The rare losing streak question for UConn fans | The Boneyard

The rare losing streak question for UConn fans

Reaction Score
Everybody knows almost every notable good streak in the sport was set by Geno, but that got me thinking about who has ever beat this guy?! So I went looking for it and now I wonder how many fans, Husky or otherwise, know the answer.

No cheating, which program has the longest winning streak against against Geno?

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Has or had? If "had", I don't remember the answer but am pretty sure it was on the (very) (old) Big East. One of the originals, during the time between Geno's arrival and when UConn got good.

Currently, I'd be surprised if anyone has a lengthy streak, although a few teams have beaten UConn multiple times, I know South Carolina is at 4 and can't imagine anyone with more at this point.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Everybody knows almost every notable good streak in the sport was set by Geno, but that got me thinking about who has ever beat this guy?! So I went looking for it and now I wonder how many fans, Husky or otherwise, know the answer.

No cheating, which program has the longest winning streak against against Geno?
I'd assume South Carolina is the current holder with 4 straight. Muffet also had a 4 straight stretch from 2012 to 2013. Pat won 3 in a row on two occasions in the rivalry (1997-1999 and 2005-2007). Kim has won back to back games on multiple occasions (2019 and 2020, 2012 and 2013). I could be wrong but I can't think of anyone else who has had 3 straight wins over UCONN since the early 90s.

Reaction Score
Here is a post from 2020, at which time LaSalle was the only team with a winning record during the Geno era (0-3). LaSalle was also unbeaten all-time as well (0-4).

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
I'd guess Providence, as there was a player (Tracy ?) whose name I cannot remember (trying not to look it up) who was a scorer and in Geno's early days, was the team to beat in the Big East.

Reaction Score
I'd guess Providence, as there was a player (Tracy ?) whose name I cannot remember (trying not to look it up) who was a scorer and in Geno's early days, was the team to beat in the Big East.
Tracy lis from killingly

Reaction Score
I'd assume South Carolina is the current holder with 4 straight. Muffet also had a 4 straight stretch from 2012 to 2013. Pat won 3 in a row on two occasions in the rivalry (1997-1999 and 2005-2007). Kim has won back to back games on multiple occasions (2019 and 2020, 2012 and 2013). I could be wrong but I can't think of anyone else who has had 3 straight wins over UCONN since the early 90s.
Not quite to three in a row yet, but Notre Dame has back-to-back wins the last two seasons and will be favored for a third since the game is in South Bend next year.

Reaction Score
Has or had? If "had", I don't remember the answer but am pretty sure it was on the (very) (old) Big East. One of the originals, during the time between Geno's arrival and when UConn got good.
Villanova, by a wide margin.

His first game against them was 1986. The Wildcats won the first 8 matchups against Auriemma, and the first 14 in the series overall. Since then, it has been a bit tougher sledding.

I think Providence is next. They won the first 5. Longest streak that began under Geno is 4.

IMG_0878.jpeg

Reaction Score
Villanova, by a wide margin.

His first game against them was 1986. The Wildcats won the first 8 matchups against Auriemma, and the first 14 in the series overall. Since then, it has been a bit tougher sledding.

I think Providence is next. They won the first 5. Longest streak that began under Geno is 4.
I had no idea a phone screenshot would be that big on laptop version of the site.

Reaction Score
I'd say without looking that coach-wise, I'd say Gail Goestenkors is one of the few with a winning record against Geno.

Reaction Score
South Carolina is 4-0 currently. We haven't lost since the freshies were sophomores. Something I was just thinking about, our senior class this upcoming year will have never lost to UConn if we beat y'all this year. Of the teams that play UConn annually, has that ever happened since Geno won his first national title?

Reaction Score
South Carolina is 4-0 currently. We haven't lost since the freshies were sophomores. Something I was just thinking about, our senior class this upcoming year will have never lost to UConn if we beat y'all this year. Of the teams that play UConn annually, has that ever happened since Geno won his first national title?
Well there was one year that ND went 3-0 on them before losing in the FF. That was pretty close.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom