“Storrs Central” | The Boneyard

“Storrs Central”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score

Is anyone seeing this? UConn twitter personalities are claiming they’re coming together to create a fan site that will contribute all proceeds to UConn NIL.

Doubt it gains enough support to really compete with the boneyard, but thought it worth mentioning.

Perhaps a new Boneyard NIL collective using the same subscription model is in order?

Reaction Score
Yeah not really sure what the aim is. It looks like a fan forum but with some kind of NIL backing. I’m gonna guess it’s the boneyard for the millennial crowd…although some of us do exist :)

Reaction Score
It's an interesting idea, though I don't think you could pay me to read UConn Twitter's opinions let alone make me pay to see them
The twitter model doesn't appeal to me either. Apparently there are other worlds of UConn fandom beyond the yard. I'll take 4 paragraph, drunk, impulsive, BY posts over blurbs every day of the week.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
Here to extend an olive branch (and if its not kosher I understand)

The Twitter folk didn't create this but we are supporting it. The folks behind this are the same folks behind Bleeding Blue for Good - and I think they have really done a great job so far of getting student athletes involved in the community while also connecting them with NIL opportunities.

We are trying to get the word out because we want UConn Athletics to be successful, and we think this can help.

There is going to be more to this than just a message board, and as far as I am concerned I dont see why you would have to leave the Boneyard to join.

Were all UConn fans and just want to see these programs remain at a championship level. Hope to see a lot of you over there.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
I guess I'm part of a small crew that is a regular on the Boneyard and on Twitter... I'll be over on the new Storrs Central site too.

I'm a UConn fan and believe their is plenty of space for everyone on the here, there and the other place. Plus, I appreciate the different perspectives on the different platforms.

Anyways, the Storrs Central fan forum will be a small part of what the monthly subscription cover, which will all go directly to BBFG NIL. The site will also have exclusive content (blogs, videos, newsletters, etc.) from the guys who run the UConn blog, Storrs Central YouTube channel and various UConn Newsletters (The Fast Break Newsletter is their MBB one, if you are familiar).

Their writers will now be able to get better media access to players and coaches with the BBFG connections to help bring subscribers more exclusive behind the scenes content on the team, recruiting, etc.

I hope to see everyone over there, and of course I'll still be a regular (and paid subscriber - don't tell my wife I pay for the Boneyard lol) here on the yard.

I'll be going by my Twitter persona Mediocre Dan on the Storrs Central site.

Long live the Boneyard and Go Huskies!

Feel free to PM me if you have questions. And Tom, sorry if this post is not allowed!

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I guess I'm part of a small crew that is a regular on the Boneyard and on Twitter... I'll be over on the new Storrs Central site too.

I'm a UConn fan and believe their is plenty of space for everyone on the here, there and the other place. Plus, I appreciate the different perspectives on the different platforms.

Anyways, the Storrs Central fan forum will be a small part of what the monthly subscription cover, which will all go directly to BBFG NIL. The site will also have exclusive content (blogs, videos, newsletters, etc.) from the guys who run the UConn blog, Storrs Central YouTube channel and various UConn Newsletters (The Fast Break Newsletter is their MBB one, if you are familiar).

Their writers will now be able to get better media access to players and coaches with the BBFG connections to help bring subscribers more exclusive behind the scenes content on the team, recruiting, etc.

I hope to see everyone over there, and of course I'll still be a regular (and paid subscriber - don't tell my wife I pay for the Boneyard lol) here on the yard.

I'll be going by my Twitter persona Mediocre Dan on the Storrs Central site.

Long live the Boneyard and Go Huskies!

Feel free to PM me if you have questions. And Tom, sorry if this post is not allowed!

I'll support BBfG efforts, but not their forums. Please do not use this site to promote anything other than their content (articles).

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Hello friends!

This is Jared Thomas, the Executive Director for Bleeding Blue for Good. I want to make one thing very clear:

We love and respect the Boneyard and we love and respect Tom. We are in no way trying to compete against Tom.

What we DO need to do is come together as a fanbase in the wild landscape of collegiate athletics that currently exists. We created Bleeding Blue for Good and we've raised well into the seven figures--money that has been used entirely to continue putting the best possible product on the basketball courts (Men's and Women's) while supporting numerous deserving Connecticut charities. In the near future you will see that money used to put the best possible product on the football field.

Love it, hate it, ambivalent to it, this is what college athletics currently is. And if we want to hunt down Championship numbers 6, 7, 8 (MBB) and 12, 13, 14 (WBB), it's literally going to take every single one of us. If we want to return our football program to where it belongs, it's literally going to take every single one of us.

SO -- Ignore the forum. We're not trying to disrupt the status quo. We ARE trying to raise as much money to support the NIL effort as we possibly can. Whether you use the forums or not, our behind-the-scenes coverage of your favorite teams that will be posted daily/weekly as articles and videos will be coverage that you're interested in. In our role as the NIL Collective, we at BBFG have phenomenal relationships with the coaches and players for FB, WBB, and MBB. We intend to use those relationships to provide that coverage to Huskies around the country.

And regarding the Twitter folks -- we need to get the word out to every last UConn fan in the country that this model is a critical imperative for us to maintain our current level of success. We are incredibly grateful to all of them that have helped us promote Storrs Central leading up to launch on the 18th. Even if you aren't fond of some of them, what you need to understand is that if we hit our subscription goals for this site/app, we will be able to add $40,000-$50,000 per month to the NIL effort.

What that means is that the discussions here on the Boneyard can CONTINUE to be about WINNING teams.

I'm not hard to find if you have questions.

Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
It officially launches next Monday. My guess is it’s a “pay to join” kind of thing and the money goes towards NIL. Time to take a firm stance. I am #LoyalToTheYard
You're literally just taking a firm stance against NIL fundraising, which is the only method to be successful in the current landscape of collegiate athletics. This isn't a war. It's not a battle. It is the NIL Collective responsible for ensuring our continued success trying to raise more money to continue ensuring our success.

Reaction Score
So its essentially like paying for an SBNation type site? (But better presumably for being independent). With the money going to NIL (And paying bloggers/writers?)

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
The twitter model doesn't appeal to me either. Apparently there are other worlds of UConn fandom beyond the yard. I'll take 4 paragraph, drunk, impulsive, BY posts over blurbs every day of the week.
And you can't TLDR twitter posts...

Reaction Score
Then please consider making a $9.99/month donation at bleedingblueforgood.org/donate. Accomplishes the same thing I'm asking fans to do with Storrs Central and you don't ever have to engage with Mr. Hot Balls.
Why don't you just hyperlink the SC message boards to the Boneyard as a show of good faith? Why create your own? Win-win

Reaction Score
Interesting.

Seems like a missed opportunity to partner with the yard and bootstrap the forum element as a “premium” version of this board.

Although given the type of conversations that happen here, they may prefer that. e.g. how heavily will they moderate critical discussion of coaches/players in their forum.

As a user, it will be a pain to juggle multiple message boards (I understand that is not the entirety of that site, and not saying I wouldn’t support in its other capacities, I just think you have a huge target audience here that could be captured.)

Just some thoughts…

Reaction Score
You're literally just taking a firm stance against NIL fundraising, which is the only method to be successful in the current landscape of collegiate athletics. This isn't a war. It's not a battle. It is the NIL Collective responsible for ensuring our continued success trying to raise more money to continue ensuring our success.
Happy to donate to the initiative. I don’t love the competition with the boneyard that’s been here for decades. That’s all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom