16 Wins | The Boneyard

16 Wins

amidagoat

Amida was the goat
Reaction Score
Obviously, 16 wins are not the final goal, but at least we have a guaranteed winning record at this point. Gone are the days of 20 point losses to SMU and USF. I am thrilled to have a winning record again and love where Hurley has us. This team could make some noise in the AAC tourney if a few things go our way...

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
The team is starting to play the way that Hurley has wanted them to play all along. He is proving to be a true leader and really has had a profound impact on his players. These guys are starting to buy in, I think the biggest example of this is Vital. He is miles ahead of where he was at the beginning of the year in terms of being a team player. This has also shown on the stat sheet too. Almost wonder what Jalen Adams could have done with a few years under Hurley.

Reaction Score
despite likely not being a tournament team, let alone being in the bracket of those legendary uconn teams that won national championships and all that, this group has become my top 3 favorite set of players. there is just something about these guys playing for one another despite the chips being down and the cards being dealt to them. i hope we can string at least two more wins before conference tourney time and get some NIT action at the very least for guys like Vital and Gilbert.

with that being said, we better pack Gampel next Thursday for Vital!!! and maybe Gilbert if he decides to participate

Reaction Score
You math is off. We could still lose five more games. Check out my thread.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The team is starting to play the way that Hurley has wanted them to play all along. He is proving to be a true leader and really has had a profound impact on his players. These guys are starting to buy in, I think the biggest example of this is Vital. He is miles ahead of where he was at the beginning of the year in terms of being a team player. This has also shown on the stat sheet too. Almost wonder what Jalen Adams could have done with a few years under Hurley.

About fourth straight game I've seen the same spontaneous smile from Vital. Tonight it was when DH took him out to get an applause from XL crowd.

A happy, relaxed Vital who trusts him teammates to carry their own load, is the best Vital.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

The smile on Vital's face when he came out today and hugged Hurley was great to see.

Yeah, it's a shame about Adams. He could have been a UConn great under different circumstances, I really believe that.

Reaction Score
The smile on Vital's face when he came out today and hugged Hurley was great to see.

Yeah, it's a shame about Adams. He could have been a UConn great under different circumstances, I really believe that.
Yeah, having a coach is actually kinda important

Reaction Score

Different circumstances is a great way of saying you blame on Ollie

Reaction Score
Is it possible to get a first round bye?
Pretty sure we ll need to obviously win out and then have smu and witchita st crap the bed. Still possible

Reaction Score
Is it possible to get a first round bye?

Bottom of this post:

Starts with Temple winning at Wichita tomorrow. We'd need about 6 coinflips to go our way. It's probably sub 10% even if we win out.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Bottom of this post:

Starts with Temple winning at Wichita tomorrow. We'd need about 6 coinflips to go our way. It's probably sub 10% even if we win out.

At this point I’m in “do your job mode”. Not worrying about what we can’t control. We can beat every team in this league. Especially neutral site. Next up.

Reaction Score
At this point I’m in “do your job mode”. Not worrying about what we can’t control. We can beat every team in this league. Especially neutral site. Next up.

For sure. I'd rather play 1 less game if I can. But I think if we get the 4 or 6 seed with an ECU, Tulsa, Cincy, whoever in the championship road we'll win the tournament >25% of the time.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Has a coach ever been a worse influence on a player than Ollie on Adams?

Reaction Score
Obviously, 16 wins are not the final goal, but at least we have a guaranteed winning record at this point. Gone are the days of 20 point losses to SMU and USF. I am thrilled to have a winning record again and love where Hurley has us. This team could make some noise in the AAC tourney if a few things go our way...
Not to be pedantic, but 20 point losses to SMU and USF were gone after this year regardless.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom