Men - #20 UConn v. CCSU Blue Devils (Monday 4/10/23 @4:05p @ Dunkin' Park) UConn+ plus audio on Mixlr/ESPN97.9 FM & ESPN1300 AM | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Men #20 UConn v. CCSU Blue Devils (Monday 4/10/23 @4:05p @ Dunkin' Park) UConn+ plus audio on Mixlr/ESPN97.9 FM & ESPN1300 AM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Bottom 7th, UConn gets 2 runners in scoring position with no out (Garbowski now has 3 hits on the game). Padilla drives in 2 runs with a no out double, 9-2 UConn. Freeberger with a 1 out rbi ground out, 10-2 UConn.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Top 8th, Braden Quinn in to pitch for UConn. With the big lead, good to see someone like Quinn get some mound time.

Reaction Score
Bottom 7th, UConn gets 2 runners in scoring position with no out (Garbowski now has 3 hits on the game). Padilla drives in 2 runs with a no out double, 9-2 UConn.

Reaction Score
Top 8th, Quinn gives up 2 singles with no out, he comes out of the game. Jude Abbadessa is in to pitch.

Another no out single loads the bases. Sac fly for the first out brings in a run, 10-3 UConn. A 1 out RBI single makes it 10-4 UConn. Abbadessa coming out, Fogell takes the mound with 2 runners on base. A line out double play ends the inning. 10-4 UConn.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If you are not a trusted reliever it doesn’t matter the score. Get people out or begone. I applaud it.

Reaction Score
and I’d add that if you are talented and highly recruited you should be coming in and having a good time making your bones against most of these midweek teams. No excuses.

Reaction Score
Bottom 8th, Maddix Dalena and Drew Kron pinch hit for Broadhurst and Morton. Kron draws a 2 out walk, he will no doubt take over in the outfield in the bottom of the inning. Scoreless inning for the UConn offense. 10-4 UConn.

Top 9th, Kron moves to CF, Smith to LF, Tammaro in at 3B. Freeberger in to pitch for UConn.

Reaction Score
It is odd. If you trust the coaching staff (and I do completely), maybe Freeberger is not our best reliever?

Reaction Score
A couple of notes -
Morton caught stealing on a pickoff (CS if he tries to advance). It was his first CS in 15 attempts.
Daniels with a steal is now 10 for 10.
27 GIDP's for the offense this year. (The topic comes up almost every game)
Freeburger now 4 games, 4 IP, 0 hits, 0 walks, 5K's. As far as I can tell, he has not allowed a baserunner (unless by error).

Reaction Score
Trip Report
  • Sparse but ok crowd for a 4 pm start - was able to sit low between UConn dugout and home plate
  • Quigley settled down nicely after the shaky first inning. Late movement causes lots of swings and misses. Can be a very high-quality midweek starter and can play a big role once BE tourney and hopefully NCAAs roll around. I know Dunkin' gun is different than Elliott but he was hitting 93-94 in the 6th inning.
  • Morton looks confused on anything offspeed.
-Freeberger is a hitter. Love his approach at the plate and he barrels most everything even outs.
-Sounds odd but I'd like to see Huber expand his strike zone a bit. He's almost too disciplined at the plate. He's such a good hitter it would pay dividends for him.
  • Simmons still had the soft cast on the hand.
  • Good to see Garbo making nice contact and producing. Happy for him.
  • Bullpen continues to struggle and they can't get through a clean inning. Lucky in 8th with the double play ball to Huber. Even that ball was hit well. Can't get Kirby going he continues to get hit hard. He actually had to warm Willis up in the 8th inning. Unreal.
  • Freeberger hit 97 on the gun in warmups. Again I know it's Dunkin' gun but.....Dom can be a weapon later on this year if needed.
  • This is a nickel/dimer but Yard Goats' sound system and PR were annoying. Dom was up and they announced Smitty. Music was playing at the start of a couple at bats. Minor annoyance.
  • Overall workman-like win. On we go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak