10 players the must have a breakout season | The Boneyard

10 players the must have a breakout season

Reaction Score
Aaliyah gets some of the spotlight at espn! Finally!

It’s also good to see Gabby Marshall get some recognition. Another deserving player.

Reaction Score
I am very anxious to see her play this year after a summer at Storrs. I am hopeful for offensive improvement and even more strength and power. It will help us immensely.

Reaction Score
I am very anxious to see her play this year after a summer at Storrs. I am hopeful for offensive improvement and even more strength and power. It will help us immensely.
I suspect Aaliyah had enough of being pushed around and outmaneuvered by other bigs. She outmuscled Brink but couldn’t shut her down in the FF, but couldn’t do the same to Boston in either game. I wouldn’t be surprised to learn that she stayed in Storrs (at least in part) for just the reason you suggest. I hope to see a stronger nimbler Aaliyah in a few weeks. Plus, working out next to Ayanna is bound to be inspiring.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Maturity my friend. Aaliyah has matured. She’s 20 now. A much stronger and wiser player. An upperclassman. I suspect her play as a junior and senior will be more productive and consistent than her first two years.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Eh. I thought Utsby already had a breakout season. And I don't think Arizona's fortunes hinge on Ware. Just another silly clickbait article.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Eh. I thought Utsby already had a breakout season. And I don't think Arizona's fortunes hinge on Ware. Just another silly clickbait article.
All of this came across my mind as well. Utsby had a breakout year last year IMO. I’m not sure how Ware even made it to the list.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I had the same reaction regarding more than half the players on this list including Ware specifically. I also doubt that Stanford's season fortunes rest with Jump. Then I had a second though, rather than it being clickbait maybe Alexa was just trying to highlight some very good players on good teams that hardly ever get any recognition or publicity in a sport that badly needs it.

"We've ranked the under-the-radar, up-and-coming players who have the potential to have breakout seasons."

Well done Alexa!

Reaction Score
I just hope Aaliyah finds some inspiration in this. She’s capable of averaging a double-double this year. I’d love to see it.

Reaction Score
I just hope Aaliyah finds some inspiration in this. She’s capable of averaging a double-double this year. I’d love to see it.
She doesn't need an article for inspiration. I'd recommend watching her time during Big East Media day on the Storrs Central YouTube channel. You'll get more insight on what her focus is this year than this paragraph from Alexa.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom