10.5 pt underdogs? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

10.5 pt underdogs?

Reaction Score
Shiano destroys Army, he is 7-0 against them all time.

What does he do? Blitz.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I just checked again....line holding firm at 10. And I still don't get it.
Looks like FanDuel reduced the line to UConn +9.5.

Given the early drop to 10 points, now to 9.5, and UConn being 9-2 ATS, I wonder if Sharps pounced early on an obvious mistake. I'm told that Square money typically takes the favorite.

Reaction Score
It wasn't pretty for MTSU in 2020.
1668706343754.png

Yikes

Reaction Score
There's no thread yet for this weekend's games, but if you're not doing much, tune in W Mich v C Mich. Snowing like crazy, RBs and WRs are basically skating. Gotta love weeknight MACtion.
well it's certainly a far cry from SEC games not just in quality but weather. I can't recall snow falling for any SEC game ever if it has happened.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
What does he do? Blitz.
No offense but if you know it, I'm confident this staff knows it. Previous staffs...

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Thanks, just contacted Fanduel. This is how it works I can get Connecticut lines in NY and NJ. But while there I can;t bet teams in those states.
But it only works for you because FanDuel is legal in NY and NJ. It wouldn't work in MA.

OEX

West Campus
Reaction Score
Sporting News has UConn as their #1 upset pick at +10.5, they lead with this picture, any idea who this is?
Hard to see but the stickers are dogs.

Attachments

• 2022-11-18 (3).png
    2022-11-18 (3).png
    396.3 KB · Views: 87
Reaction Score
As we speak there isn;t a Uconn- Army line on Fanduel. Is it a case when I cross the state line that I'll be able to get it.

Yes if you log in from elsewhere and they verify your location in a state that is legal to gamble, you will see the lines available in the state. I bet UCONN last week when I was at MSU. This week I can't so my son is doing it for me. BUT, I could bet it tomorrow once I get into NY because I'm going to the game.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Yes if you log in from elsewhere and they verify your location in a state that is legal to gamble, you will see the lines available in the state. I bet UCONN last week when I was at MSU. This week I can't so my son is doing it for me. BUT, I could bet it tomorrow once I get into NY because I'm going to the game.
New York allows sports betting on in-state teams?

Reaction Score
New York allows sports betting on in-state teams?

IDK - so maybe not considering Army is in-state.

But I do know you can bet on UCONN from NY or NJ because I've done it. Army would be the disqualifier if you can't.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I wouldn't touch this game with a wooden nickel. Everything points to UConn being able to cover this number.

But until I see how UConn's staff has prepared the defenders to defend Army, I can't put any money on it. It's a tough team to prep for the first time you play them and if you prepped wrong, making in-game adjustments is real tough. I think UConn wins but if Army wins I think there's a better chance they win by 3 TD's than them winning by less than 11.

And what we are witnessing in the second half is why I wouldn't touch this game.

Once Army figures out the soft spot in the belly they keep doing what they do and UConn puckered up when the game mattered.

Reaction Score
And what we are witnessing in the second half is why I wouldn't touch this game.

Once Army figures out the soft spot in the belly they keep doing what they do and UConn puckered up when the game mattered.
Started badly, finished worse.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score

Exactly right. Miracle seasons are always built a little bit on smoke and mirrors. Army figured it out and played on our weaknesses almost to perfection. And the ref's helped.

Reaction Score
The way to beat the triple option is to hit the QB hard on every play. Wear him out slow him down. When he starts worrying about survival, he will make bad decisions and that will make the option less successful.

Schiano likes to blitz the option and he has had a very, very good record against Army.
This is what I have thought for a long time. We, under RE, BD, and now Mora, seem to not want to do that.
I'm sure they have a reason, but it hasn't worked well against the option.

Reaction Score

What does he do? Blitz.
It’s easy to defend a team that doesn’t like to throw the ball. The flip side of that is your defense needs to understand the triple option.

Reaction Score
No excuses. Blocked punt—Karatan’s been slow all season getting punts off. Twice 1st and goal on the one—and couldn't punch it in. Play calling was suspect at goal line.
Defense wore down. Key play was pass interference near end of first half. They scored when we should have had possession with enough time to score. Finally, Marion wasn’t ready to return. His 2 drops late hurt us. Our passing game was exposed. Lack of crossing routes and screens. QB is up for grabs next year. Let’s hope we have a bowl slot.

Reaction Score
No excuses. Blocked punt—Karatan’s been slow all season getting punts off. Twice 1st and goal on the one—and couldn't punch it in. Play calling was suspect at goal line.
Defense wore down. Key play was pass interference near end of first half. They scored when we should have had possession with enough time to score. Finally, Marion wasn’t ready to return. His 2 drops late hurt us. Our passing game was exposed. Lack of crossing routes and screens. QB is up for grabs next year. Let’s hope we have a bowl slot.
To be fair, the blocked punt had almost nothing to do with Karatan. The guy was untouched.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
To be fair, the blocked punt had almost nothing to do with Karatan. The guy was untouched.
Yes. The worst part was our left outside lineman and then our left outside back each moved to their right to double an Army rusher, letting him in free. It was as if he was invisible.

Reaction Score
Of course it’s not all the punter’s fault. No question the protection broke down and the snap was slow but they practice for those contingencies. it’s the extra deliberate step to the ball exhibited by Caratan all year, that —considering where he was standing —- required an extra degree of urgency that wasn’t there. As you all noted, on the next punt it wasn’t just the protection that changed—so was the punter. Later when the replacement wasn’t as effective as we needed, Caratan returned. Next year, punter needs to be a priority.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom