“Graduate girlies” lol | The Boneyard

“Graduate girlies” lol

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
We all must be so happy that these "graduate-girlies" chose Storrs to extend their college careers. It should pay off for them both.
With their transfers to UConn Dorka & Lou have gone from marginal pro prospects to solid pro prospects, something that should not be lost on potential transfers in the future.

Reaction Score
In lieu of a Senior night, since we have none, I think it would be a great idea to have a Grad Student night. What say you Boneyarders
Dorka already had her Senior night last year, and she only gets one. Lou will get her Senior night, and they won't make the distinction between grad senior and regular senior. Aubrey could have her academic senior night this year, whether she decides to return or not.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Dorka already had her Senior night last year, and she only gets one. Lou will get her Senior night, and they won't make the distinction between grad senior and regular senior. Aubrey could have her academic senior night this year, whether she decides to return or not.
I know that Geno has always taken the position that players get only one senior day. But considering the season that Dorka is having, that she had not made a decision about coming back until after last season and she was accompanied by teammates and not family on senior day, I really hope that Geno makes an exception in Dorka’s case, particularly if her family can make it over to senior day from Hungary.

Reaction Score
I know that Geno has always taken the position that players get only one senior day. But considering the season that Dorka is having, that she had not made a decision about coming back until after last season and she was accompanied by teammates and not family on senior day, I really hope that Geno makes an exception in Dorka’s case, particularly if her family can make it over to senior day from Hungary.
Yep. There’s always exception to the rules and this seems like a well deserved one, especially if the families could attend.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Don’t give her another framed Jersey, but have her come out and be recognized with her parents. You meet the letter of the rule, and let Dorka be recognized.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

CD recently said next year’s team will have a roster of 14. That implies that Aubs is staying.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Don’t give her another framed Jersey, but have her come out and be recognized with her parents. You meet the letter of the rule, and let Dorka be recognized.
I would also obviously recognize Lou for her contribution to our team. This is the only time UConn nation will be able to thank her officially for providing Senior leadership and stability to our team. Lou and Dorka are true Huskies, and I want their send-off to be something they will always remember. These two girls have been invaluable to our team this year, and I want the opportunity for UConn nation to show them how much we love them and appreciate what they have done for our program.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I would also obviously recognize Lou for her contribution to our team. This is the only time UConn nation will be able to thank her officially for providing Senior leadership and stability to our team. Lou and Dorka are true Huskies, and I want their send-off to be something they will always remember. These two girls have been invaluable to our team this year, and I want the opportunity for UConn nation to show them how much we love them and appreciate what they have done for our program.
Agree. Lou would be entitled to a senior day since she hadn’t gotten one before. So she would get the jersey

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Were the principals offended by being called girlies? Why not consider the context of "girlies"? Was it meant to offend or was it intended to be complimentary?

I have never understood why some people are offended when an adult women is referred to as a girl.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Were the principals offended by being called girlies? Why not consider the context of "girlies"? Was it meant to offend or was it intended to be complimentary?

I have never understood why some people are offended when an adult women is referred to as a girl.
I suspect it’s a team joke. Dorka retweeted it so she’s clearly not offended

Reaction Score
Re Dorka - is it being suggested that if she wanted to return next year that Geno might say no? Really?

Reaction Score
I suspect it’s a team joke. Dorka retweeted it so she’s clearly not offended
Wasn't "Yankee Doodle" intended as an insult? Then the "colonials" turned it on its head. I suspect that if the members of the best program in the WCBB space were to adopt "girlies" as a badge of honor, get some tee shirts made up, etc., we'd quickly see an army of young "girlies" emerge.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Re Dorka - is it being suggested that if she wanted to return next year that Geno might say no? Really?
Dorka doesn’t have any remaining eligibility after this year, so it’s a non-issue.

Reaction Score
My daughter and her friends who are roughly the same age as Lou and Dorka refer to themselves as "girlies" quite often. It is not derogatory at all for "kids" of that age.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
If you order a tee shirt from a European website, you can get it in “men’s” or “girlie”.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom