…another portal question | The Boneyard

…another portal question

Reaction Score
What BE players would you give a waiver too to fill some spots. I was thinking about Moore and Freemantle. Just off the top of my head and if the eligibility is there. If this is an inappropriate post pardon me mediator. Take it down.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Dixon, Abass, Davis, Hausen, other Davis.

Some of those guys are probably out of eligibility, but I think that’s the list.

Reaction Score
Hausen would be an all conference player under Hurley

Well let’s not get crazy. There’s about of people here who complain about Spencer’s ability to guard people well they’d absolutely crap themselves watching this guy. He makes Cam look like Ricky Moore and does none of the things off his man that Cam does. He can shoot no doubt but he’s Joey Calcaterra at best. Think we can and should do better.

Reaction Score
Well let’s not get crazy. There’s about of people here who complain about Spencer’s ability to guard people well they’d absolutely crap themselves watching this guy. He makes Cam look like Ricky Moore and does none of the things off his man that Cam does. He can shoot no doubt but he’s Joey Calcaterra at best. Think we can and should do better.
I don’t have the stats in front of me but Hausen as a sophomore probably scored around the same as Joey did as a 5th year senior and shot similar %s. With 2-3 years in a Hurley system, I’m very confident he’d be one of the conference’s biggest shooting threats while being coached on defense to at least give full effort and get a few stops here and there

The way that guy moves, gets open, and hits shots with a half empty sack of potatoes on the sideline is super impressive

But yeah I agree, if we’re chasing transfers then I’d also prefer someone with more experience that can plug into that role faster

Reaction Score
I don’t have the stats in front of me but Hausen as a sophomore probably scored around the same as Joey did as a 5th year senior and shot similar %s. With 2-3 years in a Hurley system, I’m very confident he’d be one of the conference’s biggest shooting threats while being coached on defense to at least give full effort and get a few stops here and there

The way that guy moves, gets open, and hits shots with a half empty sack of potatoes on the sideline is super impressive

But yeah I agree, if we’re chasing transfers then I’d also prefer someone with more experience that can plug into that role faster

By the way we won a NC with Joey C so if a guy like Hausen is a piece then that’s a good thing. But it looks like we need more of an overall impact guy next year based on our losses again.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
While true, after watching a lot of Nova basketball this year it is also fair to wonder if his lack of defensive ability is the coaching and not so much a reflection of what he could be…

Reaction Score
If Miller ends up leaving Xavier, I suspect they have a lot of turnover. Would Desmond Claude be a take? He passes the eye test for me, but 20% from three is ugly.

Reaction Score
We will need an aircraft carrier. It's unlikely we will get one with Clingan's skill set but we still need one even if it is a poor man's DC.

Reaction Score
We will need an aircraft carrier. It's unlikely we will get one with Clingan's skill set but we still need one even if it is a poor man's DC.

Yeah, guys like DC do not end up in the portal. I like Samson and think he will improve a bunch, and I love sticking with two bigs that allow us to play different styles. Bring us the Yale kid.

Reaction Score
While true, after watching a lot of Nova basketball this year it is also fair to wonder if his lack of defensive ability is the coaching and not so much a reflection of what he could be…

He has slow feet so while I’d like to blame the coach there’s some things you can’t teach. But the kid can shoot and you can’t teach that either.

Reaction Score
Not Big East, but former Big East. I'd take Lukosius from the wasteland that is Cincy. Comp to Karaban, so maybe after next year if AK is back.

Reaction Score
If Miller ends up leaving Xavier, I suspect they have a lot of turnover. Would Desmond Claude be a take? He passes the eye test for me, but 20% from three is ugly.
Claude would be off to the NBA if he had a jump shot.

Reaction Score
Yeah, guys like DC do not end up in the portal. I like Samson and think he will improve a bunch, and I love sticking with two bigs that allow us to play different styles. Bring us the Yale kid.
I've never seen the Yale kid play but several boneyarders who watched him said he looks awful.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom