10-2 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

10-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Dan, it comes to a point where grammar and post length become too plentiful.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Dan, it comes to a point where grammar and post length become too plentiful.

then dont read or respond. just ignore me either easily or by function of a tool on this site.

Reaction Score
2 beautiful. i have news tho. bazz will be going pro after this year and will be a mid to late 1st rounder. so we will be adding a gaurd and 1 more this class at some point. its best for all parties no matter how the 99% here spin it. if u remember last year we had a up and down year. transfers, potential, jc and so much more. ad and lamb went pro so this got swept under the rug basically but at one point in the sping bazz had to come out and say he was coming back. everyone laughed quickly and then went on talking about scoe, ad, ao and lmb and jc and so on. completely overlooked. sometimes most dont know everything going on. bazz has turned into a very specal player and what hes doing this year is great. hes basically taking over games and turning it on when needed but also taking one for the program and developing the rest of the team with his play for 30 minutes just leading but notscoring/hogging the ball. him and boat do not fit together at alll ont he court but hes working with it and not getting wild/upset about it. not many college kids would do that. the pg class is very wak this year. uconns connections to the nba make bazz a level above most guards as the word from uconn saying hes a stud means more to the nba heads then jsut about every other schools saying they have something. also, bazz isn't growing and thats the 1 knock. its best to take $ while your hot and next year a lot of lenghtly kids will be in the draft guard wise. bazz no matter the year he had would get put down by that on lists. this is his shot and it makes sense for him and his family. it also makes sense for uconn bball. getting another pro in the nba helps on that front. but its also going to help rebuild this roster. boat playing a lot of 2 has slowly caused himself a mess. hes a 1 and as result hes forcing thigs and also hesitating at times. omar is a 2 and dd is a 3 etc etc. the end result is its good for both sides for bazz to go and he will be going pro. im very happy for him and im extremely thankful he didn't go last year. he would have been a 2nd rounder and the $ would be blah. it was a smart decision that paid off for him. i love that kid.

now, because of this i see us grabbing a guard and then either a sf or another big. we have ome guys on the radar it seems but aren't hot on many. i think ko has something up his sleve.

Dan, you're an awesome fan, and I enjoy reading your posts...

...Except this one, if true.:( Do you have anything substantial to back this up? Or is it just a gut feeling?

I think Bazz had to make an announcement last year, because of the NCAA sanctions, and the defections. I hope he ends up being a very high pick (of course, not this year:D) , but I don't know if he would get drafted first round.

Horatio

I’m Heat Miser and your Rudolph…
Reaction Score
It'll be hard to make up for the lose of Shabazz even if we bring in two more high rated recruits. As for this season I'll be happy with 20 wins. Does anyone know if we could play in any of the lesser post season tournaments (the ones that are a step down from the NIT).

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Dan, you're an awesome fan, and I enjoy reading your posts...

...Except this one, if true.:( Do you have anything substantial to back this up? Or is it just a gut feeling?

I think Bazz had to make an announcement last year, because of the NCAA sanctions, and the defections. I hope he ends up being a very high pick (of course, not this year:D) , but I don't know if he would get drafted first round.

i can't say anything 1 way or the either but can just get yelled at by ppl here over and over who dont see passed there noses. bazz had to make a announcement last year becuase he was half way out the door and came back in for a couple small but smart reasons. the result will be a huge $ raise it seems and a great year in his life overall.

It'll be hard to make up for the lose of Shabazz even if we bring in two more high rated recruits. As for this season I'll be happy with 20 wins. Does anyone know if we could play in any of the lesser post season tournaments (the ones that are a step down from the NIT).

we will be fine without bazz, thats what ppl are missing. hes a all time guy can't say enough good. but its best for the program and him to part. next year is going to be a tuff but awesome one for this program. major learning curve mixed with huge potential. i have had this class at 5 while others thought 4, now with todays wolf news i am willing to bet the class will be 6. u dont have your foot half out last year sniffing transfers and then do this and not get let go. the issue now is making sure both bazz and wolf finish classes for apr. yea, i kid not its a issue now once again. i have 100% faith in bazz doing so. i am worried about wolf as his emotional attachement to the progrma and his situation now are very different form one like bazz. i'm a bit worried.

im now thinking a guard, sf and big will be the final 3 adds this year. i think considering the way we recently lowered our standards in fball recruiting ward elooks like a huge j/a for letting kids like iverson, bell and the fsu kid off the hook. but hey, im just a drunk idiot. thats what we got for letting him do thing slow and not quick. fun times.

next year will be a lot of tril/error but also a winning year with huge potential/dreams for 2015
1-boat gets to drive the bus and his game will change a lot doing so and without bazz. those 2 can't get along on the court but its in our best interes tto do so this year. its hurtiung both of them a lot and both have been a+ citizens about it. hats off
-develope samuel
2-omar gets to play his spot. hes going to just snipe all day. vs smaller guards he will also drive more. he has dyson like potential cutting lanes. his handle will com along with moving back to the 2. he gets no handle run in practice becuase of this years sloting
-going to deveople a frish commit here also
3-dd will start and he will flourish. he needs to put on weight and also work on his handle a bit. i have faith hes going to have a monster year over the summer in the gym. he will if he wants to get drafted...
-gif will be our 6th man and hes the glue
-need a frosh recruit here or at center
4-facey will start here. hes not pt right away like other d1 kids but hes not as raw as some think. he will develope quick here and his size is needed.
-need a 2nd frosh recruit here
5-olander will start here once again. hes a 4 as i hold but its still our bes tinterest as a program. he will hopefully get some 4 run behind facey if he can not foul when one of our frosh big guys takes the 5.
-brimah will get small minutes as a frosh but could be a quick riser based on lenght alone.
-need a frosh recruit here or at sf. a juco cneter i guess should be also possible and maybe a better way to spread classes and talent levels...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom