#2 Maryland vs #3 Notre Dame | The Boneyard

#2 Maryland vs #3 Notre Dame

Reaction Score
I’m a ND fan, and I believe we’ll get beat by 10-15+. Good job by Ivey by managing this group without Miles/Mabrey. We should be back next year and next year after that on a run to the Final Four/NC.

Reaction Score
I’m a ND fan, and I believe we’ll get beat by 10-15+. Good job by Ivey by managing this group without Miles/Mabrey. We should be back next year and next year after that on a run to the Final Four/NC.
I have the same expectation for today’s game as an ND fan as well. The next two years should be Final Four or bust though. We’ll have more talent, especially in the backcourt, than any team in the country other than UConn

Reaction Score
I have the same expectation for today’s game as an ND fan as well. The next two years should be Final Four or bust though. We’ll have more talent, especially in the backcourt, than any team in the country other than UConn
Yes. I agree. Risch should come in next year READY TO SHOOT. Hidalgo is Miles’s backup. She should be so good. Her passing is so good, and she has a scoring mentality. I wonder who Niele will get in the portal. Maybe a big to replace Ebo, and maybe a 3 point shooter to replace Mabrey?

Reaction Score
Hard to win when you commit 25 turnovers. Notre Dame is easily in the top 10 next season along with Duke and UNC from the ACC. Not sure what to make out of Louisville and NC State right now.

Reaction Score
Too much for ND to overcome today vs Maryland. No Miles and 25 turnovers mean zero chance for a win.

Reaction Score
Hard to win when you commit 25 turnovers. Notre Dame is easily in the top 10 next season along with Duke and UNC from the ACC. Not sure what to make out of Louisville and NC State right now.
I think Duke may take a step back next year if Celeste Taylor declares for this year’s draft

Reaction Score
Don’t know that we can pencil UNC in to the top 10 with their transfer situation and more possibly on the way.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
If ND had any chance, it was going to be to leverage their size to counter Maryland's speed.

Ebo, Westbeld, and Watson all being in foul trouble removed any chance of that.

Reaction Score
I had MD in the Final 4 early in the season. They were under the radar for most of this season. Of course, I didn't know they would be in the SC bracket.

Reaction Score
I had MD in the Final 4 early in the season. They were under the radar for most of this season. Of course, I didn't know they would be in the SC bracket.
The bracket this year seems very imbalanced. The South Carolina and VA Tech regionals are extremely tough while the Indiana/Utah/LSU bracket is a joke compared to those two

Reaction Score
Don’t know that we can pencil UNC in to the top 10 with their transfer situation and more possibly on the way.
Agreed, next year is make or break for Banghart and UNC. She’s brought in a ton of talent and the on-court product hasn’t necessarily matched that yet imo

Reaction Score
Both Duke and UNC have a top 4 player coming in next season that should help both of them.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
The bracket this year seems very imbalanced. The South Carolina and VA Tech regionals are extremely tough while the Indiana/Utah/LSU bracket is a joke compared to those two
I think there was really only one clear cut #1 seed and the rest of the #1 and #2 and some of the #3 seeds could pretty well be put in a hat and drawn randomly without being wildly wrong.

And Miami, Ole Miss, Colorado, Miss St, etc weren't badly seeded but have outperformed in the tourney. It gets down to would you rather play a hot team or a good team? At some point one assumes the hot team cools, but you cannot guarantee a good team plays well, either.

Reaction Score
I think there was really only one clear cut #1 seed and the rest of the #1 and #2 and some of the #3 seeds could pretty well be put in a hat and drawn randomly without being wildly wrong.

And Miami, Ole Miss, Colorado, Miss St, etc weren't badly seeded but have outperformed in the tourney. It gets down to would you rather play a hot team or a good team? At some point one assumes the hot team cools, but you cannot guarantee a good team plays well, either.
South Carolina has been the most impressive #1 seed throughout this season. I’m sure all the #2 #3 #4 seeds etc prayed they would end up grouped with Stanford, Indiana, VPI, or any other potential #1 seed besides SC.

Reaction Score
I’ve been very impressed with Frese’s coaching this season. At the end of last year’s season, MD lost two starters to graduation and two all American starters :eek:to the portal. I thought going into this season they would be lucky to make the tournament, but Frese and her team rallied. The Terps team chemistry this year looks miles better than last year. Abby Meyers has been a godsend for them; her presence lessened the burden on Miller’s shoulders.

Reaction Score
I’ve been very impressed with Frese’s coaching this season. At the end of last year’s season, MD lost two starters to graduation and two all American starters :eek:to the portal. I thought going into this season they would be lucky to make the tournament, but Frese and her team rallied. The Terps team chemistry this year looks miles better than last year. Abby Meyers has been a godsend for them; her presence lessened the burden on Miller’s shoulders.
I had them as a round of 32 participant. The Terp have exceeded my expectations.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom