“It’s all over” - A compilation of a few really dumb posts | Page 4 | The Boneyard

“It’s all over” - A compilation of a few really dumb posts

If these were your only 5 options...

• Hurley

Votes: 80 75.5%
  • Crean

Votes: 15 14.2%
  • McGrath

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Sanchez

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Skerry

Votes: 7 6.6%

• Total voters

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
that's the worst part. him and his agent used the NBA rumors to get a nice raise and increased buyout

Can you blame them? That's what they are supposed to do.

Reaction Score
NO ONE here has given any legitimate defense of AD Dave, you’ve just said i don’t know what I’m talking about

You’re probably the same people who defended Ollie with the argument of “who else would we hire”

He hired one of the top OC’s in the country away from a perennial football powerhouse (Auburn) and paid him only $350k / year. Rhett was probably looking for other options but no way does he even consider that deal at UConn without us having Benedict

ElmCity40th

F…y’all talkin bout?
Reaction Score
I'll support the team no matter what I'll voice my frustration with it here the people in charge know the temperature

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
I’ll be there with my friends we won’t be able to see it’ll be for the better

Reaction Score
We don't need a HOF coach. I like KO but he was fortunate to have Bazz & Co early on and when that group left KO was woefully unprepared to run a big program. We need a competent experienced coach with a little hunger....there are 350 division 1 BB teams so UConn is a big step up for at least 275 coaches...a good number of those would be a step up from KO.

Reaction Score
Again, what has AD done to inspire this sort of blind faith?

I actually agree with this.

I will hold my judgement of the guy as an AD until I see what he does with this Ollie situation.

Aspire Group? Ticket sales have plummeted. How much are we paying these people?

$60 to see WSU and Nova?

UConn athletics is falling apart.

He needs to right the ship to deserve all the praise he's getting. He also got his contract restructered WAY too early in my opinion.

Reaction Score
People on here are morons. If Dave got us into a P5, poached away Saban/Meyer and we crushed a 10-2 record in front of 30k season ticket holders, were on the cusp of negotiating a stadium expansion, had sold out uconn hoops games, etc, I’d be first to get my AD Dave tattoo.

This defense and applause of this guy is unwarranted

You defenders are idiots with no justification for backing him.

I’ll bump this thread in 3 years when we’re officially a mid major

Reaction Score
Well yeah, but there's a lot of daylight between being ranked consistently and what it seems like you were calling for.

Strawmaster, nobody is calling for UK-levels of performance.

Making the Tournament 3/4 of the time, ranked more than half the time, and a contender (Top 10) once every 3-4 years is easily doable. Wichita State and Gonzaga are there already, despite minimal history and being in a nothing conference.

The difference? Coaching.

Reaction Score
I'm going in expecting to come home with a few Big Red shirts and an L, but I'll gladly accept no Big Red shirts and a W too.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
If Dave got us into a P5, poached away Saban/Meyer and we crushed a 10-2 record in front of 30k season ticket holders, were on the cusp of negotiating a stadium expansion, had sold out uconn hoops games, etc, I’d be first to get my AD Dave tattoo.

At least your expectations are realistic

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
People on here are morons. If Dave got us into a P5, poached away Saban/Meyer and we crushed a 10-2 record in front of 30k season ticket holders, were on the cusp of negotiating a stadium expansion, had sold out uconn hoops games, etc, I’d be first to get my AD Dave tattoo.

Oh. So in order to be a good AD, the candidate needs to:

1) Force a P5 conference to take us.
2) Tell Saban and Meyer to figure out which one will be our new coach.
3) Expand the stadium after 30k season ticket holders and sold out hoops games (by far the most rational thing on the list)

Oh good. For a second there, I thought you were just some idiot blowhard... :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Strawmaster, nobody is calling for UK-levels of performance.

Making the Tournament 3/4 of the time, ranked more than half the time, and a contender (Top 10) once every 3-4 years is easily doable. Wichita State and Gonzaga are there already, despite minimal history and being in a nothing conference.

The difference? Coaching.
Strawmaster prefers ripping on other posters and telling us that nobody can do a better job than the trainwreck we currently have.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

I agree with you on the extension but come on - he inherted 99 problems. He solved the biggest one.

This isn’t the NBA - there is nothing you can do to fix a basketball team in December.

Reaction Score

You might be the biggest idiot this board has ever seen. A monumental feat that should make your parents proud.

Reaction Score
Arizona is better than Wichita State in my opinion. I think Arizona is going to look like a completely different team come February and I like them to win it all. That being said, Wichita State is still likely to destroy UConn, because we just aren’t any good simple as that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom