#20 USF down to Memphis, 46-38 end of 3 | The Boneyard

#20 USF down to Memphis, 46-38 end of 3

Reaction Score
SOUTH FLORIDA goes down 62 - 57 to Memphis!!! Top 25 still?

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Probably Shouldn't be but depends on everyone else.

USF may luck out (again) because several of the teams behind them in the rankings also lost:
  • #21 Green Bay lost twice (to Oakland and Detroit).
  • #22 West Virginia lost to Iowa State.
  • #23 Arizona State lost to #11 Oregon State (not a bad loss; I'd say USF is likely to drop below ASU).
  • #25 Kentucky lost to Missouri and #4 South Carolina.
Also, several of the "also receiving votes" teams who might have benefited from USF's misstep, shot themselves in the foot:
  • #28 Tennessee, after its huge win at SC, lost today to Georgia.
  • #29 Virginia Tech lost today at Georgia Tech (in addition to its loss to Notre Dame).
  • #30 Havard lost to both Penn and Princeton this weekend.
  • #32 Northwestern lost today to Penn State.
  • #37 Northern Colorado lost yesterday to North Dakota.
Cal will likely attract some votes again on the strength of its win over UCLA, but it seems a bit of a stretch to find 6 teams likely to be moved ahead of USF. My best guess is that Syracuse, Michigan, ASU, and Kansas State will be ranked #20-23, and USF is likely to be #24 or #25. I think Cal and Drake have an outside shot at supplanting USF.

Reaction Score
I'll be going to the UConn vs USF game in Tampa. USF is overrated this year. Not a strong win this season. Scheduling lightly has hurt them in the past when it came to seeding during tournament time. A couple of years they missed out. They won't miss out this year, but they're not the 20th best team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rawdawg35

Top Bottom