“It’s all over” - A compilation of a few really dumb posts | Page 20 | The Boneyard

“It’s all over” - A compilation of a few really dumb posts

If these were your only 5 options...

• Hurley

Votes: 80 75.5%
  • Crean

Votes: 15 14.2%
  • McGrath

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Sanchez

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Skerry

Votes: 7 6.6%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
I say we keep it close like the Arizona game and maybe have a shot to win, but that's just me being optimistic. Go figure.

Reaction Score
I agree with folks that say it won't happen mid-season barring a scandal. What the AD might be doing is assembing a search committee and starting to look into our options, both coach-wise and in terms of the deal they will offer Ollie.

The question is, does he start now or does he give Ollie one more year? If he gives him yet another chance, the seat will be scorching. If he is coaching again next year, I don't give a crap who leaves, who gets injured or how young the team is. Make the NCAA tournament or you are gone. The bar might even need to be higher.

Reaction Score
Luckily, AD DB is far more sensible than most on here. It really makes little sense to let go of Ollie mid season(although KO probably deserves it). In fact, it makes little sense to let him go entirely without a successor and terms already in place. UConn would not do well with a national, publicized search. Either our brand and egos will get hurt or UConn will be forced to overpay for the guy they want. Lose, lose.

As for today, total no brainer to take Wichita giving the 10.

Reaction Score
A game like today will not spell KO’s demise this season, but if he continues to lose against the ECU, Tulane and Tulsas of the world.... That said, today is a big chance for him and the team to reset the clock.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I’m done with having expectations. I now hope that we don’t put on an embarrassing display of completely inept basketball on national TV for the third time in one season. That’s the new bar: don’t become a laughingstock.

Reaction Score
A game like today will not spell KO’s demise this season, but if he continues to lose against the ECU, Tulane and Tulsas of the world.... That said, today is a big chance for him and the team to reset the clock.
That post says so much. We're hoping to be better than ecu, Tulane, and Tulsa!??????
A sport where we won a NC but 4 years ago?

Reaction Score
Once in a while there are miracles. Why not us?

I like UConn as a dominant force. Not the underdog. Don't get me wrong, I like winning better, but this 'hoping to steal a win' crap in between debating whether Ollie has it in him sucks

Reaction Score
By how many points will Uconn go down early and at what mark?

I'm saying down by 15 within 10 minutes. It is a constant that Ollie and staff have not solved for.
I'm a WSU fan. Down by 15 in 10 minutes is our pattern. We managed to get down by 18 to Cal, although that took a little over 20 minutes to achieve.

If that's the pattern for both teams, then the first half could be a real battle in an unusual way.

WSU has been bad at defending dribble penetration and has given up a lot of open 3's on pick-n-roll plays and pick-n-pop plays. Watch for open perimeter shooters after UConn runs a high screen from a post player.

Reaction Score
How many illegal screens per game do we get called for? A very basic skill.

Chely's Home

Bring back the whalers
Reaction Score
Went to ASU but grew up a husky fan
The energy here is so positive

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Posted in another thread but meant to post here.
upload_2017-12-30_14-9-48.png

Reaction Score
He would be gone already if not for the big buy out...(talk I have heard) uconn is cheap

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
He's gone but he'll coach out the season. I'm sure feelers are going out to potential candidates in preparation.

Reaction Score
A lot of emotion right now... I’m sure everyone wants him gone after a loss... everyone wants him here after a win.

Wait until the end of the season.

Reaction Score
I still contest the Gilbert injury is the achilles heel of KO's demise.

Give him one more season, the makeup of the team next year will be drastically different and far improved.

Not to mention the recruiting losses if KO's canned.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
A lot of emotion right now... I’m sure everyone wants him gone after a loss... everyone wants him here after a win.

Wait until the end of the season.
Define the 'everyone' who wants him here after a win? Nowadays those who want him after a win are quite small. I didn't want him hired in the first place and hated how JC forced him on the school.

Reaction Score
Define the 'everyone' who wants him here after a win? Nowadays those who want him after a win are quite small. I didn't want him hired in the first place and hated how JC forced him on the school.

After Oregon win maybe...

‘Everyone’ meaning most I suppose (my b)...

Can’t replace JC IMO

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I still contest the Gilbert injury is the achilles heel of KO's demise.

Give him one more season, the makeup of the team next year will be drastically different and far improved.

Not to mention the recruiting losses if KO's canned.
This is the "wait until next year" mentality that we have heard since 2014. It's not working. Sometimes change for change's sake is required.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom