13-66 from 3 in three losses | The Boneyard

13-66 from 3 in three losses

Reaction Score
Yesterday we attempted 29 threes on 61 attempts. The only game we’ve shot well vs good competition was vs Auburn when Polley was on fire. The team without Sanogo has simply been too easy to defend. Andre had an easy basket off a back door cut yesterday. Martin had a stretch of success taking it to the hole but overall the gameplan was poor. Unless Hurley incorporates more creative plays and stops being so reliant on the three, it’s going to be a long season.

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
It seems like our main shots are layups in transition, 3s, and alley oop attempts. We don't really run offense for anything else. Oh, and putback attempts if you want to count those. If Sanogo is playing, we'll go into the post with him but if not... lots of dribbling and hand offs around the perimeter until someone shoots a 3.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
This team desperately needs a guard that can drive the lane and score.

You cannot drive into the lane when you consistently bring the power forward and center out behind the arc because you think that it's a 'good idea' to have someone like Whaley look for threes.

Our offense right now involves planting two or three large trees outside the arc and challenging our guards to drive at a defense that is free to cheat off their man because there's no danger in doing so.

Reaction Score
This team desperately needs a guard that can drive the lane and score.
Cole does that right now. Unfortunately he also has to shoot 3's because no one else can pop 3-5 of them a game on a consistent basis.

Reaction Score
It seems like our main shots are layups in transition, 3s, and alley oop attempts. We don't really run offense for anything else. Oh, and putback attempts if you want to count those. If Sanogo is playing, we'll go into the post with him but if not... lots of dribbling and hand offs around the perimeter until someone shoots a 3.
And continuing to watch what we have been watching for the last 6 years....dribble-pass, dribble-pass, dribble-pass to a shooter who has to shoot because the shot clock is below 5 seconds....

Reaction Score
You cannot drive into the lane when you consistently bring the power forward and center out behind the arc because you think that it's a 'good idea' to have someone like Whaley look for threes.

Our offense right now involves planting two or three large trees outside the arc and challenging our guards to drive at a defense that is free to cheat off their man because there's no danger in doing so.
And then there is no one under the hoop to get and put back a rebound.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
And continuing to watch what we have been watching for the last 6 years....dribble-pass, dribble-pass, dribble-pass to a shooter who has to shoot because the shot clock is below 5 seconds....

You missed the run in the 1st half that looked like the Globetrotters running the pick and roll. It was amazing. We can do it. We need to hit open 3's and get Sanogo back and we'll be fine.

Reaction Score
You missed the run in the 1st half that looked like the Globetrotters running the pick and roll. It was amazing. We can do it. We need to hit open 3's and get Sanogo back and we'll be fine.
Yes, I saw it and the play disappeared almost as soon as it appeared. I agree that Sanogo is the missing piece and will make it somewhat better, but the bottom line is that the 3-point shooters have to make the shots when open and when needed.

Reaction Score
The amount of misses on 3 pointers that are so far off they never had a chance of going in is very concerning to me. Air balls, clangers, and shots that only hit the backboard. Tyler Polley does this and he is our best weapon supposedly. A 5th year player I was hoping he could really make a difference this year but it seems to not be happening. Everyone else takes their turn. And these are open looks.

Mazhude

"Bark, Bark!"
Reaction Score
Yes, I saw it and the play disappeared almost as soon as it appeared. I agree that Sanogo is the missing piece and will make it somewhat better, but the bottom line is that the 3-point shooters have to make the shots when open and when needed.
Agreed. Or... don't run the offense that way...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom