$17m early buyout agreement per Blaud | The Boneyard

$17m early buyout agreement per Blaud

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
$17M should mean that we are in the Big East on July 1, 2020.

I'll wait to celebrate until we know this is true for sure. But if it is, it's lit.

Reaction Score
I'll wait to celebrate until we know this is true for sure. But if it is, it's lit.
If they were waiting the full 27 months they would only pay $10m. The $17m is because were leaving early in July 2020

Reaction Score
C93FA8F3-E0A8-4FBC-9812-1F2F9C664D08.gif

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
The conference is said to have sought a much higher exit fee while UConn tried to negotiate something closer to $15 million or below. The sides eventually found a compromise, which involves maintaining an aspect of their partnership because UConn has agreed to schedule four home-and-home basketball series with AAC teams, men’s or women’s. No teams or years have been assigned.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
LOL but the two $5 million payments were due us, so we don’t get the normal revenue.
Having said that, we have to establish a narrative ASAP, so let’s see the football plan this summer.

What? You owe someone 17M, you either pay them with money they owe you or money already in your pocket. Are you saying you'd rather we pay them with money already in our pockets?

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
LOL but the two $5 million payments were due us, so we don’t get the normal revenue.
Having said that, we have to establish a narrative ASAP, so let’s see the football plan this summer.
“I can confirm that we’re going to be pursuing an FBS, Division I football program,” Benedict said. “We absolutely are committed to being a competitive program and I remain optimistic about our ability to achieve that goal. A lot of that has to do with a lot of conversations that I’ve been having over the past couple weeks with people intimately involved in the process. So I’m excited to move on and really dig in to football now that the exit has been finalized.”

Reaction Score
What? You owe someone 17M, you either pay them with money they owe you or money already in your pocket. Are you saying you'd rather we pay them with money already in our pockets?

Doesn't much matter how we pay them.

The next few years are going to be very lean, but that's the price of admission . . .

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
“I can confirm that we’re going to be pursuing an FBS, Division I football program,” Benedict said. “We absolutely are committed to being a competitive program and I remain optimistic about our ability to achieve that goal. A lot of that has to do with a lot of conversations that I’ve been having over the past couple weeks with people intimately involved in the process. So I’m excited to move on and really dig in to football now that the exit has been finalized.”

Thats a lot of words to give no information on football status. Pumped the basketball got accelerated to next summer. The ask for 4 H/H series isn't too steep either. As someone mentioned earlier, we can do it with Cincy and Memphis to help SOS.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom