2013 NCAA WBB Attendance | The Boneyard

2013 NCAA WBB Attendance

Status
Not open for further replies.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
A post in another thread lead me to look for attendance figures...lots of interesting stats here:
  • Only 4 AAC teams are averaging above 1000 fans per game and only 2 of those are above 1500
  • 7 of the 14 ACC teams are under 1500 per game
  • Kentucky, DePaul and ND play to 90%+ capacity crowds... UK is at a terrific 98% (for comparison UConn is at 50%). Poor Syracuse is at 0.92% because they play in a HUGE stadium and average <400/game
  • Based on arena size and attendance (=fan interest) I'd love to see UConn in the Big Ten. Football, of course would be the issue. :(
http://stats.ncaa.org/rankings?sport_code=WBB&division=1

This is probably old hat for some of you but I hadn't seen this compilation of data before. Good stuff other than attendance also. UConn is leading the nation in fewest [edit - oops] personal fouls... GO HUSKIES!! :p

Last edited:

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Just FYI - the attendance percentage for Uconn is off because they use the Hartford capacity as the standard but half the games are at Storrs with a capacity at 10,167 as opposed to the 16,294. I believe Hartford ranges in the 60% capacity and Gampel in the 80% capacity for games.
On edit: Uconn is leading the nation in FEWEST personal fouls!!! An important distinction and something to be proud of!

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Just FYI - the attendance percentage for Uconn is off because they use the Hartford capacity as the standard but half the games are at Storrs with a capacity at 10,167 as opposed to the 16,294. I believe Hartford ranges in the 60% capacity and Gampel in the 80% capacity for games.
On edit: Uconn is leading the nation in FEWEST personal fouls!!! An important distinction and something to be proud of!

Sounds like someone paid attention to the video explaining the new rules. However, I'd be willing to bet some will have a different interpretation.

Reaction Score
A post in another thread lead me to look for attendance figures...lots of interesting stats here:

• [ ]Only 4 AAC teams are averaging above 1000 fans per game and only 2 of those are above 1500
    [ ]7 of the 14 ACC teams are under 1500 per game
    [ ]Kentucky, DePaul and ND play to 90%+ capacity crowds... UK is at a terrific 98% (for comparison UConn is at 50%). Poor Syracuse is at 0.92% because they play in a HUGE stadium and average <400/game
    [ ]Based on arena size and attendance (=fan interest) I'd love to see UConn in the Big Ten. Football, of course would be the issue. :(
http://stats.ncaa.org/rankings?sport_code=WBB&division=1

This is probably old hat for some of you but I hadn't seen this compilation of data before. Good stuff other than attendance also. UConn is leading the nation in personal fouls... GO HUSKIES!! :confused: :p
Good data; however the Kentucky numbers are out of wac due to the one game they sold out against Duke, 23,000. There was a promotion from a Kentucky race horse owner to raffle a 10% share in a thoroughbred. Nice incentive.

huskybill

RIP, huskybill
Reaction Score
I thought many of our fouls were impersonal

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
I was one of the 294 that showed up on 12/19 for St. Mary's at USC Trojans.
I knew about 200 of the 294 there. The others were from St. Mary's :confused:

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
I thought many of our fouls were impersonal

If you knock someone down, and say "It's not you, it's me" they still count it as a foul, but it doesn't count as a personal foul.

Reaction Score
however the Kentucky numbers are out of wac due to the one game they sold out against Duke, 23,000.

And the WAC just isn't the same without them.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I see a lot of potential for the percentages to be inaccurate, but the raw numbers would still be of interest. No one is at 100%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom