“We Want UCONN.” | Page 3 | The Boneyard

“We Want UCONN.”

Reaction Score
Good. I love it! This should be one of the best games in the tournament this year. Every college basketball fan should want and be excited for this matchup

Reaction Score
I'm trying to follow the logic here.

So most people look down on the school and go elsewhere (maybe true), but we have a big alumni base, but everyone else doesn't care?

lol it's almost literally the exact opposite. We have more non-alumni fans than maybe any other school.
Whoa, no school comes close to Notre Dame's non-alumni fanbase.

Reaction Score
I'm trying to follow the logic here.

So most people look down on the school and go elsewhere (maybe true), but we have a big alumni base, but everyone else doesn't care?

lol it's almost literally the exact opposite. We have more non-alumni fans than maybe any other school.
Duke beats us on that. Gonzaga has climbed up that list as well. But yeah.

This is very clearly someone who went to college or last interacted with the process in the mid-to-late 90s. By the time I graduated high school (2002) the perception was starting to change. It was true at one point, but not really any more.

Reaction Score
Some people don’t follow basketball until the tourney plus there’s a lot of jealousy out there.
People forget that ultimately college basketball is a relatively niche interest. That "niche" support in Connecticut is very high relatively to the rest of the country (probably below only the states of North Carolina, Kentucky, and Kansas, maybe Indiana). But the nature of that sort of fandom is that normies don't always know these things.

Reaction Score
Duke beats us on that. Gonzaga has climbed up that list as well. But yeah.

This is very clearly someone who went to college or last interacted with the process in the mid-to-late 90s. By the time I graduated high school (2002) the perception was starting to change. It was true at one point, but not really any more.
It just blows my mind that people don't understand how UConn is Connecticut's "pro" team.

Everyone in the state is a UConn fan because UConn is the entity that uniquely represents all of us. It's one of our main sources of pride, whether we attended the school or not.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
wish-1.jpg

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I still have a feeling they're feeding us false intel, trying to get us to believe something that makes no logical sense, just to catch us in a trap.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom