12 Quinnipiac vs 5 Marquette | Page 5 | The Boneyard

12 Quinnipiac vs 5 Marquette

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
No, actually Geno and by association I were talking about other teams from so called lesser conferences who actually know how to scrap and win. But, like I said before, and will say again, let us see how this all works out and see who wants to call a statement asinine. When did an ACC team last win the Dance? I've sorta lost track. How many final fours in the last ....If ND didn't fall in to your conference .... asinine and chickencrap is beneath you.

So basically a team from a conference has to win a national title before a conference is be deemed a quality one?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Right about now I'm thinking Miami should've been snubbed :D

After that performance today... and their men's performance last night...... maybe we should send them to the AAC or somewhere like that :oops:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
After that performance today... and their men's performance last night. maybe we should send them to the AAC or somewhere like that :oops:
Or how about the A-Sun and let FGCU take their spot.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
So basically a team from a conference has to win a national title before a conference is be deemed a quality one?

No, not at all. Surely you did not ask the question meaning it. But, a conference that hasn't produced an NCAA champion in a long time should not be getting a pass for their underachievers into the dance on the basis of a general glow about "the Conference." So called 2d tier conferences have teams with very good records and very good skills and we grow this sport by rewarding that and not just taking in the same big old tired names with mediocre records because they are in one of those "glow" conferences. It is old, tired and dull.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
No, not at all. Surely you did not ask the question meaning it. But, a conference that hasn't produced an NCAA champion in a long time should not be getting a pass for their underachievers into the dance on the basis of a general glow about "the Conference." So called 2d tier conferences have teams with very good records and very good skills and we grow this sport by rewarding that and not just taking in the same big old tired names with mediocre records because they are in one of those "glow" conferences. It is old, tired and dull.

Ok..... so which teams that missed a chance to participate in this years tournament deserved a shot? Syracuse was the lowest rated ACC team to make it.... their record isnt mediocre..... and some on here are whining about them being underseeded. But I guess i will wait for you to come up with the ACC teams that deserved to be sitting at home at the expense of an extra team from the MVC or OVC or the American East.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
ACC worthies of NCAA ... ND, Syracuse, Florida State, Louisville ...wait, maybe one more ...oh yes, Duke.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Not sure if FGCU has a football team
They could just do what most ACC schools do and put a bunch of non-football players in helmet and pads and call it a team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom