“It’s a collision course. This is how it’s always had to be” | Page 3 | The Boneyard

“It’s a collision course. This is how it’s always had to be”

Reaction Score
Purdue has players at every position that thrive on people underestimating them. Their guards are smart and know how to find space after the dump to Edey. They are the most efficient 3 point shooting team in the country because they get a lot of open ones.

Kauffman renn and Gillis when off the bench will be a hand full for karaban and Stewart as well, both very strong 4s.

Gonna be a tough battle across the board.

Reaction Score
Purdue has players at every position that thrive on people underestimating them. Their guards are smart and know how to find space after the dump to Edey. They are the most efficient 3 point shooting team in the country because they get a lot of open ones.

Kauffman renn and Gillis when off the bench will be a hand full for karaban and Stewart as well, both very strong 4s.

Gonna be a tough battle across the board.
Unless we double Edey a lot I don’t think those 3’s will be quite so open.

Reaction Score
UConn playing at such a high level and so deep. This is a different style that Purdue really has not faced all year. First 5 minutes will tell the story.

Reaction Score
I think it’s time to finally say….what are they going to do about Castle? We’ve talked about him as a “nice to have” piece all year and he’s now become a game changer that I don’t think they have any answer for on either end.

Reaction Score
Uconn is a machine.....a woodchipper machine.....and each game is a life-or-death struggle for the opponent not to get pushed through it. Ha-ha, love it!

Reaction Score
Our B game is 10 points better than their A game. If we show up with our A game its over by halftime. Sorry, not sorry but Purdue didnt scare me coming into this F4 and after the way we handled an explosive backcourt like Bamas who was the best and most explosive 3 shooting team in the tourney im even less concerned. I mean am i seriously supposed to be scared of a team that need 40 point from their big to beat Gonzaga and could only put up 63 against NC state? Oh yeah Loyer and Smith are real scary. lol!
I know our B game would be enough I want our A game.

Reaction Score
Worried about their size at the 4. Karaban may be a bit overmatched on D. Jaylin Stewart may play a bigger role

Reaction Score
If he's got position, let him get the easy bucket. Otherwise, more important that DC puts a body on him and box him out. Edey gets a lot of second hand points on put backs. I said it in the game chat, but Edey better put his running shoes on because once that rebound is ours, Clingan and Johnson are rim running and Edey, respectfully to a 7'4 guy, is very slow.
I’d like to see DC contest the entry pass and play in front of Edey. If Edey gets a few so what. What we can’t have is DC trying to contest Edey at the rim all day of he’ll be gone by half time.

Reaction Score
I see this game pretty straight forward:

1) We might want to speed up Purdue, unlike Alabama and don’’t let Edey get set up.
2) Purdue’s inside Out game can be lethal if they are left to open 3’s. We need to be ready for the kick out pass from Zac and guard that 3 point line. Use our size / length to force them off 3 point line.
3) I’d like to see us use a combination of Samson and Donovan to wear down Edey - maybe Samson earlier than later. Let him body up and pick up fouls if needed. Let Clingan run him off the floor in the second half.
4) We need to shake off shooting slump and start draining shots early, build a lead and let Purdue expend all its energy trying to even things up.
5) This game will be decided at 30 min mark much like last night.

Reaction Score
Monster Mash!
A89A4E48-8883-44C5-A96A-4956C7F3125A.jpeg

Reaction Score
....and staying out of foul trouble for Castle...

Last night he had 4?
It kind of is what it is at this point. His defensive assignments are rough and he's getting it done. If I had to trade 25% of his offensive production on Monday night for him to clamp-up Braden Smith, I'll take it.

Reaction Score
If Clingan plays smart and stays vertical, I like our chances. He doesn’t need to block a shot of Edey’s and he shouldn’t jump to contest anything. Hand in the face to contest the hook and stay on the court.
If he can make it to the second half with 1 or 0 fouls, he can start to get a little more aggressive. Same with Castle, though I think Castle will be in better shape guarding Smith than he was against Sears, who was very good at drawing fouls.

Reaction Score
Only thing I’m worried about is refs getting DC in foul trouble. Other than that, I think we roll -doomed

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Edey is great on offense and he will score, but he is going to have trouble keeping up with Clingan and Johnson in transition. I think UConn is going to push the ball.
I agree. Is he going to be able to play 40 minutes and chase our center up the floor?

Reaction Score
Only thing I’m worried about is refs getting DC in foul trouble. Other than that, I think we roll -doomed
He's just got to play disciplined and realize.. making Edey work for 25 points all game and not fouling is betting that trying to shut him out and wind up on the bench in foul trouble and watch Edey put up 25 in the first half. We don't need to shut out Edey.. just make his life miserable and then make him run up and down the court and take those legs away. Tired legs struggle shooting.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom