‘He’s like a leopard’: Coaches rave about what Andre Jackson brings to UConn - The Athletic article | Page 2 | The Boneyard

‘He’s like a leopard’: Coaches rave about what Andre Jackson brings to UConn - The Athletic article

Reaction Score
If he develops his outside shot, he’s a Zach LaVine clone. Far and away the best comp.
The scary thing is he may not be done growing. Hurley recently said he is now 6'7, Lavine is 6'6. Imagine if he gets to 6'8-6'9. Good God Almighty

Reaction Score
James White the former Florida and Cincinnati athlete, played from 2002 to 2006, keeps popping into may head as a comp. White was not a ball handler or distributor but man was he a thin out of thhis world athlete. Played Florida for freshman year and Cincinnati rest of his career. For those not familiar YouTube some of his highlights.

Reaction Score
If he develops his outside shot, he’s a Zach LaVine clone. Far and away the best comp.

his one foot jumping is just like Zach LaVine. But I think Jackson will prove to be more athletic in games than LaVine. It’s hard to explain but LaVine is a ridiculous athlete but goes entire halves without really displaying his athleticism functionally. Everything I’ve seen from Jackson makes me think that he always looks like the most athletic guy on the court.

Reaction Score
The scary thing is he may not be done growing. Hurley recently said he is now 6'7, Lavine is 6'6. Imagine if he gets to 6'8-6'9. Good God Almighty

If he is 6' 7" he is "Dr. Jr", Julius is 6' 7". Jackson does appear to have a strong build like a young Julius, he will add muscle quickly.

Last edited:

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
James White the former Florida and Cincinnati athlete, played from 2002 to 2006, keeps popping into may head as a comp. White was not a ball handler or distributor but man was he a thin out of thhis world athlete. Played Florida for freshman year and Cincinnati rest of his career. For those not familiar YouTube some of his highlights.

I remember watching a HS dunk contest involving White and David Lee. White had sick athleticism.

I hope AJ is a more complete player.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
My mind keeps going to a Daniel Hamilton with Rudy Gay athleticism.
That would be amazing.

DHam's passing and court sense (and different ways of scoring) were/ are unique. Always thought he'd be able to find his way to the league because of that. Not really sure why it never quite came together. He's someone who could've really benefitted from a coach that really knew how to help him develop.
... and a little more athleticism would've been huge

Reaction Score
My mind keeps going to a Daniel Hamilton with Rudy Gay athleticism.

The thought of that has me tingling. I too see the same but if I’m being honest I’ve seen more Rudy gay than Daniel Hamilton. I’ve only seen his mixtapes which is all crazy dunks but if he has d hams playmaking ability than pls put bouk and Whaley on the sideline and keep driving and throwing oops to them. Hamilton to brimah was such a easy bucket and if andres able to throw those lobs too than ima have some major tingling for a whole season.

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
When it is all said and done and we win our 5th NCAA championship, I can just see a 30 for 30 special about everything that UConn has gone through... The story of getting screwed left and right but coming out the other side better than ever!

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Andre comin'

1589341511693.png

Reaction Score
I believe that Berry was more of a power guy, thug type player. AJ is more athletic with point guard skills. I will go to UConngames.com and see if there are any games with Berry.
Russell Westbrook clone?

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Berry was a thug off the court. On the court, I still have this play in my mind where he dribbles the length of the court, slows down, lets the ball come up and pushes a no-look pass to the cutter on the right. Berry had PG skills.
Berry was 6-8 Power Forward who weighed 215 both years and averaged 10 boards a game over 2 years. He averaged about 1 assist in the same time period. Jackson is listed as 6-6 small forward who weighs 180. Berry was a rave as a college player but lasted only three years in the league due to "problems with coaches". Had a long career in Europe. I never felt too comfortable about someone referred to as "The Truth". A lot of talent though.

Reaction Score
Actually laughed out loud. It's the only time I've ever seen him actually take one bite!

Reaction Score
When it is all said and done and we win our 5th NCAA championship, I can just see a 30 for 30 special about everything that UConn has gone through... The story of getting screwed left and right but coming out the other side better than ever!
Unfortunately that will never happen because 30 for 30 is an ESPN thing. But it don't matter, just getting the 5th will be enough to piss everyone else off and give us our just desserts.

Reaction Score
I guess the Blaze thing worked pretty good after-all?
I decided to un-ignore Chief for one post for the first time in months just to see what kind of drivel I would read. Unsurprisingly, I was not disappointed. "The blaze thing worked pretty good after all?" Wasn't that like 5 or 6 recruiting classes and an entire coaching staff ago? Anywhoo..........back to ignore.

C

Chief00

I decided to un-ignore Chief for one post for the first time in months just to see what kind of drivel I would read. Unsurprisingly, I was not disappointed. "The blaze thing worked pretty good after all?" Wasn't that like 5 or 6 recruiting classes and an entire coaching staff ago? Anywhoo..........back to ignore.
You have too much time on your hands. No Blaze is alive and thriving - Jackson and his mom had their Blaze pilgrimage on his OV. Bouknight and Gaffney were Blaze Dam Break recruits.

Reaction Score
You have too much time on your hands. No Blaze is alive and thriving - Jackson and his mom had their Blaze pilgrimage on his OV. Bouknight and Gaffney were Blaze Dam Break recruits.

Thanks Chief. It's been a long week at work and I needed a good laugh. Have a great Memorial Day weekend.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom