#2 Ohio State Goes Down | The Boneyard

#2 Ohio State Goes Down

Reaction Score
FED4B699-3B4E-4D4B-80FF-F25B0A0501A2.jpeg

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
And lest not forget this was at home and Iowa was without their 3rd best player McKenna Warnock who sustained a rib injury AND tOSU GOES TO INDIANA on Thursday. And yes I know Jace Sheldon is still injured but is expected back. While tOSU has played an ok schedule they will now be exposed as only a top 10 team and not a top3 team. I expect at least 2 more losses for them when all is said and done.

Reaction Score
Ohio State staying undefeated so long without arguably their best player for the last month or two has been really impressive. McGuff is a good coach. That said, this isn't a surprising loss, they were due to drop one. They will be a F4 contender when Sheldon comes back.

Reaction Score
Ohio State staying undefeated so long without arguably their best player for the last month or two has been really impressive. McGuff is a good coach. That said, this isn't a surprising loss, they were due to drop one. They will be a F4 contender when Sheldon comes back.
True. They are without Madison Green as well. Looks like she is done for the season. Iowa almost let that one slip away.

Reaction Score
If we beat Tennessee, I can't see anyone in the AP thinking we don't rank in the top 4. The game against SC doesn't really matter for ranking or seeding. But the Tennessee game is important. And the Villanova game, too.

The real comedy is, whether they jump Iowa over us, they'll probably put LSU at #2

Reaction Score
Yes. But if it happens I won’t be shocked. Iowa is AP #9 now and just beat #2 on the road.
Iowa could climb past UCLA and/or Utah, but the bigger question is how many spots will the Buckeyes fall? I still see OSU as a potential #1 seed if Sheldon comes back strong.
If we beat Tennessee, I can't see anyone in the AP thinking we don't rank in the top 4. The game against SC doesn't really matter for ranking or seeding. But the Tennessee game is important. And the Villanova game, too.

The real comedy is, whether they jump Iowa over us, they'll probably put LSU at #2
The Hawkeyes will not climb past the Huskies... nor should they. I'd think #4 is about right for UConn with two defeats, right behind LSU, which trashed a pretty good Alabama team tonight, and just ahead of OSU.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score

Tennessee is unranked

Reaction Score
I personally don’t think this is true, but more importantly the schedules don’t really back it up either.

• Iowa - UConn, NC State, Iowa State
• Maryland - UConn, South Carolina, Baylor, Notre Dame
• Indiana - Tennessee, North Carolina
• Ohio State - Tennessee, Louisville, South Florida, Oregon, Boston College

I think Iowa, Indiana, and tOSU are all fully capable of a Final Four run.

Reaction Score
OSU deserved to lose. At some point along the journey of 4 of 25 shooting from 3...plan B and probably c should kick in.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
And lest not forget this was at home and Iowa was without their 3rd best player McKenna Warnock who sustained a rib injury AND tOSU GOES TO INDIANA on Thursday. And yes I know Jace Sheldon is still injured but is expected back. While tOSU has played an ok schedule they will now be exposed as only a top 10 team and not a top3 team. I expect at least 2 more losses for them when all is said and done.

McKenna Warnock = Jacy Sheldon. Nada Surf, as my kids would say. I think Warnock is a fine player, but Jacy Sheldon raises OSU up a notch. I came here saying this game exposed -- if anything -- that the Buckeyes need two sharp-shooters and they didn't have one of them. Now, they question remains: is Sheldon really coming back? And when (yes, this sounds like a few players we know in WCBB)?

And that IU game? Whew. IU did get a guard back...and a really good one. Michigan usually holds teams to 60 pts. per game and IU racked up 90+. With no problem! When Sara Scalia starts bombing away, they're really difficult because if the game is close, Grace Berger -- said returned guardv -- will calmly step up. And finish it.

On the positive side, Thierry is the classic example of showing how a kid can progress year by year, with proper coaching and patience (on both sides' part). And McMahon has spin moves that Fred & Ginger would appreciate!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
McKenna Warnock = Jacy Sheldon. Nada Surf, as my kids would say. I think Warnock is a fine player, but Jacy Sheldon raises OSU up a notch. I came here saying this game exposed -- if anything -- that the Buckeyes need two sharp-shooters and they didn't have one of them. Now, they question remains: is Sheldon really coming back? And when (yes, this sounds like a few players we know in WCBB)?

And that IU game? Whew. IU did get a guard back...and a really good one. Michigan usually holds teams to 60 pts. per game and IU racked up 90+. With no problem! When Sara Scalia starts bombing away, they're really difficult because if the game is close, Grace Berger -- said returned guardv -- will calmly step up. And finish it.

On the positive side, Thierry is the classic example of showing how a kid can progress year by year, with proper coaching and patience (on both sides' part). And McMahon has spin moves that Fred & Ginger would appreciate!
Mikesell and Harris shot OSU out of the game. EIGHTEEN 3 pt attempts...THREE makes. And...TWO free-throw attempts between the two of them. Just shows their lack of aggression to the rim. Mikulasikova should have gotten more than 4 shot attempts.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom