1-14 from the arc | Page 2 | The Boneyard

1-14 from the arc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Overall though UConn has gone from a solid shooting team to a below average shooting team. I wonder how much is based on the line, recruiting, philosophy or what?

I think you can chalk it up to recruiting/philosophy. JC was enamored recently with the freak athletes who didn't necessarily have the best pure basketball skills. This was especially the case for guys recruited post-2003, when he emphasized size at the 3/4/5.

When you consider the guys who played the 2 and the 3 in our "good shooting" era, who were they? BG, Rashad, Denham, Caron, Rudy. These were all guys who were highly skilled basketball players.

Fast forward to the 2006-present period, you see a lot more guys like Dyson, Robinson, Roscoe, Daniels, players with better raw physical attributes but less basketball skill. There's also the fact that even our smaller guards, Austrie, Kemba, Bazz, and Boat in the recent era, have not been great outside shooters when you look at the percentages.

Side note: I still don't understand how the 2004 team lost 6 games in the regular season. They should have gone about 36-2.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Donnell Beverly was an excellent 3 point shooter but didn't get enough minutes to really be relevant in this disucssion.

caw

Reaction Score
I think you can chalk it up to recruiting/philosophy. JC was enamored recently with the freak athletes who didn't necessarily have the best pure basketball skills. This was especially the case for guys recruited post-2003, when he emphasized size at the 3/4/5.

When you consider the guys who played the 2 and the 3 in our "good shooting" era, who were they? BG, Rashad, Denham, Caron, Rudy. These were all guys who were highly skilled basketball players.

Fast forward to the 2006-present period, you see a lot more guys like Dyson, Robinson, Roscoe, Daniels, players with better raw physical attributes but less basketball skill. There's also the fact that even our smaller guards, Austrie, Kemba, Bazz, and Boat in the recent era, have not been great outside shooters when you look at the percentages.

Side note: I still don't understand how the 2004 team lost 6 games in the regular season. They should have gone about 36-2.

I wonder how much is the fact the "shooters" UConn recruited, didn't pan out and transferred out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom