Men - UConn Baseball 2024 | Page 19 | The Boneyard

Men UConn Baseball 2024

Reaction Score

-> UConn, the regular season champion and the No. 1 seed in the upcoming tournament, had a league-high four all-conference first team selections and four all-league second team members. <-

Certainly a nice showing by the UConn players for so many of them to make the Big East first and second teams. Of course, UConn pretty much dominated in conference play this season, not losing any conference weekend series.

Little surprised Paul Tammaro did not get make the all conference teams. Must be a good year for shortstops on Big East teams this season, so that's the way it goes.

Reaction Score
2024 Stats heading into Tourney:

IMG_0770.jpeg

* ignore “as of date” - it’s current^ *

Reaction Score
2024 Stats heading into Tourney:

View attachment 101058
* ignore “as of date” - it’s current^ *
20 innings pitched by Afthim seems underutilized. Even 38 by Quinn. They may need 10 innings from Afthim/Quinn a piece in the regionals to advance but that’s ok.

A 25’ Cooke Quinn Afthim return plus what appears to be about 50% of the HR eligible to return and all of a sudden there’s a lot there to build on. A successful 24’ NCAA run could land them an elite bat or arm to add to that next year that can be the difference. It’s a big opportunity for Uconn baseball and kinda hidden imo.

Reaction Score
20 innings pitched by Afthim seems underutilized. Even 38 by Quinn. They may need 10 innings from Afthim/Quinn a piece in the regionals to advance but that’s ok.

A 25’ Cooke Quinn Afthim return plus what appears to be about 50% of the HR eligible to return and all of a sudden there’s a lot there to build on. A successful 24’ NCAA run could land them an elite bat or arm to add to that next year that can be the difference. It’s a big opportunity for Uconn baseball and kinda hidden imo.
I've said that all year. 20 innings is just not enough out of your top guy out of bullpen. Quinn should have more too.

Reaction Score
Could someone explain to me how, with his numbers and history, Jack Sullivan only threw 13 innings the entire season?
It does seem limited usage. I think 230 innings by the weekend guys certainly played into it which is good but…this is why I’m hoping these guys return next season. Seems like a waste at a combined 70 innings. Developmental guys that were brought along but the production won’t match the investment in terms of when they were ready to contribute at that level that can win nationally. Sully, in limited usage, has really improved the most imo. Getting late inning work, even limited was proof. He was a long ways from that late last year.

Reaction Score
It does seem limited usage. I think 230 innings by the weekend guys certainly played into it which is good but…this is why I’m hoping these guys return next season. Seems like a waste at a combined 70 innings. Developmental guys that were brought along but the production won’t match the investment in terms of when they were ready to contribute at that level that can win nationally. Sully, in limited usage, has really improved the most imo. Getting late inning work, even limited was proof. He was a long ways from that late last year.
70 innings I was referring to were Quinn Afthim Sully.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom