
Good stuff. Hopefully the staff offers soon. Kids change their mind so fast these days. A defensive minded big man is just what UConn needs. Plus it shouldn't affect the recruitment of players who want to go to UConn and be in the spotlight in terms of scoring. Bell and Agua would be a nice combination for big men. Add in a high ranked wing like Selden or Hamilton and a combo guard like Rathan-Mayes and the recuiting class will be in great shape. If there is another scholarship available because boatright or napier went pro, than get a point guard or another big depending upon the development of Nolan and Tolksdorf.

Reaction Score
I like his last comment “I’m just going to wait and see what happens,” Bell said. “I have no timetable.” which means, I have no problem waiting for it.

Reaction Score
Amazing how the bar is lowered for athletes. The article says he is excelling both on and off the court. Apparently, a 2.7GPA is excelling.

Yeah, that stuck out to me as well. Maybe it's because I'm a teacher but 2.7 should not be the goal. When I hear "excelling" in the classroom, I expect the number to be in the 3.5 and up range.

That being, said, I like to see that he is a talented kid who wants to play for UConn. I hope he can live out his dream because you can never have enough kids who want to be at your school.

Reaction Score
It looks like we're in good shape, recruitingwise for 2013 and beyond. Our opponents, and wanna' be rivals won't get their wish of us falling off the basketball map.

Reaction Score
It looks like we're in good shape, recruitingwise for 2013 and beyond. Our opponents, and wanna' be rivals won't get their wish of us falling off the basketball map.
It's one thing recruits showing interest, it's another thing them pulling the trigger. It is a good sign that there seems to be a lot of interest though.

Reaction Score
It's one thing recruits showing interest, it's another thing them pulling the trigger. It is a good sign that there seems to be a lot of interest though.

Here's the other thing, let me say this in advance, I'm sure he is a quality recruit, its one thing for a 3star recruit to say he would sign with is, but in my opion i don't think we're back until we sign our next major recruit.

caw

Reaction Score
Here's the other thing, let me say this in advance, I'm sure he is a quality recruit, its one thing for a 3star recruit to say he would sign with is, but in my opion i don't think we're back until we sign our next major recruit.

78 Nationally by Rivals.
27th PF by Scout.

I agree UConn has bigger targets, but there is no reason to scoff at this at all.

Reaction Score
78 Nationally by Rivals.
27th PF by Scout.

I agree UConn has bigger targets, but there is no reason to scoff at this at all.

Plus look at the schools that have already offered him.

Reaction Score
Much like many have discussed above, this is a great sign for future recruiting and shows the staff has UConn on the map. The bad press and the NCAA has only thrown a small wrench into the program and they will be back and with vengeance soon!! If this kid wants to really be a Husky that bad and has some talent to work with I hope he is introduced to the fold sometime in the future as we need kids like this!

Reaction Score
Much like many have discussed above, this is a great sign for future recruiting and shows the staff has UConn on the map. The bad press and the NCAA has only thrown a small wrench into the program and they will be back and with vengeance soon!! If this kid wants to really be a Husky that bad and has some talent to work with I hope he is introduced to the fold sometime in the future as we need kids like this!

If Penn St football can survive their horrible scandal, then we'll be fine.

U

UCONNfan1

Good stuff. Hopefully the staff offers soon. Kids change their mind so fast these days. A defensive minded big man is just what UConn needs. Plus it shouldn't affect the recruitment of players who want to go to UConn and be in the spotlight in terms of scoring. Bell and Agua would be a nice combination for big men. Add in a high ranked wing like Selden or Hamilton and a combo guard like Rathan-Mayes and the recuiting class will be in great shape. If there is another scholarship available because boatright or napier went pro, than get a point guard or another big depending upon the development of Nolan and Tolksdorf.
I agree with you in general, but do folks on here really believe Napier and Boatright are destined for the NBA? I don't know their actual heights, but aren't they in the 5'10" - 5'11" range? Would they even likely go in the first round? I could see them getting drafted somewhere on the board, but to jump early for no guaranteed money seems unlikely, but I'm just speculating.

To me, it's heartening to hear a good number of kids are interested to very interested, and I enjoy reading about the impact Kevin Ollie is having on the recuriting trail and players we have. I think we could do much worse than him when JC finally decides to hang them up...

Reaction Score

does it really matter? they are not in school for academics.

Reaction Score
I agree with you in general, but do folks on here really believe Napier and Boatright are destined for the NBA? I don't know their actual heights, but aren't they in the 5'10" - 5'11" range? Would they even likely go in the first round? I could see them getting drafted somewhere on the board, but to jump early for no guaranteed money seems unlikely, but I'm just speculating.

To me, it's heartening to hear a good number of kids are interested to very interested, and I enjoy reading about the impact Kevin Ollie is having on the recuriting trail and players we have. I think we could do much worse than him when JC finally decides to hang them up...

Boatright I can see projected as a late first round pick after this year or next year if he explodes numbers wise based upon his athletic ability, ball handling, and potential shooting ability. If he shoots over 40% from 3 pt and 80% from the free throw line and gets to the line consistently he seems like a guy that would jump. Napier may go if he is a top 2-3 point guard in the draft. Teams pick for need late in the first round. He could make a nice back up point guard for a team that is a serious playoff contender and already has a nice veteran nucleus of big men and scorers. The bottom line is that often times players jump who shouldn't because they get bad advice. UConn should always recruit with the thought that 1-2 players could jump if they have big seasons. Daniels is another guy who if he has a big season of something like 15 points, 7 rebounds and shoots it really well could catch teams attention. I personally like the slightly undersized players who have a lot of potential, but not quite enough to leave early for the NBA. It seems like Bell may fit that mold

Reaction Score
Yes, the bar is lowered for athletes, it always has been. Some of these guys put so much work into their sport, it's amazing. I wasn't an athlete in college, and I struggled balancing academics with an active social life. But I did well. There are some student athletes that do the derogatory term "dumb jock" proud. Some of these guys are all-world talents. They're gonna be recruited by the top schools. Anyway, the article states "he's expecting a 2.7 grade point average to finish up the school year." Do they mean just this year or cumulatively? Maybe he has a higher cumulative GPA. I graduated high school with a 2.7 cumulative GPA (probably because I didn't always work hard on my homework). I graduated college with a 3.1. I understand that a 2.7 is hardly excelling, and maybe they could have used better wording. He did say he wanted to go to a school with good academics and wanted to be a lawyer. Who knows? Maybe his cumulative GPA is higher. A 2.7 is enough to make most top-level basketball schools. I like hearing how these players are waiting for "us" to offer. Especially when they have a good list of schools.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom