#15 Troy vs #2 Texas A&M - 3/22/21 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

#15 Troy vs #2 Texas A&M - 3/22/21

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Somebody post a video of the 3 terrible calls against troy. Then fire the refs. All 4th qtr the charge the troy girl driving getti f clobbered and the back court not called.

Reaction Score
As bad as the charge call [was clearly a Block +1] and the half court mishap.......the biggest issue was moving picks. 95% of the high ball screens were illegal and 100% of ATMs inbound plays involved illegal picks.

Reaction Score
Tough to swallow if you are a Troy coach/player/fan. Really a tragic way to lose...making a great basket with an "and-one" and then get it reversed as an offensive foul, no less the 5th foul, and having to sit on the bench for the remainder of the game. I guess refs choke too. Not sure what the rules are for reviewing, but if that could have been reviewed, it should have been reviewed.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Not sure what the rules are for reviewing, but if that could have been reviewed, it should have been reviewed.
Pretty sure once a foul is called, you can't "uncall" it or reverse it in the block/charge scenario. They do review sometimes to see who the foul is on. Can pretty much review everything else--possession on out of bounds, shot clock violations, when the clock should've stopped on a dead ball. I would hope the refs are embarrassed sometimes when they are reviewing for whatever reason and seeh how bad some of their calls/no calls are, even if they can't fix them.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Pretty sure once a foul is called, you can't "uncall" it or reverse it in the block/charge scenario. They do review sometimes to see who the foul is on. Can pretty much review everything else--possession on out of bounds, shot clock violations, when the clock should've stopped on a dead ball. I would hope the refs are embarrassed sometimes when they are reviewing for whatever reason and seeh how bad some of their calls/no calls are, even if they can't fix them.

It kills me how many time consuming ref created game stoppages there are to micro-manage 3/10 of a second here or there but nothing to address some of the outrageously bad calls. Might be time for a challenge system like football.

Reaction Score
Thats honestly embarrassing. Hopefully those refs aren't used in any more NCAA games. Too late for Troy unfortunately.

Reaction Score
As bad as the charge call [was clearly a Block +1] and the half court mishap.......the biggest issue was moving picks. 95% of the high ball screens were illegal and 100% of ATMs inbound plays involved illegal picks.
The screens that UConn got called on Sunday were nothing compared to what Tamu was doing. I only saw the last 4 minutes, but saying that 90% of their screens were illegal is not an exaggeration during the time I watched.
UConn was called for illegal screens because they were standing with their feet outside the width of their shoulders. Technically that is illegal, but is seldom called unless you are in an exaggerated stance. Tamu was moving, hip checking, and setting a wide stance.
During the Wright St.- Arkansas game. There were several bad calls at the end also. One of the worst was when a Wright St. player tried to fight over a pic, she got hip checked into the ball handler and was called for her fifth foul.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score

Horrible. And A&M was moving on their screens all day and it was seldom called. Heartbreaking for Troy... very rarely do I think a big underdog should have won a game, even when the game is tightly called... but Troy absolutely got shafted tonight.

Reaction Score
Horrendous call. Troy University should call for the NCAA to review. The game can't be played over, but the NCAA can admit to a bad call or calls. Refs should be canned.

Reaction Score
The refs were diabolical. Those weren’t errors or judgement calls. They ignored rules and calls that were right in front of them. The NCAA should suspend that crew for the rest of the tournament.
Yes these are the kind of calls that one might expect from crews that are making selective calls to the advantage of one team. This is the type of thing that out of state high schools used to be faced with in the Aloha Tournament in the Hawaii ever year. Calls that are judgement calls are easier to manipulate without consequence.

Reaction Score
Another ref can over rule the call however.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure I've seen 2 refs blow a whistle on a block/charge, they have differing opinions and have to have a conference to decide which way the call goes.
Yes, when two make calls at the same time. However, when one feels sure of a call, they won't change it. I have seen it happen when a player is in the charge/block arc and one ref calls a charge and another ref will come in and point out the player was in the arc and the call should be a block. But, come to think of it, I have seen other situations where a call was changed by another official.

Reaction Score
Now we need the replay for the other Troy player that fouled out when the refs misidentified the player that actually committed the foul. The last couple minutes of the game were non-stop ref'ing nonsense.

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
The screens that UConn got called on Sunday were nothing compared to what Tamu was doing. I only saw the last 4 minutes, but saying that 90% of their screens were illegal is not an exaggeration during the time I watched.
UConn was called for illegal screens because they were standing with their feet outside the width of their shoulders. Technically that is illegal, but is seldom called unless you are in an exaggerated stance. Tamu was moving, hip checking, and setting a wide stance.
During the Wright St.- Arkansas game. There were several bad calls at the end also. One of the worst was when a Wright St. player tried to fight over a pic, she got hip checked into the ball handler and was called for her fifth foul.
Inside of the feet, should not be outside of shoulders. Never any consistency game to game, play to play, team to team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom