“UConn isn’t Dominant, They’re Just LUCKY” | Page 2 | The Boneyard

“UConn isn’t Dominant, They’re Just LUCKY”

Reaction Score
Being dominant and being lucky aren't mutually exclusive. Both are true for UConn so far. UConn was lucky that some of their perceived toughest opposition got taken out before UConn had to play them; at the same time, UConn has dominated the teams that they have had to play.
Not so sure that all the 1,2,3, seeds were eliminated by luck. They lost to a better team at that moment in that game. It's the purpose of single elimination game tournament. May be UConn is lucky that there was no injuries unlike the UConn women team who had major injuries.

Reaction Score
OK, you win, once we win the trophy tonight, we will hand it over to Purdue, Houston, Kansas or Alabama because according to F68 one of them should have won it. As stated above, you actually win it by defeating the team you are scheduled to play. We didn't make the brackets or choose our opponents, but so far, only San Diego State and us have actually done it. I will celebrate our championship with great glee and not have a single doubt that we were the best team in the entire tournament. GO HUSKIES

Reaction Score
They aren't butthurt because we've been winning. They're butthurt because we've been dominating, and that blows up the misconceptions that they carry into every lazy analysis they do.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Being dominant and being lucky aren't mutually exclusive. Both are true for UConn so far. UConn was lucky that some of their perceived toughest opposition got taken out before UConn had to play them; at the same time, UConn has dominated the teams that they have had to play.

Yup, that's the way it goes sometimes. We avoided Kansas, which is "lucky" but that same Kansas team lost to Arkansas, a team that we absolutely obliterated. Same thing with Miami; they beat Houston and Texas. If we barely snuck by against them, I could see the luck argument holding water, but the reality is we're blowing out whomever lines up in front of us. Maybe Houston or Texas or Kansas should have considered attempting to win by a lot of points like we did?

Reaction Score
Yup, that's the way it goes sometimes. We avoided Kansas, which is "lucky" but that same Kansas team lost to Arkansas, a team that we absolutely obliterated. Same thing with Miami; they beat Houston and Texas. If we barely snuck by against them, I could see the luck argument holding water, but the reality is we're blowing out whomever lines up in front of us. Maybe Houston or Texas or Kansas should have considered attempting to win by a lot of points like we did?
I am going to be honest. I was not thinking UConn lucked into playing Miami whatsoever. When Miami came back to beat Texas and when they carved up Houston's defense in the Sweet 16 I didn't think "great UConn gets to play Miami". I know Texas and Houston would've had homecourt, but Miami's offense scared the hell out of me the way San Diego State's defense does (especially if they are allowed to do what they did against Creighton).

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score

This should be the comeback vs. anyone who plays the "Luck" card.

Who would beat UConn up to this point?
Houston, Purdue, Kansas, Texas, UCLA, Arizona, Baylor, Duke, etc., etc., so on, and so forth.

Well they should have considered not losing already.

Reaction Score
Miami destroyed Houston and Indiana. Arkansas probably has more first round picks than anyone and went to the Elite 8 the previous seasons. Gonzaga has the #1 offense. They are all really good teams. We're crushing the field like few teams have ever done in the tournament. People who don't like UConn will try and spin it whichever way they want to. The reality is every fanbase in America is jealous of what we have. We're going for our 5th national championship in the last 24 NCAA tournaments with our third coach, it's unprecedented in modern college basketball.

Reaction Score
The team the worried me the most was Creighton. I think UConn beats whoever they play, but I didn't want them to have to play a conference opponent that is familiar with them.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
All the teams we beat were "tough" and a "challenge" pregame. Now post-game, they've all turned to paper-mache? Get out of here with that.

Reaction Score
I think it’s harder to beat really good teams seeded 3-8 and win a championship, than it is to lose to really good teams seeded 5-8 in R32 or S16, but that’s just my personal opinion

Reaction Score
It's just sad. Like the Cuse board.

Not for nothing - I thought the initial draw was awful for UConn. For a team that went undefeated in the OOC with no wins less than double digits - including Alabama - plus the kenpom metrics and polling... a 4 seed was low.

Iona with a HOF coach basically playing a home game. If there was a game set up for us to get caught, it was right there.

St Mary's/VCU was always going to be a "whatever" game regardless.

Arkansas was a legit good team with a legit good coach. Who also happened to knock off another really good team.

I don't get it - is Gonzaga a historically good NCAA tournament program - only until they lose? And then they were overrated?

Miami was a legit team...as is any team coming through in the Final Four. I didn't hear their "easy road" argument when they got Drake, an overrated IU team, and a hobbled and overrated Houston team.

I didn't hear the "easy road" argument for FAU who didn't see a 1 or 2 seed and got to play a 16.

These arguments are dumb. The NCAA tournament is the best in sports for this exact reason. You have no idea who's going to show up on what day and what happens. The "best" teams in the country lose to "lucky" teams all the time. It's part of the deal.

The only words on the banners in Gampel are "National Champions" - who you beat to get there is irrelevant. 40 more minutes.

This will not be easy.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I don't get it - is Gonzaga a historically good NCAA tournament program - only until they lose? And then they were overrated?
Many pundits were calling the Zags previous game "a battle of the heavyweights" with the winner being a potential champ. Now their getting drilled was inevitable?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Does anyone care what a bunch of out of shape sports journalists say? Pontificating things that they hope will stick somewhere/sometime?
Journalists since 1960, my God, the dregs of the world.
It pleases me to no end that these jerks consider UConn to be the ugly step sister.
I know that the ugly step sister has beaten more beauty queens and won more titles than anyone of the glamour queens in the last 25 years.
One more crown tonight

Reaction Score
I really like F68 the last couple years, still do, and definitely will, but I think I've OD'd on content because I am cringing 1/2 the time the last few days. I won't blame it all on them, I definitely recognize there is a "me" component to this, and that component is I've personally reached saturation point.

It's hard to hold against them when they are delivering at least 4 hours of content daily for the last few weeks. That's a lot of time to fill and remain sane (or interesting).

They are terrible at trolling. That's fine, I don't listen to them for that anyway. Goodman provides no value to anything, anywhere.

The one thing I will always maintain is that Goodman sucks. TO is great. Dauster is good (and gets an elevation for being as crazy a Husky fan as all of us) , they get good guests, do a good job and I like Fanta. Greg Waddell is what Imus would call an "empty suit" . Zero value there.

A very annoying thing is their production values are pretty sloppy. Mics not working, mic levels set wrong, sloppy edits coming in an out of the commercial bumpers.... etc....etc.....

Plus there are 409 times per show where all 4 people are eating their microphones and all screaming at the same time. Digital distortion. It hurts.
Terrence Oglesby is so good. Really knows his stuff and seems like such a good guy.

Reaction Score
media always tries to down play when the mid majors make a run. its sick. go huskies!
Yeah UCLA did try to make a run this year but alas, the slipper didn’t quite fit for Cinderella. They and Arizona came up just a bit shy but that little conference should keep trying, maybe someday they’ll get to hang w the big boys.

Reaction Score
This should be the comeback vs. anyone who plays the "Luck" card.

Who would beat UConn up to this point?
Houston, Purdue, Kansas, Texas, UCLA, Arizona, Baylor, Duke, etc., etc., so on, and so forth.

Well they should have considered not losing already.
Not sure if its in the video above but Goodman said something to the effect "Uconn hasnt played any of the big boys" and was asked who the big boys were and after some hesitation he threw out Alabama and Houston. Yeah the same Alabama team Uconn beat by 15 and the same team that beat Houston. The desperation of the haters is incredible. All we`re going to here from them after this tourney if Uconn wins is that they had the easiest road avoiding all the tough teams. They couldnt beat us so they have to downplay us. Meh! Ill take chip #5.

Reaction Score
Not so sure that all the 1,2,3, seeds were eliminated by luck. They lost to a better team at that moment in that game. It's the purpose of single elimination game tournament. May be UConn is lucky that there was no injuries unlike the UConn women team who had major injuries.
And maybe the committee did a bad job with their seedings????

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
I learned in 2011 that you can't argue with subjective opinions about whether or not "the best team won". Maybe the best team doesn't always win, but you know who does? The winner, that's who.

Reaction Score
It's just sad. Like the Cuse board.

Not for nothing - I thought the initial draw was awful for UConn. For a team that went undefeated in the OOC with no wins less than double digits - including Alabama - plus the kenpom metrics and polling... a 4 seed was low.

Iona with a HOF coach basically playing a home game. If there was a game set up for us to get caught, it was right there.

St Mary's/VCU was always going to be a "whatever" game regardless.

Arkansas was a legit good team with a legit good coach. Who also happened to knock off another really good team.

Miami was a legit team...as is any team coming through in the Final Four. I didn't hear their "easy road" argument when they got Drake, an overrated IU team, and a hobbled and overrated Houston team.

I didn't hear the "easy road" argument for FAU who didn't see a 1 or 2 seed and got to play a 16.

These arguments are dumb. The NCAA tournament is the best in sports for this exact reason. You have no idea who's going to show up on what day and what happens. The "best" teams in the country lose to "lucky" teams all the time. It's part of the deal.

The only words on the banners in Gampel are "National Champions" - who you beat to get there is irrelevant. 40 more minutes.

This will not be easy.
You are spot on!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom