#1 and #2 Seed Discussion | Page 2 | The Boneyard

#1 and #2 Seed Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So We get the best 2 seed by far because ratings? Swap UNC with Tenn and I’ll live with it.

I just don’t want UNC/ISU as our 2 or Auburn/UK as our 4. Don’t care who the 3 is.
What is the concern with UNC?

They looked terrible when we played earlier this year. Think we beat them easily even without our A game.

Reaction Score
East: UConn / UNC / Baylor / Kansas
Midwest: Purdue / Marquette/ Duke / Auburn
South: Houston / Tenn / Creighton / Alabama
West: Iowa St / Arizona / Illinois / Kentucky
This is my concern and also my expectation (not what should happen, but what is likely to happen).

Reaction Score
Just did my final personal bracket projection. This is how it broke down for me:

East: 1. (1) UConn, 2. (6) Tennessee, 3. (12) Duke, 4. (15) Kansas

South: 1. (2) Houston, 2. (8) Marquette, 3. (9) Illinois, 4. (14) Kentucky

Midwest: 1. (3) Purdue, 2. (5) Iowa State, 3. (11) Creighton, 4. (13) Auburn

West: 1. (4) North Carolina, 2. (7) Arizona, 3. (10) Baylor, 4. (16) Alabama

It's not necessarily what I think, but more how I think the committee will do things. We know they don't account much for the final day or two of conference tournaments, thus Auburn still on the 4 line and Iowa State still a 2.

My full bracket is below, in case anyone is intrigued. I've gone 67/68 the last two years and generally don't have teams off by more than one seed line.

Reaction Score
This is my concern and also my expectation (not what should happen, but what is likely to happen).
And yet some of those teams will be gone after the first weekend. There's always a region that gets wiped out early.

Reaction Score
Under the premise that UNC is a 2 seed, the only way we avoid them is if we are the #1 overall and they #5 on the S Curve. I am not certain of both things being true.
I think that’s exactly what will happen. We are #1 overall and if UNC falls to a 2 seed they’ll be #5 overall

Reaction Score
Our 2 seed and 3 seed matters, but keep in mind that they need to knock one another out before potentially facing us. Our 4 seed is probably the most important. Say a prayer that it's Kansas because they are getting bounced immediately

Reaction Score
No matter who we get in our bracket people are gonna complain that we got screwed. We are (in my opinion) 8-10 points better than any of the other 1 or 2 seeds if we play “average”. If we bring our A game and shoot it well we will beat every team we play by 20+. Just line them up any way you want, I don’t really care who it is, we are locked in.

Reaction Score
What is the concern with UNC?

They looked terrible when we played earlier this year. Think we beat them easily even without our A game.
I’m not necessarily worried about ISU either they only go 7 deep with no backcourt depth but it’s the principle we shouldn’t be matched up with the best 2 seed.

I’m probably most worried about Tennessee actually because knecht can go for 40 and they play good D

Reaction Score
Our 2 seed and 3 seed matters, but keep in mind that they need to knock one another out before potentially facing us. Our 4 seed is probably the most important. Say a prayer that it's Kansas because they are getting bounced immediately
Anyone but Auburn they are closer to a 2 seed than a 4 seed imo

Reaction Score
I think that’s exactly what will happen. We are #1 overall and if UNC falls to a 2 seed they’ll be #5 overall
I have Tenn at 5 and UNC at 6.

Reaction Score
I have Tenn at 5 and UNC at 6.
we shouldnt be matched up with either we should get #8 and if that's marquette we should get #7. we shouldnt get #5 or #6 b/c zona gets to play in the west that would be utter B S

Reaction Score
we shouldnt be matched up with either we should get #8 and if that's marquette we should get #7. we shouldnt get #5 or #6 b/c zona gets to play in the west that would be utter B S
I want Arizona in our bracket. I really think it should be true S-curve, especially since the Arizona will get preference for the first weekend.

Ultimately, I think the only changes to the S-Curve should be to avoid conference matchups when possible and early-round re-matches.

1v8, 2v7, 3v6, 4v5 should be the Regional Finals with the 1 seed alone having regional preference.

But, again, let's see who even gets there (including us, NCAAs are nuts).

pj

Reaction Score
Auburn is ahead of Tennessee for a #2 seed from the SEC. I'd put Iowa State as the last 1 seed but I could see Auburn. UNC or Arizona would be next on my list.

Reaction Score
I want Arizona in our bracket. I really think it should be true S-curve, especially since the Arizona will get preference for the first weekend.

Ultimately, I think the only changes to the S-Curve is to avoid conference matchups when possible and early-round re-matches.

1v8, 2v7, 3v6, 4v5 should be the Regional Finals with the 1 seed alone having regional preference.

But, again, let's see who even gets there (including us, NCAAs are nuts).
they prioritize location over the S curve for the top 2 seeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom