11/27/23 AP poll | Page 2 | The Boneyard

11/27/23 AP poll

Reaction Score
I can't get excited about rankings. The National Championship is based on winning a tournament. The men last year were a #4 seed and won it all.
Develop the freshman to contribute in big games, and by the end of the year be prepared to win 6 in a row.

Reaction Score
I can't get excited about rankings. The National Championship is based on winning a tournament. The men last year were a #4 seed and won it all.
Develop the freshman to contribute in big games, and by the end of the year be prepared to win 6 in a row.
I wouldn't go that far, but agree totally with your first three sentences.

Reaction Score
Iowa ahead of State? That school in Chapel Hill still ranked?

giphy.gif

UNC-CH was 18th and went 1-2 this week with a 3 point win over Vermont, a loss to K-State and another loss to Florida Gulf Coast. Wild they only dropped 6 slots.

As a State fan I’m not offended by being below Iowa. Maybe I’m just in a happy to be here mood right now. On one hand State is undefeated with wins over 2 top 3 teams (double digit wins no less). On the other hand I’m being cautious with my optimism - last year was a roller coaster and massively disappointing and then this off season the Pack lost 4 starters to the portal/graduation. They added only 2 players from the portal, both of whom seem to be buried as the 10th and 11th players in the rotation. It’s wild the success they’ve had considering what was returning/not returning from an underachieving squad from the previous year.

Based on resume and results, yes, State should be 4th or 3rd probably. Although I don’t expect that to be the case as we get deeper into the year. But perhaps I’m undervaluing some of our players or overestimating what other teams have.

Reaction Score
The month of December is loaded with quality games. The toughest being at Texas. But I believe that the UConn girls win out the month. Then move back up in the ranking. Yes it would be a feat to do. Beating Texas, North Carolina, Louisville and Marquette. And Ball State is no slouch.
Ball State has a 5- 1 record but the 5 teams that THE CARDINALS have defeated have a cumulative of two
wins! (1- 3, 0 -3, 1-4, 0 -3, and 0 -10, poor Chicago State!! ... I have not update this, W - L record, but it was accurate
sometime in the recent past). Ball State lost to N.D. (that team) in Ball State's first came of the season. Hana Muhl
is in the "rotation" averaging something like 13 minutes a game. Hana is 5 ' 8" and is a more than " fair" as three point
shooter. She is a guard, generally one of the PGs.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Before the poll comes out today, an observation that nine of the top 25 teams had a loss last week, and Tenn, Ole Miss and Miss St had two. I would guess that the last two loss teams will drop out of the 25 (19th & 23rd right now), UNC and Princeton will also follow them. Tenn (#20) might stay in based on losing to #16 & #18 teams, however who knows with what the pollsters have been doing this year.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score

Stanford drops from 3 to 9.
Virginia Tech drops from 9 to 15.
UConn drops from 11 to 17.
Florida State drops from 15 to 20.
Ole Miss drops from 19 to unranked (7th among RV)
Tennessee drops from 20 to unranked (4th among RV).
Mississippi State drops from 21 to unranked (6th among RV).

Texas rises from 10 to 5.
Baylor rises from 13 to 10.
Ohio State rises from 16 to 12.
Notre Dame rises from 18 to 14.
Louisville rises from 22 to 18.
Marquette rises from 23 to 19.
Washington State re-enters at 21.
Creighton re-enters at 22.
Gonzaga enters at 23.
Penn State enters at 25.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
ESPN must like us. They have us at #10.
On the other hand their headline reads
UConn falls to their worst ranking in 30 years

IMG_1030.jpeg

The team has some issues. I trust the staff to figure them out to make it as good as it can be with the available personnel.

Remain Calm All Is Well GIF

Reaction Score
On the other hand their headline reads
UConn falls to their worst ranking in 30 years

View attachment 93685

The team has some issues. I trust the staff to figure them out to make it as good as it can be with the available personnel.

Remain Calm All Is Well GIF
Pain

Reaction Score
I have no problem with UCONN's ranking. But did you notice the big bumps teams get when they defeat the Huskies?
NC State, UCLA, Texas have moved up into the top 5, and beating UCONN helped their ascent.

Reaction Score
I have no problem with UCONN's ranking. But did you notice the big bumps teams get when they defeat the Huskies?
NC State, UCLA, Texas have moved up into the top 5, and beating UCONN helped their ascent.
The other way to look at it is those are most of the remaining unbeatens and less about beating UConn.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score

NC State's was valid considering they were unranked, UCLA was already number 2 before they beat UCONN. Texas jumping from 11th to 5th is a headscratcher though. They won a game they were expected to and somehow jump both LSU (who beat Virginia Tech last week) and USC? Not following the logic on that one.

Reaction Score

Stanford drops from 3 to 9.
Virginia Tech drops from 9 to 15.
UConn drops from 11 to 17.
Florida State drops from 15 to 20.
Ole Miss drops from 19 to unranked (7th among RV)
Tennessee drops from 20 to unranked (4th among RV).
Mississippi State drops from 21 to unranked (6th among RV).

Texas rises from 10 to 5.
Baylor rises from 13 to 10.
Ohio State rises from 16 to 12.
Notre Dame rises from 18 to 14.
Louisville rises from 22 to 18.
Marquette rises from 23 to 19.
Washington State re-enters at 21.
Creighton re-enters at 22.
Gonzaga enters at 23.
Penn State enters at 25.
UNC falls to 24th after third consecutive loss. :confused:

Online statistics