195-0 in the headlights again | The Boneyard

195-0 in the headlights again

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
195-0 looks like a very good possibility again barring health issuers and foul trouble. This years team is a true picture of how basketball was ment to be played. A surprise to everyone that this team is undefeated. This years team has shown that height doesnt matter. This years team has shown that you need to know how to play the game an unselfish game.

So when is our next real challenge. Well every game is a challenge. Hey I remember losing to Nova, Stanford and St Johns so every game is a challenge. But this team is different. The only flaw in this years team is depth and right now we're not looking as weak in that dept as we were a few months ago. Our non starters are getting play time and putting up results. Still foul trouble could pose a problem. So we have 4 games left in the regular season, the conference tourney and the NCAAs. UConn has proven themselves throughout the season when challenged especially when that had to face early on Murders Row and then last week against SC.

This was suppose to be a down year for UConn. This was suppose to be the year when opponents could get UConn. Guess what it didnt happen. This team has answered very doubt with a win many convincing. So now we look ahead with 2 transfers coming in along with a very powerful freshman class. Camara transferred from Kentucky. At 6'2 a strong rebounder and a player UConn was recruiting. Ive heard nothing but great things about her from friends in NY. Stevens who Doris Burke said Geno could turn into one of the greatest players in WCBB. Stevens has it all and I agree Geno can make her one of the all time greats but he has only two years to do it as she comes in next season as a junior and Camara as a soph. Then our freshman class lead by the number 1 player in the country Megan Walker and after that we have a verbal from Charli Collier a 6'5 post and I would expect a couple of really good wings/guards. Then following year Im hearing Sam Burnelle and Danielle Cosgrove both about 6'4 want to play for UConn. It wont get any easier for opponents .

So Ive resonated my 195-0 prediction again and I expect to take some flack again and thats ok. Looking ahead barring health problems foul trouble and injuries. I see it as a reality. Other teams have improved unfortunately for our opponents so has UConn and remember this. We beat MD at MD with Lou sick and our top players in foul trouble. We beat SC with Nurse sitting most of the game and Lou not having a good shooting night. So what does it take to beat this team????? IMO they can only beat themselves. The Regionals and FF will be their next big tests.

Geno has set the bar so high that it is only reachable by him. His teams continue to get better and this years team proves he has a few names on his team that werent top 10 coming out of high school. Geno has set the bar up there in LA LA Land...so high that most teams can only dream of reaching it. I would expect many top teams not wanting to play UConn over the next few years knowing their chances of beating UConn are very slim. Many teams will try to avoid playing UConn. This kinda fear can not help them if they face UConn in the NCAAs. This season many teams are hoping not to be an 8 seed and be shipped to CT for the regionals .

Well some fans and media may not like that the regional is in CT. IMO thats too bad. UConn draws and your team doesnt. UConn is money and prime time TV. I heard some coaches complain they want more TV time. Well my answer to those coaches is make your team better, start drawing fans like UConn does and show your at a level close to UConn. You cant expect TV to follow your team when your own fans dont show up in the thousands for every game. UConn fans are addicted to UCWBB. They follow them everywhere. Every game is televised every game draws thousands.

Finally 100-0. With all the great players and all the great teams and this team the only team many doubted is standing at 100-0 and counting. Clearly Geno's greatest accomplishment.

Reaction Score
All right, I'll be the first to say, "whoa, slow down!" First of all, I think Baylor will be a big challenge if we face them. Possibly Texas or Md could be challenges as well. Even if you assume no injuries or foul trouble, we could face a couple of very tough games. I don't regard this season as much more than 50/50 to win a championship.

If we look beyond this year, yes there will be a huge gap between UConn and the field for two years. I suppose if you guarantee no injuries or foul trouble, two undefeated seasons is a bet I would take. But, no significant injuries or foul trouble over the course of two seasons just ain't gonna happen.

My verdict? 195-0 is premature. But, heck I said that at the beginning of the year regarding 91-0, so what do I know?

Reaction Score
All right, I'll be the first to say, "whoa, slow down!" First of all, I think Baylor will be a big challenge if we face them. Possibly Texas or Md could be challenges as well. Even if you assume no injuries or foul trouble, we could face a couple of very tough games. I don't regard this season as much more than 50/50 to win a championship.

If we look beyond this year, yes there will be a huge gap between UConn and the field for two years. I suppose if you guarantee no injuries or foul trouble, two undefeated seasons is a bet I would take. But, no significant injuries or foul trouble over the course of two seasons just ain't gonna happen.

My verdict? 195-0 is premature. But, heck I said that at the beginning of the year regarding 91-0, so what do I know?
Boo, you're a spoil sport.:p

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
195-0 looks like a very good possibility again ... So Ive resonated my 195-0 prediction again ...

:) Kara Lawson saw your 195 and raised you to 200 during the SC game when talk turned to Stevens and Camara. Who could ever doubt you again? One double overtime from 148 and counting. In the words of Roseanne Roseannadanna: "It could happen!"

Reaction Score
Uconn's last three games this year will be something along the lines of N.D.,Maryland,and Baylor,so just getting to 113 is one heck of a task.If these stars align just right then the streak becomes interesting fodder for the summer chatter.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
At the beginning of the season, the idea would have seemed impossible but with the play of the team this year and all realistic competitors showing some blemishes, I would say we should be the favorites.

There is also no logical reason to think out team will have any losses the next 2 years with the incredible lineup
blending the further improvement of our core 4, the continued and I believe dramatic improvement of Crystal Dangerfield, the integration of megatron, our embarrassment of riches in our new guards and existing depth which will allow us to play without foul concerns and last but not least, our stellar transfers who have been molded to the UConn way and will soon be unleashed. :mad::mad::mad:

Oh yeah. The greatest coaching staff ever. :cool:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
So am I the only one who thinks that it isn't a lock that we win a natty this year. I like our chances with our personnel and coaching staff, but then again I always do. Any of South Carolina, Florida State, Baylor and Maryland can beat us.

Reaction Score
So am I the only one who thinks that it isn't a lock that we win a natty this year. I like our chances with our personnel and coaching staff, but then again I always do. Any of South Carolina, Florida State, Baylor and Maryland can beat us.
Boooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Reaction Score
The bad mojo is all over the place now, and I'm worried. First the White House comments, and I'll say nothing more about them than that, and now some folks want to discuss 195-0 as if it were a breeze. It ceased to be a breeze as soon as people started talking about it.

Whatever happened to Geno -- remember Geno, the guy that at least a few people on this board idolize (and not without reason)? He's the guy that tries to get the team to stay in the moment, to play game to game, to focus only on the game that's in front of them.We all could learn a thing or two from him.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

To me, "in the headlights" means we can "see it as a good possibility". I do not think this season is a lock only because things beyond our control (foul trouble or worse) can sideline us.

Reaction Score

I would say that next year's team and the following year, depth will not be an issue. Even a bad injury might not be enough to prevent 195-0 because next year's team is so skilled and so deep.

Reaction Score
I'm right with you here. Not too concerned with SC and Maryland so much but Baylor and Texas would be tough to beat a second time on a neutral floor. Not a lock but a decent chance.

Reaction Score
The bad mojo is all over the place now, and I'm worried. First the White House comments, and I'll say nothing more about them than that, and now some folks want to discuss 195-0 as if it were a breeze. It ceased to be a breeze as soon as people started talking about it.

Whatever happened to Geno -- remember Geno, the guy that at least a few people on this board idolize (and not without reason)? He's the guy that tries to get the team to stay in the moment, to play game to game, to focus only on the game that's in front of them.We all could learn a thing or two from him.
I don't think Geno cares what those outside of the team environment think because he has the power to convince his players in the philosophy you mentioned, one game at a time. So, if we talked 350-0, it would probably have no bearing on what that team in Storrs does because Geno will not allow them to get ahead of themselves.

Reaction Score
I'm right with you here. Not too concerned with SC and Maryland so much but Baylor and Texas would be tough to beat a second time on a neutral floor. Not a lock but a decent chance.
I don't find Texas as much of a challenge as I do Maryland though I agree Baylor is a concern.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Dont forget, the FF is in Dallas. Although not the home to either Baylor or Texas I would think having to face either or possibly both, in Texas, is less than playing on a neutral court.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
IMO, IF UConn is to win the National Championship this year, it will need to have the same circumstances that resulted in the Teams that made the F4 last year. There needs to be upsets where a couple of the #1 seeds and possibly the #2 seeds get upset along the way. Ideally, if UConn makes the F4, there won't be a rematches between any of the Top teams this year. Anything is possible, especially this year as the team has exceeded expectations in wins and level of play.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
IMO, IF UConn is to win the National Championship this year, it will need to have the same circumstances that resulted in the Teams that made the F4 last year. There needs to be upsets where a couple of the #1 seeds and possibly the #2 seeds get upset along the way. Ideally, if UConn makes the F4, there won't be a rematches between any of the Top teams this year. Anything is possible, especially this year as the team has exceeded expectations in wins and level of play.

Reaction Score
195-0 looks like a very good possibility again barring health issuers and foul trouble. This years team is a true picture of how basketball was ment to be played. A surprise to everyone that this team is undefeated. This years team has shown that height doesnt matter. This years team has shown that you need to know how to play the game an unselfish game.

So when is our next real challenge. Well every game is a challenge. Hey I remember losing to Nova, Stanford and St Johns so every game is a challenge. But this team is different. The only flaw in this years team is depth and right now we're not looking as weak in that dept as we were a few months ago. Our non starters are getting play time and putting up results. Still foul trouble could pose a problem. So we have 4 games left in the regular season, the conference tourney and the NCAAs. UConn has proven themselves throughout the season when challenged especially when that had to face early on Murders Row and then last week against SC.

This was suppose to be a down year for UConn. This was suppose to be the year when opponents could get UConn. Guess what it didnt happen. This team has answered very doubt with a win many convincing. So now we look ahead with 2 transfers coming in along with a very powerful freshman class. Camara transferred from Kentucky. At 6'2 a strong rebounder and a player UConn was recruiting. Ive heard nothing but great things about her from friends in NY. Stevens who Doris Burke said Geno could turn into one of the greatest players in WCBB. Stevens has it all and I agree Geno can make her one of the all time greats but he has only two years to do it as she comes in next season as a junior and Camara as a soph. Then our freshman class lead by the number 1 player in the country Megan Walker and after that we have a verbal from Charli Collier a 6'5 post and I would expect a couple of really good wings/guards. Then following year Im hearing Sam Burnelle and Danielle Cosgrove both about 6'4 want to play for UConn. It wont get any easier for opponents .

So Ive resonated my 195-0 prediction again and I expect to take some flack again and thats ok. Looking ahead barring health problems foul trouble and injuries. I see it as a reality. Other teams have improved unfortunately for our opponents so has UConn and remember this. We beat MD at MD with Lou sick and our top players in foul trouble. We beat SC with Nurse sitting most of the game and Lou not having a good shooting night. So what does it take to beat this team????? IMO they can only beat themselves. The Regionals and FF will be their next big tests.

Geno has set the bar so high that it is only reachable by him. His teams continue to get better and this years team proves he has a few names on his team that werent top 10 coming out of high school. Geno has set the bar up there in LA LA Land...so high that most teams can only dream of reaching it. I would expect many top teams not wanting to play UConn over the next few years knowing their chances of beating UConn are very slim. Many teams will try to avoid playing UConn. This kinda fear can not help them if they face UConn in the NCAAs. This season many teams are hoping not to be an 8 seed and be shipped to CT for the regionals .

Well some fans and media may not like that the regional is in CT. IMO thats too bad. UConn draws and your team doesnt. UConn is money and prime time TV. I heard some coaches complain they want more TV time. Well my answer to those coaches is make your team better, start drawing fans like UConn does and show your at a level close to UConn. You cant expect TV to follow your team when your own fans dont show up in the thousands for every game. UConn fans are addicted to UCWBB. They follow them everywhere. Every game is televised every game draws thousands.

Finally 100-0. With all the great players and all the great teams and this team the only team many doubted is standing at 100-0 and counting. Clearly Geno's greatest accomplishment.

I like your upbeat attitude towards UC Women. Your positive spin on the year and the 1,2,3,4 th off the bench --they did Geno, uconn and us fans proud. Not perfect but neither was the starting 5. Speaking of which those 5 exceeded the expectation of Geno, Fans, Muffet, Kim, the Women's basketball world and the Vegas point setters.
The only 195 and Zero MAY BE--Rt 195 not having an accident this week (if they haven't already). 50 games between now and end of next year--total (maybe) 151 then 39 the next and 1 the next for 195---that is inclusive of 3 seasons--without a loss????? Possible--not probable!!!! Yet I am the first to say Never say never..

Reaction Score
South Carolina is probably the most flawed team among the remaining contenders, and we looked fairly vulnerable against them.

If Geno can coach an undefeated national championship out of this team, it will be the greatest achievement of his coaching career.

That said, it should be fairly smooth sailing until the second weekend of the Tournament.

Reaction Score
\

WBBFAN1----If these teams are to be beaten in the NCAA's--by anyone--why not Uconn--isn't Uconn superior in ability, coaching, talent (if not size) than nearly all teams entering the big dancing games??? How do you expect teams uconn beat--almost easily--to beat teams you don't expect Uconn to beat???

If what you surmise to happen actually occurs, I shall be cheering loudly--as I did in 2016

I have stated since day one ---I expected this team to make the Final 4--still do--Geno has lost in the 4 but never in the NC...hope he keeps his record going..

Reaction Score
So am I the only one who thinks that it isn't a lock that we win a natty this year ? . . .

No, but I think it's fair to say that we won't face a serious challenge until the Regional Finals. From then on, we will
likely be facing teams we have played before - which worries me a bit. At the beginning of the year I thought that if
this team made the final four it would be a terrific accomplishment. I still think so. Can this team win it all? Sure, but
it's not a lock.

If we get through this year unscathed then I think Tony's 195 - 0 is a realistic possibility.

Reaction Score
Uconn's last three games this year will be something along the lines of N.D.,Maryland,and Baylor,so just getting to 113 is one heck of a task.If these stars align just right then the streak becomes interesting fodder for the summer chatter.

I don't like making assumptions on probabilities---when the brackets come out--we can begin our speculation of assumptions to make guesses about possibilities that could happen if something else happens and fish don't fly an tides don't rise and sky doesn't fall that particular day.

ND from what we have seen is not as good as it was when uC met them. MD and Baylor apparently (possibly, could be, may be, I assume-) better!! Isn't Uconn??

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom