‘Super stubborn’ James Bouknight retrospective on rookie season with Hornets (Charlotte Observer) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

‘Super stubborn’ James Bouknight retrospective on rookie season with Hornets (Charlotte Observer)

Reaction Score
Trade bait.... They are paying a lot of money for a G-League Star with a bad attitude

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If he only had 1/10th of kyrie's talent but I get what you are saying.

McLovin is off base - some of us who have spoken to players and folks affiliated with the UConn program that have expressed deep concern over Bouknights behavior, especially in his personal life. Just because some other NBA players have had issues doesn't make it any less of a concern with JB. There are facts that many here know nothing about and if they did they may look at JB in a different light. The fact that DH has remained in denial and used him as a poster boy for his program is troubling to me.
I don't care if people don't like what I say concerning JB - there is a very good reason why CV had absolutely nothing to do with him during and after the Xavier game at Gampel this past season. He knows but sensibly will not discuss publicly - as I won't say anything specific about the things I have discovered. That's up to JB.
JB has God given talent that few have but won't be able to use it if he doesn't honor basic authority and does things that are self destructive. It will be very sad if he doesn't decide to change the things he has openly discussed as a starting point. I sincerely hope he does and I wish him all the best but the ball is solely in his court now. It's time to put the big boy pants on and go earn a living. He needs to concentrate on basketball and the things JB can do on and off the court to make himself a better player, healthier in mind and body and less "stubborn".
My best to him going forward....................................
Cmon man, how bad could it possibly be? You make him sound like an ex convict. Almost all 20 year old kids make poor decisions. I know I did. If it was as bad as you are letting on more would have come out. Hurley is doing what he should be doing. Promoting his programs ability to get kids to the league

Reaction Score
There is quite a bit more to this story than is being reported…. Just hope Bouk & Borrego can get on the same page and he can start to truly develop his game. Rooting hard for him.

Reaction Score
Sounds like James is maturing. I expect him to be in the rotation next year if still with the club. IMNO1 thinks the decision to leave school early was good in his maturing process. He learned a lot about himself this past season
It was but 2 months ago he was making a fool of himself at a UConn home game. I'd gather any sort of maturation he's showing now is purely monetarily motivated.

Reaction Score
anyone care to comment instead of dropping cryptic allusions to what is going on?
A lot to unpack there. The altercation with Bouk and Borrego on the bench didn’t just erupt out of thin air, it goes way back to Vegas summer league and the phone call with MJ. I think it’s safe to say Bouk and Borrego didn’t exactly see eye to eye on things. I’m not going to throw anyone under the bus, just hoping they can move past it and start to prioritize Bouks development.

Reaction Score
So he was thrown out of Gampel for talking on his phone? I don’t think that was the reason. If it was lots of others including me should have been thrown out. He was thrown out because he acted like a knucklehead and had no respect for authority. I hope he succeeds but I think what he said in the article was lots of bs. Call me a doubter.
Exactly, the first step is to be honest about your actions before you can make corrections. Over-all, @gtcam pretty much nailed it. There’s a reason why his coach made the point he needs to improve in three areas: on the court, in the weight room and off the court. It has nothing to do with being a “stubborn” competitor. Rather, it is more about changing “stubborn” immature habits that need to be eliminated, so that he can focus on his profession. James could learn a great deal from CV and his decision making. A non impact rookie player is not on equal footing with his coach on any NBA bench. He is subservient, James needs to understand the pecking order. As for Vegas, having “fun” there shouldn’t be the objective, he tried that last summer. He really needs to take things seriously this year. You only get so many chances and being a lottery pick perhaps gets you a second chance but maybe not a third. I know Chief may sound like I am in a no fun zone, and those who know me realize that’s not me; but in James case that’s how he needs to approach next season. Take care of business.

Reaction Score
Stephen King Clown GIF by Maudit
Funny story, maybe just to me...

I have a Plex server in the house, so I can stream all of my downloaded movies to the TV on their app.. I downloaded the original version of "It" and for some reason the box art pops up and it's the Spanish version "Es"

I laugh every time I see it.

Reaction Score
It's not like any other beloved huskies wasted the prime of their careers on the hornets smh.
Pretty sure if you asked Kemba he wouldn’t say he wasted his prime there. Kemba absolutely loved Charlotte and gave it his all

Reaction Score
I keep reading the thread title as "Super Stupid" every time I glance over it:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom