1 Xmas present from this team. | The Boneyard

1 Xmas present from this team.

TerryBoyz

Get four fruits!
Reaction Score
We have a few days before the next game so I wanted to reflect on the season so far.

If you could get 1 wish for this team what would it be?
Some guidelines:
Be specific- avoid “ undefeated for the rest of the season”
Be respectful- we are all fans and these are student athletes.

My present would be rashool diggings to see a few more minutes so we can have another ball handler on the court.

Reaction Score
The team needs an identity. The injuries are partly to blame, but we play differently, as if we had different goals (other than winning) every game. Are we grinders trying to win with defense? Are we an up and down team? Do we want to play inside out on offense or five on the perimeter? Honestly, it seems as if we are willing to play in whatever manner that our opponent dictates on us.

We need to decide who WE are, and we need to play that way game in and game out.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Are we grinders trying to win with defense? Are we an up and down team?
Lol, I think it was Casey Jacobsen in the pregame on FS1 the other night who said that UConn wants a grind-it-out game and would seek to slow down the pace against Marquette. I screamed "Nooooooo!" because I believe we are best in transition and that we struggle mightily in half-court sets.

Agree with you 100% that it seems we allow the pace to be dictated to us, and that Hurley almost seems to accept that heading into each game.

Reaction Score
I wish that posters stop "trashing" these young players. I also wish that Adama learns to have a jump shot in close other than the hook.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
What is this, the Polar Express?

Nothing too surprising.

A reliable 2-5 3pt shooting every game for Polley
Confidence for Hawkins and Gaffney
Humility for Hurley (the coach, not the walk on player)
Full understanding of offensive sets and movement for Sanogo
Continued growth for Jackson. Really like improvement he has shown in December

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I know what I'm going to say is two things, but they really go hand in hand: great, tough defense (which we've shown for most of the year), and getting out and running off of misses. That second part has been lacking a bit lately. Andre is far and away the best player on our team at pushing the ball down the court off of defensive stops. I'm hoping that he and Tyrese can lead the charge to get some easy points that way.

Reaction Score
Agree with you 100% that it seems we allow the pace to be dictated to us, and that Hurley almost seems to accept that heading into each game.
Ironically with the Marquette game, despite Dan saying we'd play fast pregame, we actually dictated the pace and slowed the game down on them. It didn't seem that way watching it live, so I may be wrong. But we dropped around 20 spots in pace while playing the team who was #7 so my assumption is we must have slowed them down

Reaction Score
What is this, the Polar Express?

Nothing too surprising.

A reliable 2-5 3pt shooting every game for Polley
Confidence for Hawkins and Gaffney
Humility for Hurley (the coach, not the walk on player)
Full understanding of offensive sets and movement for Sanogo
Continued growth for Jackson. Really like improvement he has shown in December
And a partridge in a pear tree

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
The team needs an identity. The injuries are partly to blame, but we play differently, as if we had different goals (other than winning) every game. Are we grinders trying to win with defense? Are we an up and down team? Do we want to play inside out on offense or five on the perimeter? Honestly, it seems as if we are willing to play in whatever manner that our opponent dictates on us.

We need to decide who WE are, and we need to play that way game in and game out.
Well said! Act..........Don't react.

Reaction Score
I wish for Jordan Hawkins to get untracked and look like the confident, developing player we saw for the first 35+ minutes of the Auburn game again.
Bingo.
This team is another consistent outside shooter away from being real good. Off the bench or starting is irrelevant.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom