π Rat ThoughtZ™ | The Boneyard

π Rat ThoughtZ™

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
  1. Did you see the ECU cheerleaders? Why can't we have nice things?
  2. Tough start again. But we made up for it with a decent start to the 2nd half, which seems to be a recent development.
  3. Don't know who deserves the weighty cajones award more now... Alterique or Jalen. I think Jalen earned it tonight.
  4. All things considered, Jalen played a magnificent game. Double-double in a game he wasn't even expected to play. His bucket to end the first half was an absolute thing of beauty, and late in the game, he was just out there having fun, doing pretty much everything he wanted to.
  5. Josh played great and Josh played lousy. For a while, it was a question as to whether he'd have more buckets or turnovers. Fortunately, he had more buckets, and more rebounds, too. He was a definite force in the middle, on both ends.
  6. Sid only took one bad shot, but I really thought that one was going to hurt us. He's just not the guy I want shooting a 3 when we are nursing a 2 point lead late. But boy, I like it when he shoots it straight down!
  7. 5:36 left in the game, Gardner's obvious charge is called a foul on Badams. I thought that might be the knife through the heart. But Gardner missed the FT, and JA made the free throws at 5 minutes to start the big rally.
  8. Kept reading/hearing Isaac Fleming as Ian Fleming.
  9. Our tall guys shot way better than our guards. Josh, Tyler and Sid were 20 of 25 from the field. Of course Josh and Sid shot a lot of shots from directly over the hoop, which is a good thing for tall guys to do.
  10. Tarin didn't have much of an offensive game, but he didn't throw up a bunch of ill advised shots and only commited the over drive into a turnover deal once. Instead he played D, got boards, handled the ball well in winning time and dropped dimes. For my money, it was his best game of the year.
  11. Williams hooked Vital bad, right in front of Teddy V. No call, but then he whistles Vital on the block from behind. We were up by 14 or so at the time, so no effect on the outcome, but it frosted my nuggets nonetheless.
  12. Five guys in double figures!
  13. Two guys with double-doubles.
  14. What a difference in our FT shooting from last game!
  15. Yes, it's the end of a disappointing season, but dammit, I'm proud of the way these guys played today, and just feel better about everything tonight.

Reaction Score
Was it me or did the officials not seem to know what a pivot foot is. Several travels called on both teams that just weren't travels, and several obvious ones missed.

The ECU cheerleaders were one of the highlights of the broadcast before we pulled away.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
...did the officials not seem to know what a pivot foot is.
There's a lot of that going around. The one I watch really carefully is the back foot shuffle at the start of a drive. well more than half the time, there's no travel at all. Guy catches the ball with both feet on the ground. He doesn't have a pivot foot until he picks one foot up or moves it. When he shuffles one foot back, the other foot becomes his pivot foot, and there can't be a travel until that foot touches the court in a different spot before starting to dribble.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
But our male cheerleaders were much better looking. And in the end, that's what matters most.

Reaction Score
There's a lot of that going around. The one I watch really carefully is the back foot shuffle at the start of a drive. well more than half the time, there's no travel at all. Guy catches the ball with both feet on the ground. He doesn't have a pivot foot until he picks one foot up or moves it. When he shuffles one foot back, the other foot becomes his pivot foot, and there can't be a travel until that foot touched the court in a different spot before starting to dribble.
One of my pet peeves too. Sometimes it seems like the refs call the travel there based more on the player's upper body movement, like if they kind of rapidly lean back while accelerating the refs think their feet are moving too.

Reaction Score
One of my pet peeves too. Sometimes it seems like the refs call the travel there based more on the player's upper body movement, like if they kind of rapidly lean back while accelerating the refs think their feet are moving too.
I am telling you, the refs are TOO close to the action. Get a better view from the first couple of rows.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom