$2 Beer night… what a joke | Page 2 | The Boneyard

$2 Beer night… what a joke

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
But how was the parking?

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Yesterday was Wednesday. Wasn't that nickel night at Thumpers? That's the promotion I want.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
UConn hockey had $2 beer night Fridays in XL when they still played there
XL owns the concessions so that’s their decision to draw more fans to the game. UConn could likely ask to have one at XL for basketball, but for what cost? We already sell the place out XL would be eating profit.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Low key, I also suspect that the jalapeno mac and cheese guy is lurking on this thread and debating whether to put in the effort to set up a Boneyard account just as an avenue to get whatever he's thinking about $2 beer night off his chest.
Last I heard (albeit more than a few years ago), that guy was unfortunately not doing very well. It's been nearly a decade (can't find much after 2016, and don't feel like looking any deeper), so I hope, "he got his puppies [back] in order (so to speak)."

Last edited:

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Kids these days couldn’t handle it. Soft.
Why don’t we just do a grain alcohol punch game. Talk about puking. The first half would be the loudest ever then when halftime comes and everybody really starts to feel it as the adrenaline starts to ebb. Then the puke brigade would start at about the 18 minute mark of the second half. I know some of you have to remember the grain alcohol watermelon parties. This was the 1980’s and perhaps not exactly 100% legal but I am certain the statue of limitations has expired on this type of offense:)

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I don't drink beer, but that's just wrong

Reaction Score
Last I heard (albeit more than a few years ago), that guy was unfortunately not doing very well. It's been nearly a decade (can't find much after 2016, and don't feel like looking any deeper), so I hope, "he got his puppies [back] in order (so to speak)."
Think he has been arrested a few times including fighting with cops.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I take the train to nearly every game. The station is a block from XL, is cheaper then parking, and avoids any drinking issues. Why wouldn't you take the train to XL?
Because he's too busy laughing his ass off.

Reaction Score
Lmao who takes a bus (god help you) or train to XL?
glad a few other posters are jumping on this. i regularly take the train from new haven for xl games.

the idea that driving and parking is somehow preferable to taking cheap, readily available public transportation to a sporting event is absolutely baffling. take the train ONCE with a couple friends and a six pack and you will never want to drive anywhere again.

Reaction Score
glad a few other posters are jumping on this. i regularly take the train from new haven for xl games.

the idea that driving and parking is somehow preferable to taking cheap, readily available public transportation to a sporting event is absolutely baffling. take the train ONCE with a couple friends and a six pack and you will never want to drive anywhere again.
Train travel rules.

I took my first longer-ish distance Amtrak trip in 2022 when I had to take the train from Stamford to Baltimore for an educational conference. Such a relaxing experience and it was fun being able to get around without even thinking about parking.

I'll take the same trip this summer as the Yankees will be in Baltimore the same weekend as my birthday. Never been to a game at Camden Yards, so can't wait for that and even though I was there for work, Baltimore became one of my favorite American cities.

Reaction Score
And the pros prefer sipping and savoring those craft cans in the comfort and safety of home. Kill shot from last night’s game viewing. A doppelbock, rauchbier, and a couple big boy DIPAs. Delicious.

View attachment 95310
The indikator is awesome. I don't know if you get up to Schillings often but right now they have their Weinachstbier, a holiday single bock, on tap and its perfection in a beer

Reaction Score
The indikator is awesome. I don't know if you get up to Schillings often but right now they have their Weinachstbier, a holiday single bock, on tap and its perfection in a beer
Unfortunately, it’s just too far. Planning a Hill Farmstead/Schilling road trip for after mud season. Will hike the Pemi Loop and do some peak bagging in VT as well.

No one on the east coast comes close to Schilling’s level with heritage styles. Luckily, most of their drops trickle down into distro just over the border from me to DeCicco’s in NY. Possibly the best craft beer section at a grocery store in the U.S.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom