$1000 BONEYARD CHALLENGE- Please read, MODS. | The Boneyard

$1000 BONEYARD CHALLENGE- Please read, MODS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Mods, if possible, please post this to all of the BY boards.

Don't ask me how or why but today I thought of the woman who sat behind home plate during the 1986 MLB playoffs and rolled her arms during every pitch. I have no clue why I thought of her or why it bothers me so much that I forget what series it was.

Anyhow, I think it was the 86 World Series and she was at Shea Stadium.

I am offering to make a $1000 donation to the favorite charity of the first Boneyarder to post a video or clear picture of the woman I'm talking about. I try and give back as much as I can during the holiday season but always feel bad for neglecting the countless charities I'm not familiar with. I figure this is a good way to have some fun while hopefully supporting a charity I've never heard of before.

I will provide proof of the donation and it will be made in the name of the winner.

I wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and send love and respect to those of you who celebrate other beliefs.

Let the games begin!

EDIT: As I'm typing this diatribe, TDiNazzo has won the contest!

http://the-boneyard.com/threads/identify-yourself.49887/#post-795795

Nazzo, please tell me your charity of choice and I will make the donation in your name immediately. Also, you replied to my first post which offered $100 to your favorite charity.

As the title of this thread points out, I made the same bet for $1000.

So, as a man of my word, I'm going to honor both challenges and donate $1100 in your name.

All I ask is that you take the time to choose a charity that means something to you and possibly share with the rest of The Boneyard why they should donate to that charity too.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Out of curiosity, who is the woman and why is it important to you?

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Out of curiosity, who is the woman and why is it important to you?

I have no clue who the chick is and she means nothing to me really. I was watching the Women's BB game on ESPN today and heard a UCONN fan screaming cheers next to the announcers microphones. It was amazing PR for UCONN on a national broadcast. It made me think of the most disruptive fan I could remember and I thought of the woman rolling her arms.

I was debating what my next charity donation would be and figured I'd throw it out to the BY.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Her name was Bo Field - she died last year.

She was just one of those odd sports' characters. Just loved the Mets and had a) great seats and b) a really unique way of cheering.

If you think that the universe sometimes speaks to us, her obituary suggests donations to St. Jude's Children's Hospital...

Reaction Score

She was just one of those odd sports' characters. Just loved the Mets and had a) great seats and b) a really unique way of cheering.

If you think that the universe sometimes speaks to us, her obituary suggests donations to St. Jude's Children's Hospital...

At first I wondered if it was Doris. There is a good chance I met Bo as I have been to the lyndhurst diner many years ago ehen I lived in that area.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score

TDiNazzo hasn't replied to my PM or to the thread so if I don't hear back from him/her by the end of the day I will make the $1100 donation to St. Jude's. It was my Grandmother's favorite charity is well.

Reaction Score
Formerlurker, Just saw your Pm... That's very generous of you! It was a great puzzle just to try to solve..... And also, St Jude's is my choice as well... When I read your Pm I started thinking what would help kids the most, especially this time of year. Nice gesture on your part... As I said on the other board, I didn't want anything from this... use the tax credit, or give the Boneyard the credit... THANKS! And Happy Holidays!!!

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Formerlurker, Just saw your Pm... That's very generous of you! It was a great puzzle just to try to solve..... And also, St Jude's is my choice as well... When I read your Pm I started thinking what would help kids the most, especially this time of year. Nice gesture on your part... As I said on the other board, I didn't want anything from this... use the tax credit, or give the Boneyard the credit... THANKS! And Happy Holidays!!!

St Jude.JPG

I made the donation in honor of my Grandmother and Bo Fields.

Safe and Happy Holidays everyone. Merry Christmas!

Reaction Score
TDiNazzo hasn't replied to my PM or to the thread so if I don't hear back from him/her by the end of the day I will make the $1100 donation to St. Jude's. It was my Grandmother's favorite charity is well.

I normally hate sharing these stories.......but a co-worker unfortunately had to use St. Jude a few years back. The money raised goes far beyond cancer research and providing kids the care they receive there. It houses out of town families who won't leave their kids. It pays for meals. He wrote a generic letter to those co-workers who donated in their name. The stuff he said about St. Jude was amazing. It's a great charity.

Very nice job.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
What a tear-jerker, Lurker! You da' man today!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom