2013 Football Schedule Released. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2013 Football Schedule Released.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Which, for those trying, is exactly my point. You can not measure "flying frucks" by irrational, illegible, anonymous posts on a message board. All those are doing at this point is driving away those who care from a place where we increased our dedication to the program by talking about it all year round.

I'm done with this conversation. Hopefully, you will go back to the very useful role you were serving just a few months ago in terms of raw data on recruiting. That was actually helping the program.

these rants are also nice drawn out emails and convos being had with ppl in storrs who matter more than just about everyone here. if u can't measure flying frucks then lets measure other things. how about we measure on a scale of 1-10 how much our school cares who the HC is. nick saban can be a 10 and i dont know u pick some one who is a 1. lets see how we do. how about lets measure flying frucks by if the state gives a dam. on a scale of 1-10 with a highway going from its big population to campus being a 10 and a dirt road a 1 where uconn stands? aren't giving flying frucks a good thing? most here dont know what rt 59 is and thats fine. just know that it puts schools like bama way ahead of uconn. hell look up the athens perimeter. big boys get it and the states they are named after get it. meanwhile our state can't build a highway to save its life and then the schools leadership takes away the states name and goes to a communter school nickname.

things are going great i see....

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Thursday, December 5
Louisville at Cincinnati * (7:30 pm, ESPN)

Saturday, December 7
UCF at SMU *
Memphis at Connecticut *
USF at Rutgers *

horay memphis!!!!!

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
games listed espn/2/abc:

ucf-3 not including the final weekend vs smu
cincy-3 including the final weekend(thur night vs lville)
uconn-1
uh-2
lville-4 including the final weekend(thur night vs cincy)
mem-1
ruty-3 not including the final weekend vs usf
smu-3 not nincluding the final weekend vs ucf
usf-3 not including the final weekend vs ruty
tem-1

take a look at this. yet u are all mad at me?!?!?!?!?!??! get real.

Reaction Score
Thursday, December 5
Louisville at Cincinnati * (7:30 pm, ESPN)

Saturday, December 7
UCF at SMU *
Memphis at Connecticut *
USF at Rutgers *

horay memphis!!!!!

For those with triple digit I.Q.s, the last week's schedule is based on the "experts'" belief that LV vs. Cincy has a high likelihood of being a championship game, while the RU and USF matchup features two schools that the experts believe may figure in the race. UConn, very rational, will not be projected to be a factor and thus we don't get a matchup that will drive ratings the last weekend.

Hard to believe that the world doesn't rotate around us.

Reaction Score
games listed espn/2/abc:

ucf-3 including the final weekend vs smu
uconn-1
uh-2
mem-1
ruty-3 including the final weekend vs usf
smu-3 including the final weekend vs ucf
usf-3 including the final weekend vs ruty
tem-1

This is a direct result of people not believing we're likely to be good next year. Nothing more, nothing less. And since you don't believe we'll be good next year, what case is there that we should have more national tv commitments up front?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
This is a direct result of people not believing we're likely to be good next year. Nothing more, nothing less. And since you don't believe we'll be good next year, what case is there that we should have more national tv commitments up front?

so if a lot of ppl dont think were going to be good, shouldn't we give a "flying fruck" and makes changes so that we are good next year???? oh wait, no we shouldn't. we should all sit here and act like everything is just find in fairy land like u bl...

no the tv ppl are setting things up. at some point uconn needs to stick its hand out and ask espn wtf its doing down the street. ucf and smu just got here and they are 3 notches above uconn already? temple is off that weekend they didn't schuffle it around for uconn vs temple? when was the last time uconn didn't go into the last game of the year with a chance at atleast a .500 season? its a pretty decent bank job that u can say uconn will be somewhat competitive or a good team.

sure seems like uconn has more feet out the dorr then lville and ruty combined the way were getting on. commish doesn't mention us and now we are shafted tv games wise.

Reaction Score
games listed espn/2/abc:

ucf-3 including the final weekend vs smu
uconn-1
uh-2
mem-1
ruty-3 including the final weekend vs usf
smu-3 including the final weekend vs ucf
usf-3 including the final weekend vs ruty
tem-1

Where do you see TV listed for the last weekend other than the Ville/Cincy Thursday night game? Your numbers are off based on released schedule.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Where do you see TV listed for the last weekend other than the Ville/Cincy Thursday night game?

i think i ment to say "not" for the other 4....point is still the same when u look at the schedule tho...

edit-i fixed it. good catch media. just helps me prove the point. the tv ppl "set" these up acording the bl with what they think is best and yet they still dont make tv? so then how is our power as uconn not enough to atleast get us temple ove rmemphis...let alone a actual good game. uconn vs cincy last year was on abc right? how come we coudn't get ruty then?

Reaction Score
so if a lot of ppl dont think were going to be good, shouldn't we give a "flying fruck" and makes changes so that we are good next year???? oh wait, no we shouldn't. we should all sit here and act like everything is just find in fairy land like u bl...

no the tv ppl are setting things up. at some point uconn needs to stick its hand out and ask espn wtf its doing down the street. ucf and smu just got here and they are 3 notches above uconn already? temple is off that weekend they didn't schuffle it around for uconn vs temple? when was the last time uconn didn't go into the last game of the year with a chance at atleast a .500 season? its a pretty decent bank job that u can say uconn will be somewhat competitive or a good team.

sure seems like uconn has more feet out the dorr then lville and ruty combined the way were getting on. commish doesn't mention us and now we are shafted tv games wise.

The vast majority of posters here wanted changes in our coaching staff after last season. Many, myself included, would have been happy to see P gone. Almost unanimously people wanted to see GDL no longer be the OC. You are not arguing with anyone, you are just yelling.

Most everyone but you had this discussion and then moved on once the decision was made. You are unable to differentiate between moving on and complaining about things you can't control after the definitive decision for the year has been made. You need help.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
The vast majority of posters here wanted changes in our coaching staff after last season. Many, myself included, would have been happy to see P gone. Almost unanimously people wanted to see GDL no longer be the OC. You are not arguing with anyone, you are just yelling.

Most everyone but you had this discussion and then moved on once the decision was made. You are unable to differentiate between moving on and complaining about things you can't control after the definitive decision for the year has been made. You need help.

more like uconn needs help. whats worse, i can't let go of a bad decision or uconn pays some j/a 1mil to run this program more into the ground? where does that $ come from and can't we spend it better? i don't know but me typing on a message board is waywaywayway worse then taking a million bucks and flushing it down the toilet to hell.

Reaction Score
i think i ment to say "not" for the other 4....point is still the same when u look at the schedule tho...

edit-i fixed it. good catch media. just helps me prove the point. the tv ppl "set" these up acording the bl with what they think is best and yet they still dont make tv? so then how is our power as uconn not enough to atleast get us temple ove rmemphis...let alone a actual good game. uconn vs cincy last year was on abc right? how come we coudn't get ruty then?

McMurphyESPN 12:29pm via Tweetbot for iOS
2013 Big East games in @espn: UL 4; Cincy, RU, UCF, USF 3 each; UH, SMU 2 each; UConn, UM, TU 1 each

As we all well know... win and the games will suddenly be on mainstream TV. Notice that no ESPNU is listed either.

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score

Well, A for effort anyways. I think you'll find this exercise futile and mind-numbing. I gave up trying to use reason with the rants awhile back

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I wanna know about the Michigan game. Surprised that wasnt an ESPN/2 game because it's Michigan. If it's on BTN can SNY still pick it up?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
http://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/030513aaa.html

2013 UConn Football Schedule
Day, Date Opponent Time Television
Thur., Aug. 29 TOWSON TBA TBA
Sat., Sept. 14 MARYLAND TBA TBA
Sat., Sept. 21 MICHIGAN TBA TBA
Sat., Sept. 28 at Buffalo TBA TBA
Sat., Oct. 12 USF* TBA TBA
Sat., Oct. 19 at Cincinnati* TBA TBA
Sat., Oct. 26 at Central Florida* TBA TBA
Fri., Nov. 8 LOUISVILLE* 8:00 pm ESPN or ESPN2
Sat., Nov. 16 at Southern Methodist* TBA TBA
Sat., Nov. 23 at Temple* TBA TBA
Sat., Nov. 30 RUTGERS* TBA TBA
Sat., Dec. 7 MEMPHIS* TBA TBA
I personally think this is a very nice schedule, at least in terms of the teams. If I had my way, we'd flip flop Memphis and and Central Florida or even Cincinnati, since I don't love the 5 road games bunched in the middle of the schedule with only 2 homes. I'd prefer a short home stand mid season. I like that we play the Rutties on rivalry weekend, something I have been calling for since we started. Be nice if we could keep that game as a regular feature and always play it then...I do think we need to develop a regional rival and that one seems to be one that has developed organically rather than in some Providence office building. I put the over/under at 4/9 on this schedule. My way to early prognostication- Wins: Towson, Buffalo, USF, Temple, Memphis. Losses: Michigan, Cincy, Louisville, Cincinnati. Toss ups: Central Florida, SMU, Rutgers. I reserve the right to change this as the season gets closer, though.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I wanna know about the Michigan game. Surprised that wasnt an ESPN/2 game because it's Michigan. If it's on BTN can SNY still pick it up?

its our home game.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Remember when this thread celebrated our best home slate of games ever? Yeah me either...

we can celebrate them on sny!!!! horay!!! other schools have great schedules and they spend the whole year as sports center lead ins. we however will be the 2nd topic on beer money!!! horay!!!

Reaction Score

ESPN hasn't begun choosing its games of the week yet. At this point, its mostly only weeknight games, and a few Saturday end of season games, that it has committed to.

Reaction Score
League really knows how to leverage warm weather cities. Dallas and Orlando... October. November and December... East Hartford.

Seems like a UConn (be very afraid of the Cold Memphis) advantage.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the offer. I'm probably going to be the guy arriving 15 mins before kick off and nothing more. Two things I will try very hard to avoid is missing the kick off (its a bummer to see the empty stadium on tv at kick off) and not sporting the right colors.

OK ... EVERYONE.

College Football is an ALL DAY commitment. If you really want to have the maximum amount of fun, it is the 2 hours before the game; the comraderie of friends you pick up; watching kids develop and become far better; the bands (so watch a halftime some); the tense mistake-filled tense 4th Q and OTs; and then relaxing with a cold one (or going to dinner) after the game.

I believe, even though Rentschler has been up since 2003, there is still a large part of our fanbase that needs to just enjoy all the parts. O yeah ... and come to your seat for Kickoff ... please!

Reaction Score
we can celebrate them on sny!!!! horay!!! other schools have great schedules and they spend the whole year as sports center lead ins. we however will be the 2nd topic on beer money!!! horay!!!
I am typing slowly so you can understand this. Uconn was 5-7 last year. They will not be the lead in until they are 5-1 or 6-0. If they are that, they become a lead in story about the rebirth of a conference. A new coach would not change that no matter how much you believe it. The schedule this coming year is actually perfect for that story line if the team wins. A new highway/road to Storrs will not change that. You talking to all the important people in Storrs will not change that. A new prez and new AD, well I hope you understand. The are two things that gets you to be the lead in: winning or a scandal/tragedy. I would hope you are for winning but I would surmise that you are not.

You used to be amusing. Now you are just diarrhea for the eyes on this board.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I am typing slowly so you can understand this. Uconn was 5-7 last year. They will not be the lead in until they are 5-1 or 6-0. If they are that, they become a lead in story about the rebirth of a conference. A new coach would not change that no matter how much you believe it. The schedule this coming year is actually perfect for that story line if the team wins. A new highway/road to Storrs will not change that. You talking to all the important people in Storrs will not change that. A new prez and new AD, well I hope you understand. The are two things that gets you to be the lead in: winning or a scandal/tragedy. I would hope you are for winning but I would surmise that you are not.

You used to be amusing. Now you are just diarrhea for the eyes on this board.

now i root for tragedy and scandal to some here. good to know how screwed up all of u are seeing things. state thorws 200mil down the toilet and fball dies a slow death. not a big deal. make things up about hfd. big story.
gdl should not be on this staff period. that change can still be made today and we could be better off for it. so i wont let it go becuase its still possible. here is where u come in ... if i can just find one guy who wants to fake child rape as a kid with gdl as a camp coach maybe our fball team would have a better shot next fall. is that what u want me to come out and say or dream up????

get a grip. there are 100 good things we should be doing. instead were skipping them and doing small silly things and leaving the problems as problems.

Reaction Score
Guys relax we just got the contract done like a few weeks ago. I am sure more games will be added.

Reaction Score
OK ... EVERYONE.

College Football is an ALL DAY commitment. If you really want to have the maximum amount of fun, it is the 2 hours before the game; the comraderie of friends you pick up; watching kids develop and become far better; the bands (so watch a halftime some); the tense mistake-filled tense 4th Q and OTs; and then relaxing with a cold one (or going to dinner) after the game.

I believe, even though Rentschler has been up since 2003, there is still a large part of our fanbase that needs to just enjoy all the parts. O yeah ... and come to your seat for Kickoff ... please!

It could be an even longer day. But security was starting to kick people out within a half hour after the games at the end of last season. And don't even think about (re) firing up the grill. That is a sure way to have a golf cart come by and tell you to pack up and go.
IMO they should give fans at least an hour after the game brfore telling you to pack up and go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom