Men - #15 UConn @ Boston College Eagles (Wednesday 4/19/22 @ Harrington Athletics Village @5:30p on ACCN) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Men #15 UConn @ Boston College Eagles (Wednesday 4/19/22 @ Harrington Athletics Village @5:30p on ACCN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Think M. Quigley is growing on me like Fogell has. Kid throws strikes.

Throwing strikes is something new for him. He has had big problems with his control in the past. If you want to be amused, check out his stats for when he pitched for UMass Lowell, he gave up walks all over the place. His lack of control is why he didn't pitch much early in this season.

Reaction Score
Top 5th, with 2 out, UConn offense picks up 2 walks. Huber drives in 2 runs with a double, 7-1 UConn. A nice 2 out rally for some more amenities.

Bottom 5th, Jack Sullivan coming in to pitch.

I believe I heard Chris Jones say a few games ago that the coaching staff thinks M. Quigley is more effective in short stints.

Chris Jones just said that Ian Cooke is expected to be able to start against Georgetown in that series. Guessing that Stephen Quigley may be taking over as the Sunday starter considering Sullivan is pitching in this game.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Interesting to see Sullivan here. Wonder if he is shifting out of the weekend rotation or if this is just a case of getting some extra work after a shorter outing last weekend

Reaction Score
Bottom 5th, Sullivan with a 1-2-3 inning. 7-1 UConn.

Chris Jones says that Sullivan has had a tough time his last few starts, so the coaching staff wants to use him out of the pen to get him back on track, at least for now. Said that he may become a midweek starter, and may be used out of the pen on the weekends.

Reaction Score
Penders and staff are not afraid of adjusting on fly and tinkering with things until they get it right. Sully has been struggling and maybe is just more effective out of pen. That was a solid inning

Reaction Score
I think since Sullivan got knocked out early against Xavier he is probably on a certain pitch count and would still be able to go on Sunday.

Reaction Score
I think since Sullivan got knocked out early against Xavier he is probably on a certain pitch count and would still be able to go on Sunday.

Considering the praise the Quigley brothers got from Coach Penders after the Xavier doubleheader in the postgame interview, I'm inclined to think Stephen Quigley will get the weekend start this time around. It also kind of jives with what Chris Jones said on this game broadcast about Sullivan.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Anyone watching the ACC stream? I always prefer Chris Jones but apparently they were complimentary enough about our program last year to draw the ire of the BC coaching staff post game (one asked their coach what he needed to do to "be like UConn" or something LOL).

Throw strikes, get outs.

Reaction Score
Anyone watching the ACC stream? I always prefer Chris Jones but apparently they were complimentary enough about our program last year to draw the ire of the BC coaching staff post game (one asked their coach what he needed to do to "be like UConn" or something LOL).

Throw strikes, get outs.

I think Chris Jones said that Adam Giardino, the UConn sports broadcaster and former WHUS sports director is doing this game on the ACC stream.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Scoreless inning for Afthim with 2 strikeouts. We will probably see Fogell next.

Reaction Score
Top 7th, Broadhurst with a no out 2 run homer, 12-1 UConn.

Reaction Score
Top 7th, UConn offense puts runners on the corners after a double play, but nothing more comes of it. 12-1 UConn.

Bottom 7th, Fogell takes the mound.

Reaction Score
Chris Jones talking again about all the high scoring games in college baseball this season, and how the baseball is harder, more slippery, and with lower seams. And it really flies when you hit it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom