10 Reasons why PP must Go ASAP. We can't afford to wait through another season. | The Boneyard

10 Reasons why PP must Go ASAP. We can't afford to wait through another season.

If Uconn loses the next two games at home, is it fair to show PP and GDL the door mid-season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
  1. He has embarrassed Uconn Football since he has become coach (that's a fact!).
  2. He anointed GDL to be coaching royalty, despite the fact that whatever GDL's touches turns to trash ( see OL that has become one of the worst in all of college football! Offense for 2 years under GDL's enlightened leadership .)
  3. As a rule, he elicits no passion from his team, No energy, No emotion. (Emotion wins football games.)
  4. He refuses to make adjustments to his coaching strategy.
  5. His team is always seems to be unprepared, mistake prone, and finds ways to lose games.
  6. He seemingly does not reward merit, but relies on his guys!
  7. He coaches as if it were still the 1990's.
  8. The Fan-base is really tired of his sh@t!!
  9. He has ran out of excuses.
  10. He tries to portray that he is building the program, but everyone knows he is building the program's tombstone.

Reaction Score
HCPP should go however, how does that affect our recruiting class? If you listen to the Courant (I don't), this recruiting class is suppose to be our strongest ever.

Reaction Score
My biggest gripe is the complete lack of in-game adjustments or recognition of things that are working.

Foxx busts out a nice 12 yd gain ON HIS ONLY CARRY. Why not give him the ball again? Afraid the D will be expecting it? Didn't stop you from sending McCombs off tackle 17 times.

And the comment that "if I had to do it again I would have double-teamed on the OL." Do it again? How about doing it on the next possession.

I feel awful for our student-athletes on this team. Their HC is an out of touch mannequin who has sapped all the life from their fanbase.

Reaction Score
HCPP should go however, how does that affect our recruiting class? If you listen to the Courant (I don't), this recruiting class is suppose to be our strongest ever.

Because they came to UConn to play for him (god knows why)

Reaction Score

It's a fair question, it would be up to the interim staff to try and hold the class together and nothing impacts recruiting worse than losing. I'm sure all of the recruits currently committed realize that there is a decent chance P won't be here if the losses continue.

And all recruits anywhere know that coaches change all of the time, there are no guarantees. Even a coach who wins could leave at a moments notice for another opportunity.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I'd get rid of him now and hopefully the recruits will come because they love UCONN, not PP. We could get Alabama's recruiting class here under PP and still not win any more games than the 5 or less that we currently win. It's one thing to be able to get talent here, it's quite another to translate that into winning on the field. PP and GDL should not coach the next game but, sadly, it appears that they will seeing we are into Sunday now and no news has come from our monitoring AD.

Reaction Score
THINK B1G

Yes, we should, by firing PP now -- not after we are going to be 0-3!! Yes, it should be done by 1 pm TODAY!!! (written at 12:46 pm!)

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score

If you are speaking of the current true freshman, do you really believe that it will make any difference to them if they see P fired September 3 or December 10?

If you are speaking of the current HS players we are recruiting, do you really believe that it will make any difference to them if they see P fired September 3 or December 10?

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I'm still naively believing that P has brought in better quality players. I'm convinced that a different coach is necessary to get the most out of them.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I'm still naively believing that P has brought in better quality players. I'm convinced that a different coach is necessary to get the most out of them.

It's funny; I was going to post a similar statement yesterday on a different thread. I just didn't want a pitchfork shoved up my hoo-hah... :eek:

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Does anyone concerned about a firing hurting recruiting really think the guys the current staff is recruiting aren't aware that the current staff might not be there next year?

Keeping the staff in this situation hurts recruiting as much as changing it.

Reaction Score
If you wrote that at 12:46 then technically the announcement of his firing should have been by 1:06.

Now, it is now 1:33 pm and yahoo sports hasn't announced it yet!! Maybe Yahoo hasn't heard, yet!! Hell, as I said earlier today -- A decaying corpse of Walter Camp on the sidelines could do a better job than PP. I would rather have a pre-scandal Jerry Sandusky coaching then PP. And you got to admit, JS was a good coach at PSU!

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
I kept wondering if we could hire KC Keeler out of the booth at halftime. ;)

Reaction Score
Warde won't even consider pulling the plug before next game. But maybe after his alma mater has embarrassed the snot out of him by hanging 60+ pts on us and we're headed to UB at 0-3, the groundswell of public disgust with PeePee will have risen to a point where the horde MIGHT be able to get a statement out of him.

Reaction Score
If we are 0-4 after Buffalo and we were embarrassed by MD and Michigan and PP is not fired then we need to bring back DFH and have him lead us on an Occupy Warde's House mission.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Keeping the staff in this situation hurts recruiting as much as changing it.
This.

Reaction Score
Maybe a grad assistant could show PP film of the first halves bad plays, at halftime so he could figure out what to do.:) I think the braintrust will be hoping for a win against Maryland to enable them to not make a decision before Dec. 9th. An 0-4 start throws that plan out the window. Warde and Susan will be hard to find if we lose to Maryland. A loss to Buffalo would have to smoke em out into the open. IMHO do it now so that the rest of the country knows we give a damn about our football program. We would also get a good idea if TJ is the answer.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Yup. One of the negative accusations against UCONN in Conference Realignment is that we don't care about football. Making a move now shows we do. Plus, it might even save this season and increase attendance.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
It's funny; I was going to post a similar statement yesterday on a different thread. I just didn't want a pitchfork shoved up my hoo-hah... :eek:

Dan- I'm a preeeetty good judge of character, and I'd say your hoo-hah is safe here on the 'Yard...

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Dan- I'm a preeeetty good judge of character, and I'd say your hoo-hah is safe here on the 'Yard...

One can never be too careful with his hoo-hah... :eek:

Reaction Score
Bump. We need to keep this near the top of the threads.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Road Dog,

I posed this question to you earlier in this thread but you did not answer. Please answer now.

If you are speaking of the current true freshman, do you really believe that it will make any difference to them if they see P fired September 3 or December 10?

If you are speaking of the current HS players we are recruiting, do you really believe that it will make any difference to them if they see P fired September 3 or December 10?

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I kept wondering if we could hire KC Keeler out of the booth at halftime. ;)
You're winking but here's my serious answer anyway - Keeler was in the candidate pool after Edsall left right? I looked up his record after the Towson game to refresh my memory... he had success at Delaware but peppered in between seasons where they made deep runs in the I-AA playoffs are some years with not great records... Here are the W-Ls starting in 2002: 6-6, 15-1, 9-4, 6-5, 5-6, 11-4, 4-8, 6-5, 12-3, 7-4, 5-6. Maybe with smaller rosters, that level of football makes it harder to sustain success but I bet you could find someone with more consistency versus the up-and-down records that Keeler had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom