“No Shame in Finishing 2nd to UConn.” | Page 2 | The Boneyard

“No Shame in Finishing 2nd to UConn.”

Reaction Score
I've never been but always heard Pittsburgh is a nice place.
Pittsburgh is meh but Oakmont is nice. At least it was awesome to the 12 year old version of myself who made several family trips there in the mid 90s. I would imagine it has become totally gentrified and lost some of its charm in the 20 years since.

Reaction Score
Indeed. Interesting show. Wharf Rat was particularly good too.

But everyone in the audience (including me) was gassed after the insanity in Merriweather. I remember thinking at the time it was a low energy show. But that ended up being us, not the band. The show holds up well on tape. And considering that the rest of the tour was outdoors in bonkers places (every stop on that tour was a mad house) I think it kinda was a weird change of pace to be inside in July after 11 shows in a row outside.
Indeed. '85 is an epic but kooky year. My birthday show is / was on of my favorite tapes. She Belongs to Me, Satisfaction, good stuff.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Indeed. '85 is an epic but kooky year. My birthday show is / was on of my favorite tapes. She Belongs to Me, Satisfaction, good stuff.

Chula Vista?

was there too. Great show.

Reaction Score
The only good thing about Pitt is that their losses in OBE Tourney to UConn in 2004 and 2011 catapulted the UConn team towards the National Championships. That's it - their fans are Duke wannabes with no brains
I can’t hear “crossover” without thinking of Pitt.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Reaction Score

Part 2:
Pitt's decision to cancel today's expected board meeting on short notice reiterates one thing that can't be denied: The Panthers' search for a new head coach is lacking a compass.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Pitt basketball has sucked for much of its history, with the exception of a 13 or so year run when they had a New York City pipeline by virtue of being in the Big East. When Dixon saw that pipeline drying up, he bolted, and it will be hard to rebuild without the Big East. Say what you want about St. Johns, Seton Hall and even DePaul, but it is a lot easier to recruit New York and Chicago if those schools are in a conference with yours.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Seeing a lot of Pittsburgh (the city) hate in these threads. I've never been but always heard Pittsburgh is a nice place.

And they have a sick baseball stadium
I lived out there for 4,5 years. It is a great place. In fact Western PA is a wonderful place to live. Fair priced homes, good food and fair priced beer. Cannot go wrong. Sports up the butt and not far from each other. I lived 30 minutes North West of Pitt. Spent every weekend there.

Reaction Score
Pitt basketball has sucked for much of its history, with the exception of a 13 or so year run when they had a New York City pipeline by virtue of being in the Big East. When Dixon saw that pipeline drying up, he bolted, and it will be hard to rebuild without the Big East. Say what you want about St. Johns, Seton Hall and even DePaul, but it is a lot easier to recruit New York and Chicago if those schools are in a conference with yours.
The peaks of Pitt's basketball history are a 13 year run where they got 1 E8 and a dunk in the 1980s that everyone plays on repeat because Raftery called it.

That's it.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Apparently K has reached out to him on howto break it.

Actually, K is running his own version of the 2-3 zone now--because his team can't play m2m for sh it.

Where did he learn it? From Jimmy B himself, who was K's assistant on the Olympic team. They implemented the zone during the Olympics for stretches.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom