17U trials in Colorado | Page 6 | The Boneyard

17U trials in Colorado

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
At least the hoopsters got to play indoors. Soccer at the big Somerset, NJ, event was rained out all of yesterday and part of Saturday night. Cait played well in my opinion. Her team won 1-0 on Saturday (she had 3 near-goals) over a team from S.C. They lost 3-0 to a NorCal team today that had multiple Stanford and UCLA commits. One kid seemed like the soccer equivalent of Haley Jones. She did it all and got an unassisted goal and an assist on a perfect pass. I’m guessing she’s a Stanford recruit. She was one of the two best players I’ve seen in person. The other was Cait’s HS teammate 2 years ago, an Auburn commit ranked about 74 nationally.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
One future player to keep an eye on is Isuneh Brady who ochoopsfan spotlighted last year at the link below.

2019/20 UConn Recruiting

Brady was one of the four 2022's to make it to the final 45. She's a 6-4 lefty post with skill and footwork. Today her uncle posted a tweet about her performance at the U17 trials as well as a link to the UConn women's twitter feed. Maybe just wishful thinking on his part but she's one to watch regardless.

Here's some video of Brady (#25) along with one of her middle school teammates.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
DeU6i0iW0AUpuOc.jpg

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Williams, Nelson-Ododa named to USA U-18 team; U-17 finalists announced

This is the link to many of Carl's stories from Colorado....just fantastic info on many of our targets including a rising soph from eastern Mass. I think I follow recruiting pretty closely but some of these names are new to me...hey...I just have to obsess at a higher level.

Great stuff from The Dean of the Horde!

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Is that Azzi with the ball?
I believe the white team is the U-18 team so unless it was mixed, I don't think it could be Azzi Fudd. I think it's Jordan Nixon.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I believe the white team is the U-18 team so unless it was mixed, I don't think it could be Azzi Fudd. I think it's Jordan Nixon.
It was Jordan Nixon #35 in that video.
Jordan.JPG

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Mainly because Belibi was on the team last year and has the type of athleticism that cannot be matched. Reese's stock is rising she has time, last I read she was fighting herself trying to decide which hand was going to be her primary shooting hand.

Any chance Brunelle doesn't make it? Just kidding. She will of course, though I understand she didn't exactly excel out in Colorado.

Reaction Score
Any chance Brunelle doesn't make it? Just kidding. She will of course, though I understand she didn't exactly excel out in Colorado.
Based off of what? I read different articles shared in this thread that involved her. She was apart of a evaluators "Next 7" as the team's "shooter." (The article is linked somewhere in this thread.) I guess your interpretation of "excel" can also be subjective.

Reaction Score
I pretty much agree with Jason Key here:

Let me begin by stating I know very little about any of these players other than what I've read or seen here and a few other places.
It seems that CocoHusky laid it out very well. The reading Jason Key thoughts and comments and remaining choices, here's the little I have to say. From all I've read and seen Van Lith has to make the team as she sounds like at times the best point guard out there except maybe Bueckers. She also sounds like a great choice for U Conn either with Fudd or Bueckers.
The choices then come down to what's needed more an extra guard, forward or center. Seems Belini may have an edge being in the team before.
I'm already guessing enough!
Bronx23

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Thanks for identifying Nixon. The number, hair, and shot looked a lot like Azzi. I know she’s younger, a lot younger.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

Haley Jones might reach consensus #1 for 2019 by mid summer. The Chris Hansen article from prospect nation stated that she is at the top of the class. Dan Olsen still has not responded to my email pointing out the inconsistency between his Feb 2018 article and the revised Hoopgurlz revised rankings from last month where Jones was rated #2 in the class by Hoopgurlz.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Haley Jones might reach consensus #1 for 2019 by mid summer. The Chris Hansen article from prospect nation stated that she is at the top of the class.

The PN guys believe Amihere is the best prospect in the class but separate US and non-US players. But, yeah, I could see Jones threatening the top spot.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Miles, Bueckers, Gusters, and Boston in these highlights from the weekend.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Chris Hansen breaks down the best guards from the trials:

Paige Bueckers
Minnesota, Class of 2020

POSITION/RANKPG / 1

HEIGHT5' 11"

COMMITTED TO

Undecided

Bueckers continued her bar-raising play. The terrific passing and growth defensively has put her on another plain with the best guards in the country regardless of class.

Caitlin Clark
Iowa, Class of 2020

POSITION/RANKPG / 4

HEIGHT5' 10"

COMMITTED TO

Undecided

Even with a busted up finger Clark found ways to make plays. She is as savvy as they come and her ability to make lead passes in transition as matched by few.

Dominique Darius
, Class of 2021

POSITIONPG

HEIGHT5' 10"

COMMITTED TO

Undecided

TBA
Darius was fantastic here. Her command and ability to play the point and off guard positions while staying aggressive was impressive. She seemed explosive with good control and understanding in the halfcourt.

Azzi Fudd
Virginia, Class of 2021

POSITIONG

HEIGHT5' 11"

COMMITTED TO

Undecided

TBA
It’s almost unfair with Fudd because exceptional play has become the norm. What we learned here is that she is un-phased by the hype surrounding her game. She brings

Jordan Horston
Ohio, Class of 2019

POSITION/RANKPG / 1

HEIGHT5' 10"

COMMITTED TO

Undecided

Horston adding an automatic jumper makes her nearly unguardable. She hit the three, mid-range range and got to the rim. Add to that she doesn’t take plays off on defense and you have a heck of a player.

Olivia Miles
New Jersey, Class of 2021

POSITIONPG

HEIGHT5' 11"

COMMITTED TO

Undecided

TBA
This youngster sure showed she is fearless. From her regional style that screams New York-New Jersey to her energetic play, Miles made it known she is a standout in 2021.

Hailey Van Lith
Washington, Class of 2020

POSITION/RANKPG / 1

HEIGHT5' 9"

COMMITTED TO

Undecided

In her first trials Van Lith confirmed what she has shown on the club circuit, she competes on every possession. This explosive lefty is afraid of nothing.

USA Trials: Focus On Guards | Prospects Nation

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
By that tie-dyed T-shirt I guess we can deduce that Fudd has decided to forgo college and will be selling love beads in Haight-Ashbury. :rolleyes:
Quite honestly I was more confused by her choice of foot wear?
image.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom