2 Big Obstacles out of the way - Baylor & Texas | The Boneyard

2 Big Obstacles out of the way - Baylor & Texas

Reaction Score
Not sure what teams are "real" threats to UCONN, but UCLA & OSU are both BIG (long). OSU's starting 5 are:

6'5"
6'3"
6'2"
6'
5'10" (but top rebounding guard in the PAC-12)
Holy cow. They are big.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Not sure what teams are "real" threats to UCONN, but UCLA & OSU are both BIG (long). OSU's starting 5 are:

6'5"
6'3"
6'2"
6'
Yep they're big. But we've beaten these teams and will so again.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Yep they're big. But we've beaten these teams and will so again.

I think UConn is a nightmare matchup for OSU, just like 2 years ago. They play solid post defense, get out to shooters on the perimeter, force turnovers and score lots of points in transition. Efficient and disciplined on offense. Very well coached so Rueck wouldn't have a big edge in the coaching department like he did against Tennessee. They couldn't meet until the Championship Game, I have a hard time seeing OSU getting that far. If they do and they meet UConn I don't think it would go well for OSU.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Never thought of TX as a threat. Baylor on the other hand. :D:D:D:D

I think Miss St is our biggest threat and will throttle UCLA. I think Oregon gets through over ND who blitzes TAMU and would give UConn all it could handle. I also think OSU gets in over Louisville (not convinced) and perhaps has a puncher's chance at Miss St which should be a fantastic game. I am really getting into the tournament. A lot of good teams, more than I can remember in a single tournament.

Still, we got to take care of business.;)

Reaction Score
And maybe the Big 12 or SW conference, or whatever they call themselves these days, is not as strong as they think they are. Which is interesting because Mulkey often cites the allegedly strong competition in conference as reason for Baylor’s weak OOC schedule.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Agree that getting rid of Baylor feels good, but frankly the Bears played a weak schedule and without Wallace, they were exposed by the Beavers.

TX played their very best game of the year against UConn in Austin and lost. Since that time, the Longhorns have looked like a team in turmoil, particularly against good teams. I never considered them a threat.

OSU is extremely well coached, they have a really good post player and they shoot the ball well, but they don’t have the athleticism to beat UConn. I do believe OSU will give Louisville a battle but end up losing.

UCLA is playing their best basketball of the year right now, but they have a matchup with the 2nd best team in the country ahead of them. Don’t see them beating MS St.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score

6'5"
6'3"
6'2"
6'
And their win against Baylor was basically due to 3 players, Gulich who played great, Cox who fouled out (rightfully so) and Brown who disappeared offensively in the second half. UConn usually has no problem defensing a single player, no matter how tall she is. But I am glad that OSU beat Baylor, but the MOV should have been a bit larger....

Reaction Score
It seems every tournament some difficult matchups for Uconn lose. Yet other challengers remain: most notably Louisville, N. Dame and Miss. State. Assuming Uconn plays reasonably well and takes, as always, one game at a time, the team should make the championship game. Probably Uconn will meet its chief challenger, Miss. State, in the championship game.

Reaction Score
I also just realized that I'll be in Vancouver on vacation during the FF and the NC game.
I'll have to set my DVR...

Reaction Score
Never thought of TX as a threat. Baylor on the other hand. :D:D:D:D

I think Miss St is our biggest threat and will throttle UCLA. I think Oregon gets through over ND who blitzes TAMU and would give UConn all it could handle. I also think OSU gets in over Louisville (not convinced) and perhaps has a puncher's chance at Miss St which should be a fantastic game. I am really getting into the tournament. A lot of good teams, more than I can remember in a single tournament.

Still, we got to take care of business.;)

Doesn’t Oregon state play Louisville

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I had a list of about 6 teams that I thought could challenge UConn. Because of their size, Texas and Baylor were 2 of them. Plus, Texas played us very tough. I think the matchups just got a little easier for us. Not easy, but easier. Let’s focus on Duke for now.

Reaction Score
I had a list of about 6 teams that I thought could challenge UConn. Because of their size, Texas and Baylor were 2 of them. Plus, Texas played us very tough. I think the matchups just got a little easier for us. Not easy, but easier. Let’s focus on Duke for now.
So you drank the " size " coolaid, huh ?

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score

6'5"
6'3"
6'2"
6'
I believe O state is our toughest competition. They are not only big but mobile, I have more concern about O state than either Baylor or Texas. O state has athletic bigs where Baylor Miss St and Texas has size and bulk. This team can run with us and can match up with our big guards. . The question is can the run long enough to stay in the game.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
It seems every tournament some difficult matchups for Uconn lose. Yet other challengers remain: most notably Louisville, N. Dame and Miss. State. Assuming Uconn plays reasonably well and takes, as always, one game at a time, the team should make the championship game. Probably Uconn will meet its chief challenger, Miss. State, in the championship game.

The Mississippi St offense looks an awful lot like one Geno could have created

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Duke is a threat to UConn because that’s who we have to beat in order to beat the next threat to UConn. But of course Duke and hopefully whoever else has to deal with us. But overall the level of coaching seems deeper than it’s been. I don’t know about Mulkey. She’s wound tight and that probably affects her players. I can’t imagine Geno winning just one championship with Griner and Sims together for 3 years.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom