12 Quinnipiac vs 5 Marquette | Page 4 | The Boneyard

12 Quinnipiac vs 5 Marquette

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
images

Reaction Score
Quinnipiac wins.

There seem to be a lot of hidden gems in WCBB. Belmont almost beats Kentucky. Q beats Marquette. New Mexico State is battling Stanford. Long Beach State comes within a point of Oregon State. Elon plays West Virginia very tough. Western Kentucky plays Ohio State tough.

Somehow, the landscape of women's basketball has not been reflected in the standings. These no-names are playing tough.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
No, Geno was talking about letting light weights from SEC and ACC in with horrible in conference #es and freezing out mid-majors if they did not get the automatic bid. Loving Q being in the dance and winning.
When did Geno say this?

This is why I don't have any objection to Northern Iowa getting a bid, which many disagreed with. I have more of a problem with Auburn and Cal.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
The push came first and it was pretty obvious.

But if you watched the game the flagrant was added because of the trip. And the player fell to the floor because of the trip not the push. It was desperation time and they were just trying to foul quickly. The announcers were outraged they upped it to a Flagrant after seeing the trip on the replay. It was obvious the trip was very inadvertent. Just the guy trying to rush to foul. No intent.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Quinnipiac wins.

There seem to be a lot of hidden gems in WCBB. Belmont almost beats Kentucky. Q beats Marquette. New Mexico State is battling Stanford. Long Beach State comes within a point of Oregon State. Elon plays West Virginia very tough. Western Kentucky plays Ohio State tough.

Somehow, the landscape of women's basketball has not been reflected in the standings. These no-names are playing tough.

Keep on eye on Gonzaga later today. They had several bad losses but are capable of playing at a high level.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
When did Geno say this?

This is why I don't have any objection to Northern Iowa getting a bid, which many disagreed with. I have more of a problem with Auburn and Cal.

Could have been in the pregame presser. He did not name conferences, but it was pretty obvious which he was talking about. The number of SEC and ACC teams in the Dance is a travesty and a testament to the need to clean out the southern old ladies from the committee.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Quinnipiac wins.

I concur. Everyone focuses all their attention on the power-5 (plus UConn, of course). But there are many other conferences that deserve our attention. ESPN's Graham Hays does the mid-major rankings, which is a nice step, but more is needed.

I had watched LBSU beat South Florida earlier in the year, so I knew they were a dangerous team. Elon looked great against JMU in the Colonial final. But I hadn't watched any of the other mid-majors you'd mentioned.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
No it wasn't a "dive" (That's what I thought at first). The defender tripped him at the end of the play.

He tripped himself when his feet got tangled up. The defender didn't trip him.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Saw the replay 100 times yesterday. Don't want to watch the clip again or read about it.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
With all due respect, that's a New Jersey newspaper so it's not exactly objective.

Here's the rule from the Big East Twitter feed:

C7JPlhAXkAAOggl.jpg

Do the research. The articles are all over the country (Not jus NJ). Plus the announcers didn't care (As far as I know). It was a bad call based on the way fouls happen at the end of games. Guys (And girls) get clobbered on a regular basis on the end of games without making plays on the ball. They rarely call flagrants.
http://www.google.com/#q=Seton+Hall+Trip+called+flagrant&*

Or just google "Seton Hall Trip called flagrant" and you'll get many results from all over the place. Not the refs finest moment.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
So we are talking about a men's NCAA foul in this thread in order to advance WCBB?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Could have been in the pregame presser. He did not name conferences, but it was pretty obvious which he was talking about. The number of SEC and ACC teams in the Dance is a travesty and a testament to the need to clean out the southern old ladies from the committee.

Tell me which ACC teams didnt deserve to be in the NCAAs?

Reaction Score
The Q is up 16-4 with 4:20 left in the first quarter. :)

The announcers are calling the Bobcats Quin-eh-PEE-ac. It's QUIN-eh-pee-ac.
That's funny, reminds me of Curt Gowdy calling Kansas the Jayhawkers during a game he called many years ago.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
No it wasn't a "dive" (That's what I thought at first). The defender tripped him at the end of the play.

Big news in Jersey of course: Did the refs screw up flagrant foul in Seton Hall's loss to Arkansas? NCAA official says ...

If only the push itself (with very little force applied) is an automatic F1 foul, then almost every deliberate foul to stop the clock late in games is a F1 technical and should be called as such. Ridiculous.

Of course a former zebra is going to back up his own peeps.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I'll get back to you on that after the Dance is over. 15 ACC and SEC teams. Really.

Its an asinine statement to say that 7 ACC teams didnt deserve to make the tournament. I guess they should have invited more teams from chickencrap conferences like the AAC ? :rolleyes:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Its an asinine statement to say that 7 ACC teams didnt deserve to make the tournament. I guess they should have invited more teams from chickencrap conferences like the AAC ? :rolleyes:

No, actually Geno and by association I were talking about other teams from so called lesser conferences who actually know how to scrap and win. But, like I said before, and will say again, let us see how this all works out and see who wants to call a statement asinine. When did an ACC team last win the Dance? I've sorta lost track. How many final fours in the last ....If ND didn't fall in to your conference .... asinine and chickencrap is beneath you.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Right about now I'm thinking Miami should've been snubbed :D

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom