The House case | Page 9 | The Boneyard

The House case

Reaction Score
That is not what I said. I said that if the P2 has so much leverage, why don't they just make the other schools pay all of it?

That's a great question, and it is because the P2 don't have nearly the power that the media and some fans give them.

Reaction Score
, reductio ad absurdum
So are they now going to compensate SMU for their loss of millions of dollars due to the death penalty they received for doing something that they’re now mandating.. Why not ? Also of no what’s the rationale .
They cleverly got around that by only compensating damages created over the previous four years prior to the NCAA's 2021 ruling.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
This deal guarantees that the B1G/SEC aren't breaking away alone. If anything it is a sign that the P4/Notre Dame are laying the groundwork to potentially breakaway down the road. It makes it iffy whether or not the Big East is part of that though I would have to say that it is likely that they are brought along.
There is no way in hell you can possibly see what has happened over the last two weeks and deduce “it’s likely the Big East will be brought along”

The Big East teams outside of UConn can hardly afford the settlement payments (see Val’s angry note) and upcoming revenue split. We’re at the top of the iceberg. And the BE isn’t even in the room where these important decisions are being made- it is the A4 + Notre Dame and that is it.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
That's a great question, and it is because the P2 don't have nearly the power that the media and some fans give them.
They literally have the legislative authority to write their own rules within the NCAA and just forced non-football leagues + G5 to pay 60% of the settlement.

What on Earth are you talking about?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom