2013 #19 Halle Washington commits | The Boneyard

2013 #19 Halle Washington commits

Status
Not open for further replies.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
To Georgia. Over Baylor.

Also one of Tennessee's 15 2013 targets.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
LV's also lost out on a post they need badly: Alexandra Harris, who named her final three, not including the LV's.

Other than Russell, I wonder if they are still involved with any posts.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
LV's also lost out on a post they need badly: Alexandra Harris, who named her final three, not including the LV's.

Other than Russell, I wonder if they are still involved with any posts.

I believe Kendall Cooper is on their wish list.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
I believe Kendall Cooper is on their wish list.
Thanks. Do you happen to know who else is still on their wish list, regardless of position? I have completely lost track.

Reaction Score
I think they are involved with most of the top 10 2013 recruits, though I do not know to what degree........... the Johnny Appleseed approach to recruiting wouldn't appeal to me if I was one of them..... "we are recruiting you and a dozen other players ..... whoever we can get"

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Interesting. I had heard she was down to Baylor and Georgia.

She is a Louisiana girl, wonder if Nikki Caldwell and the Tigers were on her list?

Great get for Landers.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Landers has had some great players over his carrer.

U

UCONNfan1

Realistically, I echo some of the other questions. I heard rumblings from somewhere that Tennessee was still trying to rekindle Kaela Davis, but that might have been one of their odd ideas to try to fool UCONN fans by posting junk out there on the net.

I think Russell is down to L'ville and Tennessee? She's the must get for them. Tucker is nice and seems like she will be quite good, but they haven't gotten a true blue chip (ie. top 3 or 4) game changer in years - meaning they haven't landed a Moore, Parker, Catchings, Charles, Taurasi, etc. type of player since... well... Parker.

Greenwell is down to ND or Duke
Harper - not sure who her list is narrowoed to but apparently has offers from everyone (UConn, DePaul, Kentucky, Louisville, Miami, Notre Dame, Ohio State, South Carolina, and UCLA)
Cooper - anyone know who her list includes?
Scaife - she's being pursued by most of the SEC it seems. No idea on her.
McCall - hopefully between UCONN and Stanford...

Just my opinion, but even if Tennessee lands Russell, the talent gap between them and UCONN is still very large. They would need a couple of top 10 kids from 2014 including Mitchell or Turner. Time will tell but for anti-Tennessee fans it's fun to see them swing and a-miss...

Reaction Score
Tennessee fans are delusional. I have said it before and I will say it again, Tennessee will be looking for a new coach within 4 years. Warlick is terrible. It's too bad that Tennessee went to a pay board because if Russell chooses Louisville over them it will be melt down city over there.

Reaction Score
I don't have a problem with Warlick and she seems like a good person. I love what she's done to raise $ for cancer.

U

UCONNfan1

I can't speak to how good or bad a coach Warlick is. But she was raised in the Pat Summitt mold of "defense, defense, defense, and hit the offensive boards". And that type of coaching seems to be the mantra for the foreseeable future. Tennessee fans seem to think they hit the motherlode with the 2 "recruiting assistants" they landed.

It remains to be seen if Law (a failure at Illinois who essentially replaces Warlick) and Elzy (who replaces DeMoss) can recruit top talent to Knoxville. I don't get all the mass hysteria they exhibited when Law was hired - she's basically about 70-100 from her days at Illinois, took a team that was 20-15 her first year with other coaches' recurits, and turned it into a 9-23 and 11-19 team her last 2 years with ALL her own players. I'm sure she's a nice lady, but she never seemed to exhibit any recruiting chops, and her X's and O's of coaching obviuosly leaves a lot to be desired (IIRC didn't she land a top 10 kid who subsequently transferred? Destiny Williams? went to Baylor?)...

And Elzy is pretty much the exact same age as Ralph. Not that Shea is chopped liver, but neither of them have the recruiting acumen of Demoss, or assts like Sam Williams or Tricia Stafford-Odom.

Williams is now at L'ville, and I think Jeff is a terrific coach. It remains to be seen if they can lure Russell away from Tennessee.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
".... Lure Russell away from Tennessee..."

Huh? Since when do the LV's lead for Russell? I would think both UNC and Louisville have a better shot, but that's based on nothing but some guesswork.

Reaction Score
Yes, Warlick does seem like a great person..... I was totally unimpressed last year, however, with her coaching..... Pat stayed out of it and let Holly have the keys..... and she did nothing with them. She had that senior class and should have had much better success than a 9 loss season.

You listen to the horde at Tenn, and they say .....well, everything was so confusing last year and everyone was caught up in the Pat saga..... for my money..... they tried their hardest to lower the bar for themselves as low as possible..... let's see how Holly does this year without their seniors of last year.

When GA retires, hopefully not soon, we will go through transition as well, I hope that it will be a fraction of the extreme disorganization witnessed at Tenn last year.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
".... Lure Russell away from Tennessee..."

Huh? Since when do the LV's lead for Russell? I would think both UNC and Louisville have a better shot, but that's based on nothing but some guesswork.
What makes you think UNC is in the picture? She never ended up visiting even tho there was big hoopla that she would in early July shortly after the big verbals which included Diamond. And any time a player chooses a school other than tennessee, it was most likely because they were lured away. At least that's what the orange fans will tell you...

Reaction Score
Dont discount Mercedes visiting UNC for late night!
What makes you think UNC is in the picture? She never ended up visiting even tho there was big hoopla that she would in early July shortly after the big verbals which included Diamond. And any time a player chooses a school other than tennessee, it was most likely because they were lured away. At least that's what the orange fans will tell you...

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
She spent much of the summer staying with her best friend, stephanie mavunga, a top 20 signee for UNC. I wouldn't overemphasize the lack of a summer visit to UNC.

jennyo70

Loo'ville Lady
Reaction Score
Actually, Russell was "supposed " to spend a month this summer wih Mavunga( UNC commit) and only ended up spending a week with her...according to twitter. It has also recently been all over mavungas twitter that Russell is down to Louisville and TN and "so UNC is not for her, I am fine wih that".

All of that being said, anything can happen b/t now and high school season which is when Russelll has stated she will decide. I have been watching this recruit for over a year and a half. If ahe commits to Louisville will be the highest ranked recruit to ever do so ( even if she drops to 2 or 3 when they rerankthe class).

Knowing she is a teenager, living with one myself, I know anything can happen between now and then. That being the case it "seems" like it is between Louisville and TN, and I like our chances. Though I am not so confident to call it a done deal as a certain few Louisville fan posters here and on our own board have done.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Actually, Russell was "supposed " to spend a month this summer wih Mavunga( UNC commit) and only ended up spending a week with her...according to twitter. It has also recently been all over mavungas twitter that Russell is down to Louisville and TN and "so UNC is not for her, I am fine wih that".

All of that being said, anything can happen b/t now and high school season which is when Russelll has stated she will decide. I have been watching this recruit for over a year and a half. If ahe commits to Louisville will be the highest ranked recruit to ever do so ( even if she drops to 2 or 3 when they rerankthe class).

Knowing she is a teenager, living with one myself, I know anything can happen between now and then. That being the case it "seems" like it is between Louisville and TN, and I like our chances. Though I am not so confident to call it a done deal as a certain few Louisville fan posters here and on our own board have done.
Thanks Jenny for correcting. I'd heard it from other sources but didn't want to say. However, it will be devastating if Tennessee does not land her. It would then be going on 10 years without landing a truly elite recruit...

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score

Thanks for the update. I am not as in tune with all the recruiting stuff. The last I had heard was that she was springing the summer with her. Rooting for Louisville on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom