“UConn isn’t Dominant, They’re Just LUCKY” | The Boneyard

“UConn isn’t Dominant, They’re Just LUCKY”

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
Interesting debate from the panel. They reminded me of the Syracuse fans. Seemed rather salty. I agree with Fanta that last night against Miami was a B game and we coulda really hammered them a lot worse.

Reaction Score
Regarding this segment:

They don't do it well at all. I get that some of it must be trolling but that cheapens the whole thing IMO. It's this type of stuff that makes so much of ESPN unwatchable these days. Field of 68 is great when they're talking hoops and having fun with each other but this manufactured Bayless/Stephen A. type stuff doesn't work well on the podcast IMO.

Reaction Score
Field of 68 podcast is so annoying the way they seem to be distracted by things off camera and just the overall banter between the guys.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Field of 68 podcast is so annoying the way they seem to be distracted by things off camera and just the overall banter between the guys.
You can tell they’re usually just scrolling instead of listening to their co hosts. I stopped watching their stuff awhile ago, just bad content imo.

Reaction Score
That conversation was utterly….UTTERLY ludicrous. For so many reasons and I don’t have time to get into it. If you watch or are a fan of college basketball in any form, you can name every reason why.

Field of 68 was cool, for a little. I’ll tune them out from now on when I want college basketball entertainment.

Ridiculous.

Reaction Score
They don't do it well at all. I get that some of it must be trolling but that cheapens the whole thing IMO. It's this type of stuff that makes so much of ESPN unwatchable these days. Field of 68 is great when they're talking hoops and having fun with each other but this manufactured Bayless/Stephen A. type stuff doesn't work well on the podcast IMO.
Virtually all of sports journalism is unwatchable / unlistenable these days. If it isn't idiotic trolling like this, or Twitter level garbage, its point spreads and gambling. Utterly terrible. I can barely stand to read the amateur sports blogs at FanSided and SB Nation for my favorite pro teams. Its the same garbage there, too

Reaction Score
Another set of tools. This Husky team doesn't have to play 2018 Villanova. Did this clowns say anything about the game in front of them? Fooey.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

I tweeted pretty much exactly this thing at Dauster yesterday. I really enjoy the podcast, but when they try to do the sensational crap like this it cheapens all the other stuff. If I wanted to listen to hot takes that don't mean much I'd go watch Stephen A and Mad Dog, they're better at bringing content with entertainment but little content.

Reaction Score
You can only beat who you play. It's not our fault Kansas couldn't get it done against Arkansas. It's not our fault neither Houston nor Texas could get it done against Miami. We've taken care of business and then some against who we've faced.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

I really like F68 the last couple years, still do, and definitely will, but I think I've OD'd on content because I am cringing 1/2 the time the last few days. I won't blame it all on them, I definitely recognize there is a "me" component to this, and that component is I've personally reached saturation point.

It's hard to hold against them when they are delivering at least 4 hours of content daily for the last few weeks. That's a lot of time to fill and remain sane (or interesting).

They are terrible at trolling. That's fine, I don't listen to them for that anyway. Goodman provides no value to anything, anywhere.

The one thing I will always maintain is that Goodman sucks. TO is great. Dauster is good (and gets an elevation for being as crazy a Husky fan as all of us) , they get good guests, do a good job and I like Fanta. Greg Waddell is what Imus would call an "empty suit" . Zero value there.

A very annoying thing is their production values are pretty sloppy. Mics not working, mic levels set wrong, sloppy edits coming in an out of the commercial bumpers.... etc....etc.....

Plus there are 409 times per show where all 4 people are eating their microphones and all screaming at the same time. Digital distortion. It hurts.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Play the opponent in front of you.. Its why they play the game..

As Coach Wooden once said .."Respect every opponent but fear none."

Reaction Score
Sometimes you’re lucky. Sometimes you’re unlucky. That’s tournament play. The breaks tend to even out over time. For every 2011, 2014, and 2023 tournament with strong contenders losing early, you have the flip side of the coin. Losing on a buzzer beater against Duke in 1990. Losing to Florida and Mississippi State in 1994 and 1996 as clearly the better team. Being seeded as a #2 in the same region as UCLA in 1995, and giving them their toughest test. Being seeded with North Carolina and having to play them in the regionals in North Carolina in 1998. Being seeded with Maryland in 2002 and arguably giving them their toughest test. Losing to George Mason in 2006 as clearly the better team. Having to play Michigan State in the Final Four in Michigan in 2009. The haters like to play the “luck” card one way, but are purposely blind to these types of things.

Reaction Score
I've never been one of those "I hope so and so comes back from his injury, I want to beat their best team." guys. Quite the opposite. I want my opponent as weak as possible and also don't care about being lucky or unlucky. Just win the game. No one except die-hard fans will remember the details of the game, just the name of the team that wins it.

Reaction Score
Being dominant and being lucky aren't mutually exclusive. Both are true for UConn so far. UConn was lucky that some of their perceived toughest opposition got taken out before UConn had to play them; at the same time, UConn has dominated the teams that they have had to play.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
media always tries to down play when the mid majors make a run. its sick. go huskies!

Reaction Score
This is the most dominant team in basketball since that 2021 Baylor team.

Reaction Score
If anything UConn was unlucky it lost 8 games.
Agreed. UConn's "Luck" statistic was one of the worst in the country (ranked 300+). UConn is not an 8-loss team based on its talent level and how it performed this season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom