‘Big Red’ Tom Emery is a Connecticut celebrity, but to him, he’s 'just a fan' | Page 2 | The Boneyard

‘Big Red’ Tom Emery is a Connecticut celebrity, but to him, he’s 'just a fan'

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Any court!
The real question is when Mau does this does he say.

"Mau-Conn-Fan"
"Ma-UConn-Fan"
"Em-Ay UConn Fan"
"Massachusetts UConn Fan"
"Mau"

If you say anything but the last one do people just stare at you blanky? On the other hand if you say to a non-yarder "Hi I'm Mau." That has to be a little awkward.
1582754605273.png

Reaction Score

"Mau-Conn-Fan"
"Ma-UConn-Fan"
"Em-Ay UConn Fan"
"Mau"

If you say anything but the last one do people just stare at you blanky? On the other hand if you say to a non-yarder "Hi I'm Mau." That has to be a little awkward.
View attachment 51250

All the old guys who've seen me is pretty much an automatic Mau (or Kev). If court is in session and I'm in front with cuffs on they ignore me or stare at me blanky as you say! :cool:

Reaction Score
If you meet Big Red, he says he is a different Tom Emery. If you ask temery, he’ll say he isn’t Big Red. Yet, many board members will tell you they are one in the same.

I guess Tom Emery is a common name? :)

On top of that, not only do we happen to get 2 Tom Emerys but they both happen to be HUGE UConn fans.

1 leads chants at games while the other created the Boneyard...and neither one knows the other.

Go figure! ;)

Reaction Score

"Mau-Conn-Fan"
"Ma-UConn-Fan"
"Em-Ay UConn Fan"
"Mau"

View attachment 51250
It took me far longer than I care to admit before I even considered the fact or logic of his handle being MA UConn fan and not Mau

Reaction Score
Tom,
It was fun watching you get the notoriety! I had my Grandsons at the game (they are (were) big BC fans). Now they are teaching their friends the UCONN cheer. Of course when I brought my wife back to the hotel room what do we see over our bed - yes!! Big Red- see attached. Thanks for all you do
Ed
Oh man, love that picture! They should make those available as prints - I'd totally pick one up!

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
It's one of the joys of my life to know big red and participate on his UConn fan forum.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Wait, people still don't know that Big Red is Tom Emery is temery?

Big Red, thanks for everything you do both at the games and on this board!
Hear Hear!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom