#1 South Carolina vs #1 Stanford - 4/02/21 | Page 16 | The Boneyard

#1 South Carolina vs #1 Stanford - 4/02/21

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
Great game all around. Both teams made some great plays. I agree those were two big no calls in Stanford's favor but SC had a great shot at the end that just didn't go in. Feel bad for Boston and SC but have to be happy for Stanford.

Reaction Score
You know why NONE of the players or coaches reacted to the kicked ball...even though they were closer than the refs? Because it wasn't that obvious in real-time. Even the announcer wasn't certain until the...wait for it...REPLAY in slow motion.

Reaction Score
Not sure about the last second TO by Brink. Hard to hang on the the ball when two people smash into you for a sandwich play. Brink shoulda gone to the line there. But hey that’s just me.

Considering she committed her 7th and 8th fouls, both intentional, a few possessions before I think we can let it slide.

Reaction Score
Not sure about the last second TO by Brink. Hard to hang on the the ball when two people smash into you for a sandwich play. Brink shoulda gone to the line there. But hey that’s just me.
Not just you. Looked like SC was trying to use their last foul.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Also, really glad we picked up the win. Maybe the SC fans there can learn to be classy on the way home.
Leadership starts at the top; when your coach crows about Mythical National Championships, it doesn't inspire humility among the troops. Say what you will about Tara, but she is always extremely complimentary of others and humble about her own team and its successes, win or lose. She's come a long, long way since the "5 Nykesha Sales" era. =)

Reaction Score
Unless Dawn can bring in a consistent outside shooter, and a stretch four player so Boston can get back down in the low post I can’t see this SC team winning a championship.
Weird to say that after we just lost to Stanford by a single point on a last second miss in a game officiated by Tara VanDerveer’s friends and family.

if it makes you feel any better, we’ve got the c/o ‘21’s national POY, and she can shoot a little bit.

Reaction Score
Considering she committed her 7th and 8th fouls, both intentional, a few possessions before I think we can let it slide.
I was rooting fir SC, but in hindsight the non call on that foul by Brink was to SC’s advantage, in hindsight after went in. Also many moving screens by Boston seemed uncalled to me. Still, tough way to lose. Seemed like a replay of the last second loss to UConn.

Reaction Score
Leadership starts at the top; when your coach crows about Mythical National Championships, it doesn't inspire humility among the troops. Say what you will about Tara, but she is always extremely complimentary of others and humble about her own team and its successes, win or lose. She's come a long, long way since the "5 Nykesha Sales" era. =)

What a win my fellow Card =))))

Reaction Score
I was rooting fir SC, but in hindsight the non call on that foul by Brink was to SC’s advantage, in hindsight after went in. Also many moving screens by Boston seemed uncalled to me. Still, tough way to lose. Seemed like a replay of the last second loss to UConn.

I'm not contesting the outcome or blaming the refs, I'm just not hearing it about how the calls went our way.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
.... Just when I was about to root for Stanford in the final. Yuck. Congrats on the win.

TheFarmFan

Reaction Score
.... Just when I was about to root for Stanford in the final. Yuck. Congrats on the win.
Listen, I respect Dawn a ton - a ton. I've rooted for her both as a player and as a coach. And her outspokenness about women's sports and racial equality issues is a huge asset to WCBB. But claiming a national championship last year when everyone knows there are no guarantees in March really, really rubbed me (and so many other people) the wrong way. Tell me one other sport where the team ranked number one when the season got cut short due to Covid put up a national champion banner. I can't think of one.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Unless Dawn can bring in a consistent outside shooter, and a stretch four player so Boston can get back down in the low post I can’t see this SC team winning a championship.

They absolutely could've won it all this year...they were last second layups away from beating both Stanford and UCONN this season, and those two likely compete for a title on Sunday. SC returns everyone next year and bring in a loaded class too, they'll be in the mix next year.

Reaction Score
Listen, I respect Dawn a ton - a ton. I've rooted for her both as a player and as a coach. And her outspokenness about women's sports and racial equality issues is a huge asset to WCBB. But claiming a national championship last year when everyone knows there are no guarantees in March really, really rubbed me (and so many other people) the wrong way. Tell me one other sport where the team ranked number one when the season got cut short due to Covid put up a national champion banner. I can't think of one.
I go back and forth on Dawn and it has zero to do with the small rivalry SC and MSU had during our peak. Dawn is a leader in the sport and has brought a lot of positive attention to the game. The banner and carrying on about the missed championship got on my nerves because everyone was in the same boat. I also think she's improved as a coach but still is behind the top 3 or 4.

Reaction Score
Noone claimed it the banner clearly says No.1 ranked team...which was true it doesn't state national champs...they were the no 1 team at the end of last season. I've said it before Im no fan of the banner as it just oozes little brother syndrome, however I respect the AD and dawn for hanging it and memorializing the team for a great accomplishment

TheFarmFan

Reaction Score
I go back and forth on Dawn and it has zero to do with the small rivalry SC and MSU had during our peak. Dawn is a leader in the sport and has brought a lot of positive attention to the game. The banner and carrying on about the missed championship got on my nerves because everyone was in the same boat. I also think she's improved as a coach but still is behind the top 3 or 4.
Totally. And she is generally totally classy - she just stopped when she realized it was the last question to stop and thank everyone involved in organizing and hosting this tournament, the state troopers, fans in San Antonio, etc.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom