2013-14 AAC WBB Preseason Poll | The Boneyard

2013-14 AAC WBB Preseason Poll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Congrats to Dolson on her unanimous selection to first team.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Am I understanding the voting correctly? For KML not to be unanimous, it means someone can name ten players they think will be better than KML? Seriously?

I don't know that I can name ten players in the country better than KML, much less ten in the AAC.

Husky4Life

ibleedblue
Reaction Score
Jim Fuller@NHRJimFuller
1h
#UConn picked to win @American_WBB, Breanna Stewart named preseason Player of Year http://Post original url/1elu9A2
ALL-CONFERENCE TEAM
Briahanna Jackson, Central Florida So. G
Dayeesha Hollins, Cincinnati Sr. G
Stefanie Dolson, UConn Sr. C
Sara Hammond, Louisville Jr. F
Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis, UConn Jr. F
Keena Mays, SMU Sr. G
Shoni Schimmel, Louisville Sr. G
Antoinita Slaughter, Louisville Sr. G
Breanna Stewart, UConn So. F
Inga Orekhova, South Florida Sr. G

http://elmcitytoeaglevillenhr.blogspot.com/2013/10/uconn-picked-to-win-aac-stewart.html

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Bria must be ticked.....

I would think so. Good thing for Team USA that Coach Coale didn't rank Schimmel ahead of Bria.

I'll take a highly motivated Bria.

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
I wonder how well those non-UConn All Conference players did against UConn last year?? UConn played Louisville twice and USF and Cincinnati once each. The five players from those teams went 0-4 in games, lost by 117 points combined, missed 65 of their 97 shots and committed 29 turnovers.....:( Maybe they were really good against other teams....:cool:

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Maybe, but she can easily show them wrong by her play during the season.
Not can, will. I have little doubt of that. How many of those other guards are, also, on the preseason Wade watch list? How many have already been an AA?

Reaction Score
Perhaps. But the reality is that it's hard to get 4 players from the same school as first team.
Also, 5 of the 10 coaches who voted haven't played UConn.
I'm sure once they do they'll wonder why they didn't.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
It makes me sad to see senior after Stefanie's name.

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
I wonder how well those non-UConn All Conference players did against UConn last year?? UConn played Louisville twice and USF and Cincinnati once each. The five players from those teams went 0-4 in games, lost by 117 points combined, missed 65 of their 97 shots and committed 29 turnovers.....:( Maybe they were really good against other teams....:cool:

Don't take what I'm about to post personally, DiN. The logic I see here is continually being used, this just happens to be the latest iteration and you seem to be an easygoing guy that I can pick on :) .

Performance against UConn has been used to undermine Diggins, Thomas and now high caliber players in general. At some point it should occur to folks that performance against the best defensive team in the nation is not a reliable measuring stick for comparing other players. If WE could in theory play against ourselves we would not perform as well offensively.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Carl Adamec reporting that Stewart beat out KML for preseason POY by 1 vote.

Also, KML not being unanimous caught Geno's attention:

“She’s led our team in scoring the last two years,” UConn coach Geno Auriemma said. “So maybe this league is a lot better than people are giving it credit for. I’m anxious to see all these great players when they come up to Gampel Pavilion and when we go down to play against them. I’m sure Kaleena is anxious to see them, too.”

But KML takes it in stride:

“If they didn’t vote for me, they didn’t vote for me,” Mosqueda-Lewis said. “They didn’t think I was good enough. I’m just going to go out there and continue to play. It doesn’t affect me or my team and how we’re going to perform.”

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Don't take what I'm about to post personally, DiN. The logic I see here is continually being used, this just happens to be the latest iteration and you seem to be an easygoing guy that I can pick on :) .

Performance against UConn has been used to undermine Diggins, Thomas and now high caliber players in general. At some point it should occur to folks that performance against the best defensive team in the nation is not a reliable measuring stick for comparing other players. If WE could in theory play against ourselves we would not perform as well offensively.
I always thought performance against the best was the most important indicator of the quality of an opponent.

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score

digger...no offense taken. However, to be "All Conference" you should be good, if not great, in "big" games. For example, Inga Orekova, from USF, played Rutgers, Notre Dame, Texas Tech and California in her last four games, NCAA tourny included. She shot 18-52 or 34%. She is a volume shooter (240 3's) and had much better games against lesser opponents, not in "big" games. She had 73 turnovers vs 85 assists for the season, hardly spectacular...(My daughter goes to USF so I follow them)... FYI, Bria Hartley shot 37% in her last 4 games, Stewie shot 57% in her last 4 games, all in the NCAA tourny. Go Huskies..!!

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
I always thought performance against the best was the most important indicator of the quality of an opponent.
One's performance should always take into account the strength of one's adversary, which is the point diggerfoot is making. If UConn's offense had to face UConn's defense, neither would produce great stats.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Good reason for coming to UConn, you'll never get shut down by UConn (except in practice, where nobody's watching)
Nobody but COACH and he is the only one that ever counts - games, practice, dinner, whatever! :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom